Looking to purchase 2013 1.4 turbo Dart. Help! - Page 2
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Looking to purchase 2013 1.4 turbo Dart. Help!

This is a discussion on Looking to purchase 2013 1.4 turbo Dart. Help! within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; I did a lot of reading before buying a Dart. I joined the forum in Feb of 2013 and didn't buy one until May of ...

User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Looking to purchase 2013 1.4 turbo Dart. Help!

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      762 times
      Mentioned
      133 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I did a lot of reading before buying a Dart. I joined the forum in Feb of 2013 and didn't buy one until May of 2016. I knew about the problems and I also saw what was reliable and based my purchase on that research. I am my own mechanic, always have been. I get the factory service manual for any vehicle i own. I only started posting here and sharing my knowledge once I owned a Dart. Almost anything can be fixed if you know what's actually wrong. Dealer techs have to know about every vehicle they service and that could be a daunting task. I only have to know about the Dart while I own the Darts. In the combined 60k miles of my Darts, all I have done is oil changes. If you search my posts, you will see that I have helped a lot of folks figure out their problems. It bothers me that you only want to badmouth the Dart because you had a bad experience and only relied on a dealer.

That said, I would suggest the OP ignore your bad opinion and do some reading. There are a lot of folks who have had very good experience with their Darts.
      Dartanyion, Swordsage and McLabia like this.
      -Case

16 Dart SXT 2.0 TorRed stock
      16 Dart SE 2.0 Laser Blue Pearl stock
      98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
      95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
      18 Ram 1500 3.6 4x4 Std Cab Delmonico Red stock

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT 1.4L
      Liked
      60 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Dartanyion View Post
      For the honest opinion? It very much depends!

The 2013 Dart Aero (not the SXT, that is a 2.4L) uses the 1.4L Multiair Turbo engine, which is an interesting beast....

The DDCT found in the Aero has had issues in the past. Droning, clutch issues, valve body issues, programming issues.. But I believe (?) this was fixed?
      The standard automatic found in the rest of the Dart line is the most no nonsense, most dependable system and you can still have fun with it.

I hope I helped you out a little
      In 2013, the Dodge Dart SXT did have the option of the 1.4 turbo and DDCT - I own a 2013 Dodge Dart SXT with this configuration.

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Dartanyion View Post
      There's a difference between saying 'I personally did NOT have a good experience with mine, however others have and it's hit or miss so do your homework' and what you are doing. Your spouting hate on the Dart and not giving a good opinion. The Fiero was worse. Do you go on Fiero forums and say the same things? And have you ever thought to yourself that maybe YOU got a lemon but not everyone else did? Even by a long shot? And you said you got it fixed so... Is it still giving you that much trouble? Also... Something to be said for someone who 'got assaulted' trying to get their warranty repairs at a dealership... Just sayin' And how do YOU get assaulted yet the cops are called on You? This isn't an episode of cops dude. We don't have time for this.
      What is wrong with you guys? I gave my experience with my Dart. I'm not sure what else I was supposed to say. I guess it is hit or miss and I missed big time. I have a stack of service documents. My 1993 Camry that I sold about 5 years ago has zero issues. I only sold it because the body was rusty. I don't get your Fiero reference. I never owned one. I have driven one though. If you had my Dart you'd hate it too. Are we going to pretend that there aren't common problems with the car? I've had my Uconnect fail many times. It's been changed and I still have the same problems. I didn't we know that we could only say positive things. Here's a positive. I love the Alpine sound system. That was a nice surprise. I like the LED taillights. I like the red illumination around the guage cluster.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      so you're saying that the Dart SXT doesn't have the 1.4 turbo but only the 2.4? Because the one I'm looking at is listed as a 2013 Dodge Dart SXT 1.4 turbo. It has both the SXT badge and the turbo badge on the trunk. I'm a little confused as to what exactly it is lol.

it won't let me post a link because I only have 2 posts otherwise I would post a link of the Dart on craigslist lol

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeboi (Gearhead HQ) View Post
      Hi, I'm a new member here and a prospective Dart owner. I'm looking at purchasing a 2013 Dodge Dart 1.4 turbo SXT. I was surprised to find a 2013 vehicle for so cheap (asking $4500 although it does have 121k miles). I have driven a Turbo Dart before and actually quite liked the turbo sound, and the clutch felt really good in it. My question to you, the owners and experts of Darts, what is your opinion of your Dart? I want to hear everything. The good, the bad, and the ugly lol. Are they reliable? Has it cost a lot to maintain? Any common issues or major breakdowns? What annoys you most about your Dart? What do you enjoy most about your Dart? Are they a good vehicle for an enthusiast or are they boring? I appreciate any information you can give. Thanks in advance!
      You asked for opinions, I gave you mine. Do with it what you will. For those trying to silence me, I've been a part of many forums for about 20 years and I've never experienced what I have here today. It's my opinion of my Dart. What is wrong with bringing it to the dealer for servicing if it's under warranty?? Why would I go private and pay for repairs? So much in this thread makes no sense.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      762 times
      Mentioned
      133 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      It might be worth the money to get a CarFax on this car. Buying a used car can be a risk. But if you are mechanically inclined, almost any car can be a good deal. I bought 4 used Neons in the last 20 years and there was nothing I couldn't fix. One was ready for the junkyard and I turned it into an award winning show car.

My NYG ACR Before:
      Name:  NYGACR.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  71.0 KB

After:
      Name:  NYGtrunkkits1.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  176.0 KB

I copied this a while back from another thread:

For the 2013 model year, the Dodge Dart ...

SE was available with:
      2.0L Tigershark™ engine / FPT C635 6-speed Manual transmission
      2.0L Tigershark™ engine / Hyundai 6F24 6sp Powertech Automatic transmission (with AutoStick® feature)

SE-AERO was available with:
      1.4L MultiAir® Turbo engine / 6sp Manual transmission
      1.4L MultiAir® Turbo engine / FPT C635 6sp Dual Dry Clutch Transmission (with AutoStick® feature)

SXT, SXT-RALLYE, SXT-SpecialEdition were available with:
      2.0L Tigershark™ engine / 6sp Manual transmission
      2.0L Tigershark™ engine / 6sp Powertech Automatic transmission (with AutoStick® feature)
      1.4L MultiAir® Turbo engine / 6sp DDCT (with AutoStick® feature)

LIMITED & LIMITED-SpecialEdition were available with:
      2.0L Tigershark™ engine / 6sp Manual transmission
      2.0L Tigershark™ engine / 6sp Powertech Automatic transmission (with AutoStick® feature)
      1.4L MultiAir® Turbo engine / 6sp DDCT (with AutoStick® feature)

MOPAR '13 was only available with:

GT was available with:
      2.4L Tigershark™ MultiAir II® engine / 6sp Manual transmission
      2.4L Tigershark™ MultiAir II® engine / 6sp Powertech Automatic transmission (with AutoStick® feature)
      Dartanyion and McLabia like this.
      -Case

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Manual Blue Streak Pearl Coat
      Mods
      See signature
      Liked
      160 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Soopacharged View Post
      You asked for opinions, I gave you mine. Do with it what you will. For those trying to silence me, I've been a part of many forums for about 20 years and I've never experienced what I have here today. It's my opinion of my Dart. What is wrong with bringing it to the dealer for servicing if it's under warranty?? Why would I go private and pay for repairs? So much in this thread makes no sense.

Look dude, we are not trying to silence you, nor are we at all saying you can't say anything negative about the Dart. It's just that the way you came at it was like 'It's a Dart don't buy it!!!'. I get you had a lot of issues, and yeah dealers suck. That's no secret. But not all Darts are the same and I feel you are trying to discourage someone from buying a Dart all together when in reality there are a lot of great Darts out there with zero issues. I don't like Dodge at all except for the Challenger and the Dart. This is the first Dodge I have owned and don't think it wasn't without hesitation to purchase it but there are so many people on here that have had great experiences with them that I feel you are unfortunately one of the unlucky few that didn't have a great experience with it. But the fact is any car from any dealership can have massive issues. I used to work for a Ford dealership back in 05'/06' and for a Mazda/VW dealer back in 02'/03'. What I can tell you is regardless of the car, there can be issues. I have seen brand new vehicles roll off a truck only to find that the first time a customer took the car for a test drive, it threw a rod.. Or blew a head gasket.. or any number of weird crap.

I used to own a 95' Chevy Cavalier Z24. Absolutely hated the car. I purchased it from a guy I sold parts to on a daily basis and he seemed like a straight up guy. Supposedly the car came from a nice couple who was having a baby soon and needed an SUV... I was pouring money into it from the day I bought it until about 2 years later. First thing was a wheel bearing. Then the drivers side window motor. Then after i had it for about 3 months... The engine started knocking. I couldn't replace it myself so had to pay someone to put a new one in. That was $2700.. And it just kept going.. The other window motor went out. After replacing both twice, I gave up.. I replaced the AC compressor 3 times in the damn thing. And being in the south in mid-august in traffic with windows that wont roll down and no AC SUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKSSS... Thank god the damn sunroof worked fine or else I would have passed out or got sick in traffic! But after that, I drove it another two years and it all worked perfectly fine. A lot of people didn't have problems with it. I got a crappy car. But I would never actively discourage anyone from buying one.
      Last edited by Dartanyion; 01-16-2019 at 02:38 PM.
      Mods:
      NGK LZTR4A-11 5306 copper spark plugs gapped to .048
      MOPAR Cold Air Intake
      MOPAR Shift knob
      Deyeme ice blue CDV delete
      Deyeme Short shift arm
      Deyeme ice blue shift rod
      Deyeme ice blue Firm Rear Trans Mount
      Kenda Kaiser KR-20s (Front)
      Metal blue valve stem caps
      Chrome door handle covers

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      There's many cars that have had many problems over the last 15 or so years. I've owned several that were great in my experience, yet, you would read otherwise online. Cases in point: 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer . Great overall. 2008 Chevy Cobalt. Great overall. Even a 2011 Chevy Cruze without the turbo engine. Very good with no problems. All of these cars would now come with a "stay away" warning for reasons that I never had.
      My Dart 2013 SXT 1.4Turbo manual without the display screen also had no problems until I traded at around 22K miles. It was a genuinely fun car . No problems except for the usual "updates" and one module. No more reason to stay away from a Dart than any of the other trouble stories on many cars. Including my Avenger. If I would have read about the average Avenger owner experience I would have passed on it. For me, it also is a great,reliable car. Today, the average owner would tell you to buy a new Honda Civic because of their history. Yet, the internet is filled with Civic new generation problems like you wouldn't believe.
      But for what you can buy a used Dart for these days, I'd say that they are worth it. But personally, I wouldn't buy any brand / model that has over 100K on it. And, I don't have much confidence in a Carfax report when you're up in the high miles. Too easy to have certain events purged from records or never put on record.
      Dartanyion and Swordsage like this.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      762 times
      Mentioned
      133 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      @Soopacharged , in two days, you posted exactly the same reply to two new members. That's what I find objectionable. No one said you should go to a private mechanic. If your dealer could not get it right and it's still under warranty, go to another dealer. If that doesn't help, sell the car and buy something else. Any car can have mechanical or electrical issues. In my opinion, anything can be fixed. Why stay on a forum for a car you hate?
      Like I said, I never go to a dealer for anything (except parts) even if it is a warranty thing. I even did my own recall for the windshield wiper washer motor. If the OP wants to take a chance because he is mechanically inclined and found a good deal, more power to him.
      McLabia likes this.
      -Case

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      ah okay. Yes I am somewhat mechanically inclined and my father has been a master Chrysler tech for longer than I've been alive lol. So I asked him what he thought of the Dart and he said he's only worked on a few and since people only bring them to him when they have issues he couldn't tell me for sure whether one would be reliable or not. He said in all his years he's only worked on a handful so that's why I'm out here researching them. I understand every car has issues and sometimes some will be more problematic then others. I just want to know if the Dart is deserving of the bad rep it's received.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links