Looking to purchase 2013 1.4 turbo Dart. Help! - Page 7
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Looking to purchase 2013 1.4 turbo Dart. Help!

This is a discussion on Looking to purchase 2013 1.4 turbo Dart. Help! within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; C'mon guys can we simmer this down? Or at least create a new thread on this matter?? This poor bastard who was looking to buy ...

User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Looking to purchase 2013 1.4 turbo Dart. Help!

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Manual Blue Streak Pearl Coat
      Mods
      See signature
      Liked
      160 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      C'mon guys can we simmer this down? Or at least create a new thread on this matter?? This poor bastard who was looking to buy their dart probably ran screaming thinking we are all crazy by now..

Let's just agree to disagree here.
      #1 - We know the Dart has a lot of from the factory issues
      #2 - No need for anyone to bash anyone here (this includes what I have said as well)
      #3 - The 2.0L auto is by far the most reliable (in SE format). But in short, it's slow in stock form...
      #4 - The 2.4L does have oil consumption issues that are pretty quick to find out within the first 30k miles usually which has been linked in the past to mis-installation of cylinder 4. Either this is still happening to this day but CDJR doesn't care (wouldn't surprise me at this point), or they initially purchased/manufactured millions of them and they are all in a warehouse ready to be put in cars and CDJR doesn't feel like taking them all apart because it would affect their bottom line and expediency in manufacture. The 2.4L IS a great engine IF you know it doesn't have the oil consumption issues.. But then the 1.4L is also a great engine if it was put together properly :/
      #5 - To the O.P. I feel like all of us owes you an apology and I cannot act on behalf of everyone but I do apologize because you came here for assistance with purchasing a vehicle and we all ended up pooping our pants. Hope whatever you purchase goes well.
      Last edited by Dartanyion; 01-30-2019 at 09:44 AM.
      PDJennings and Mass_Paul like this.
      Mods:
      NGK LZTR4A-11 5306 copper spark plugs gapped to .048
      MOPAR Cold Air Intake
      MOPAR Shift knob
      Deyeme ice blue CDV delete
      Deyeme Short shift arm
      Deyeme ice blue shift rod
      Deyeme ice blue Firm Rear Trans Mount
      Kenda Kaiser KR-20s (Front)
      Metal blue valve stem caps
      Chrome door handle covers

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Dartanyion View Post
      C'mon guys can we simmer this down? Or at least create a new thread on this matter?? This poor bastard who was looking to buy their dart probably ran screaming thinking we are all crazy by now..

Let's just agree to disagree here.
      #1 - We know the Dart has a lot of from the factory issues
      #2 - No need for anyone to bash anyone here (this includes what I have said as well)
      #3 - The 2.0L auto is by far the most reliable (in SE format). But in short, it's slow in stock form...
      #4 - The 2.4L does have oil consumption issues that are pretty quick to find out within the first 30k miles usually which has been linked in the past to mis-installation of cylinder 4. Either this is still happening to this day but CDJR doesn't care (wouldn't surprise me at this point), or they initially purchased/manufactured millions of them and they are all in a warehouse ready to be put in cars and CDJR doesn't feel like taking them all apart because it would affect their bottom line and expediency in manufacture. The 2.4L IS a great engine IF you know it doesn't have the oil consumption issues.. But then the 1.4L is also a great engine if it was put together properly :/
      #5 - To the O.P. I feel like all of us owes you an apology and I cannot act on behalf of everyone but I do apologize because you came here for assistance with purchasing a vehicle and we all ended up pooping our pants. Hope whatever you purchase goes well.
      I have nothing to apologize for. I gave a fair and accurate summary of my experience. Then there were calls for me to be banned. I do however agree that the OP must think people are crazy around here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      750 times
      Mentioned
      132 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      @ManofGod1000 and @Soopacharged If you hate your Darts so much, why do you bother visiting this site??? When your new rides kick you in the butt, which they will (Murphy's Law), come back then and tell us about it. Both of you have expressed your hate many times, get over it. Move on.
      McLabia likes this.
      -Case

16 Dart SXT 2.0 TorRed stock
      16 Dart SE 2.0 Laser Blue Pearl stock
      98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
      95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
      18 Ram 1500 3.6 4x4 Std Cab Delmonico Red stock

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport Blacktop
      Mods
      Pure sexiness
      Liked
      112 times
      Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by alpinegreenneon View Post
      @ManofGod1000 and @Soopacharged If you hate your Darts so much, why do you bother visiting this site??? When your new rides kick you in the butt, which they will (Murphy's Law), come back then and tell us about it. Both of you have expressed your hate many times, get over it. Move on.
      Exactly this. You don't see me hanging out on christian forums talking trash about how bad religion is. Yet you two sit here talking trash about A) a car that you apparently hate with a passion and B) a car you no longer own(in 1000's case). Why? You offer nothing of value to this site at this point. Even less to this forum other than to derail the poor mans thread. Yes, I called for a ban, because at this point you're bashing based off of your personal experience. You hated the dart? Awesome, move on with your life. Especially you 1000, you don't even own a dart at this point.

I do find this part funny though...
      "is is back to Darting and Lovin
      it!
      Vehicle
      Back to a 2015 Dart Rallye, All Black, 8.4 UConnect, 6 Speed Auto and 2.4l. It sounds great!"
      alpinegreenneon likes this.

2016 Billet Silver Dodge Dart
      GT Sport Blacktop Edition
      (1-1 Made)

Mods
      RRM Lightweight Pulley, Heartthrob Catback Exhaust, Deyeme Racing Rear Mount,
      Deyeme Racing CDV Delete, Mopar CAI and Sport Hood Ram Air intake, Novitec Sport Shifter,
      LED Reverse lights, 6k LED Simdevanma Fog Lights, Xenon Vision 5k HID kit
      AVS Window and Sunroof visors, 25% tint all the way around, 20% tint on tail lights,
      Rear Quarter Vinyls, Debadged

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      It's a Dart Forum. I own a Dart. A question was asked about a Dart. An answer was given. You'd prefer I said nothing? When you ask for an opinion do you want just the good ones? If you go on TripAdvisor, for example, you get all the reviews. From 1 star to 5. I'm so tired of you. If anyone should be banned it's you for creating a combative atmosphere. You're on being a cyber bully. I'm telling Melania.

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by McLabia View Post
      Exactly this. You don't see me hanging out on christian forums talking trash about how bad religion is. Yet you two sit here talking trash about A) a car that you apparently hate with a passion and B) a car you no longer own(in 1000's case). Why? You offer nothing of value to this site at this point. Even less to this forum other than to derail the poor mans thread. Yes, I called for a ban, because at this point you're bashing based off of your personal experience. You hated the dart? Awesome, move on with your life. Especially you 1000, you don't even own a dart at this point.

I do find this part funny though...
      "is is back to Darting and Lovin
      it!
      Vehicle
      Back to a 2015 Dart Rallye, All Black, 8.4 UConnect, 6 Speed Auto and 2.4l. It sounds great!"
      I'm not coming out of nowhere. I still own my Dart. If the OP asked for just the positives my answer would have been totally different. I really don't know why you care so much about what I said. Am I lying?

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport Blacktop
      Mods
      Pure sexiness
      Liked
      112 times
      Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Soopacharged View Post
      It's a Dart Forum. I own a Dart. A question was asked about a Dart. An answer was given. You'd prefer I said nothing? When you ask for an opinion do you want just the good ones? If you go on TripAdvisor, for example, you get all the reviews. From 1 star to 5. I'm so tired of you. If anyone should be banned it's you for creating a combative atmosphere. You're on being a cyber bully. I'm telling Melania.

But on tripadvisor, I don't read multiple copy pasted hate posts by the same idiot on multiple places...
      alpinegreenneon likes this.

2016 Billet Silver Dodge Dart
      GT Sport Blacktop Edition
      (1-1 Made)

Mods
      RRM Lightweight Pulley, Heartthrob Catback Exhaust, Deyeme Racing Rear Mount,
      Deyeme Racing CDV Delete, Mopar CAI and Sport Hood Ram Air intake, Novitec Sport Shifter,
      LED Reverse lights, 6k LED Simdevanma Fog Lights, Xenon Vision 5k HID kit
      AVS Window and Sunroof visors, 25% tint all the way around, 20% tint on tail lights,
      Rear Quarter Vinyls, Debadged

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by McLabia View Post
      But on tripadvisor, I don't read multiple copy pasted hate posts by the same idiot on multiple places...
      I put it 2 places? Are you a moderator? Is there a rule somewhere? The other place I posted the owner was having the exact same issues that Dodge can't seem to fix. I didn't feel like re-writing the extensive list again. I'll be sure to change it up next time. Don't be such an ass.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      750 times
      Mentioned
      132 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Copy/paste: @Soopacharged If you hate your Darts so much, why do you bother visiting this site???

You never answered the question. Move on please.
      McLabia likes this.
      -Case

16 Dart SXT 2.0 TorRed stock
      16 Dart SE 2.0 Laser Blue Pearl stock
      98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
      95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
      18 Ram 1500 3.6 4x4 Std Cab Delmonico Red stock

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Copy/paste: @Soopacharged If you hate your Darts so much, why do you bother visiting this site???

You never answered the question. Move on please.
      I joined when I bought my Dart. Something I do for every car I've owned. I received a notification from the forum so, as I always do, I checked it. If I can contribute I do. If not I don't. Just the other day someone asked about locating the interior fuse box so I put up a YouTube link to help out. The OP asked for an opinion and I gave it. I assumed that would be the end of it. But then you popped up out of nowhere talking your nonsense. Hopefully I've satisfied your obsession with me.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links