2013 Dodge Dart Rallye scraping
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye scraping

    This is a discussion on 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye scraping within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Hey guys as title says my Girls Dodge Dart under body is scrapping bad in some spots around town. She does all she can to ...

    User Tag List

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 15
    Like Tree1Likes

    Thread: 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye scraping

    1. #1
      Newb
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Posts
      4
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye scraping

      Hey guys as title says my
      Girls Dodge Dart under body is scrapping bad in some spots around town. She does all she can to avoid or find the right angle to pull into the driveway which she usually gets 90% of the time. However today she hit a pretty decent size pot hole that she did not see and the under body I guess shield? Is mangled. I found a part online just not sure if this is the correct one. Can someone confirm with me on the part or should I look into possibly getting the car raised?
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    2. #2
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Location
      Holladay, UT
      Posts
      782
      Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT 1.4L
      Liked
      60 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I believe Deyeme Racing offers an aftermarket closeout panel and belly pan for a fair price that includes all mounting hardwear - they state it is sturdier and has a higher ground clearance than the OEM ones. Has anyone purchased this and want to comment on it?

    3. #3
      Newb
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Posts
      4
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by PBMTMD View Post
      I believe Deyeme Racing offers an aftermarket closeout panel and belly pan for a fair price that includes all mounting hardwear - they state it is sturdier and has a higher ground clearance than the OEM ones. Has anyone purchased this and want to comment on it?
      Hey, thanks so much found the part. I posted it as a attachment if anyone else was interested. Before I purchased the part, do you think lifting the car is possible a few inches? If so what would be the ball park estimate for that if you know.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements
       

    5. #4
      Supporting Member
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      jsblanch's Avatar
      Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Mississauga, ON
      Posts
      5,980
      Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3871 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Casey516 View Post
      Hey, thanks so much found the part. I posted it as a attachment if anyone else was interested. Before I purchased the part, do you think lifting the car is possible a few inches? If so what would be the ball park estimate for that if you know.
      There are very limited suspension options available for the Dart, and I don't think there is anything out there available that will increase ground clearance over stock besides perhaps converting to an airbag suspension system (ie. "bagging" it) that can be adjusted to higher than stock.

    6. #5
      Newb
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Posts
      4
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

      There are very limited suspension options available for the Dart, and I don't think there is anything out there available that will increase ground clearance over stock besides perhaps converting to an airbag suspension system (ie. "bagging" it) that can be adjusted to higher than stock.
      Yeah, after that option given I am just gonna go with ordering the part and leaving it stock haha. Thanks guys so much you were all a huge help.

    7. #6
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      CanadianGuitar's Avatar
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Location
      California, Bay Area
      Posts
      600
      Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT 1.4L Turbo 6 Speed, Blue Streak
      Mods
      See signature, I apparently have too many for this little box
      Liked
      173 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      The Dart already rides fairly high - if you/she is having trouble scrapping, I'd get your suspension looked at. Struts might be bad
      Since I've done too much to fit in this signature, check out my list of modifications here: https://i.imgur.com/8dj5UJG.png

    8. #7
      Newb
      Rep
       
      Kapurnicus's Avatar
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Location
      Louisville, KY
      Posts
      13
      Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SE - 6 speed Manual - 2.0L
      Liked
      2 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Thread hijack. What does the belly pan really do? Someone cut mine out before I bought the car but I wasn’t overly concerned. This is the first car I’ve had that has had one, but also the first car I’ve had made after 1999.

    9. #8
      Newb
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Posts
      4
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by CanadianGuitar View Post
      The Dart already rides fairly high - if you/she is having trouble scrapping, I'd get your suspension looked at. Struts might be bad
      Even typing into google Dodge Dart rallye scrapping numerous threads come up over this issue. However, no post has the part to replace just what people "made custom". Thank you for your insight or advice but I feel like the dart or atleast the rallye is lower than normal, possibly? Before we bought It I took it to my local mechanic (10+ year relationship) he looked over everything for over an hour and gave it two thumbs up. We have had it now a year and get it routinely checked/worked on(oil etc) so it's not a suspension issue. We didn't expect or think at the time of purchase of how low the ride is. We live in New Jersey which the roads here are horrible. We look like we're drunk driving out here trying to avoid pot holes and dips in the road. I drive a truck she wants it but not right now maybe in the future. I just figured this would be a "diy" swap out project for an hour under the tree shade.

    10. #9
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      CanadianGuitar's Avatar
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Location
      California, Bay Area
      Posts
      600
      Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT 1.4L Turbo 6 Speed, Blue Streak
      Mods
      See signature, I apparently have too many for this little box
      Liked
      173 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Kapurnicus View Post
      Thread hijack. What does the belly pan really do? Someone cut mine out before I bought the car but I wasn’t overly concerned. This is the first car I’ve had that has had one, but also the first car I’ve had made after 1999.
      Just for aerodynamics, keeps the MPG up a little bit.
      Kapurnicus likes this.
      Since I've done too much to fit in this signature, check out my list of modifications here: https://i.imgur.com/8dj5UJG.png

    11. #10
      Supporting Member
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      jsblanch's Avatar
      Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Mississauga, ON
      Posts
      5,980
      Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3871 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Casey516 View Post
      Even typing into google Dodge Dart rallye scrapping numerous threads come up over this issue. However, no post has the part to replace just what people "made custom". Thank you for your insight or advice but I feel like the dart or atleast the rallye is lower than normal, possibly? Before we bought It I took it to my local mechanic (10+ year relationship) he looked over everything for over an hour and gave it two thumbs up. We have had it now a year and get it routinely checked/worked on(oil etc) so it's not a suspension issue. We didn't expect or think at the time of purchase of how low the ride is. We live in New Jersey which the roads here are horrible. We look like we're drunk driving out here trying to avoid pot holes and dips in the road. I drive a truck she wants it but not right now maybe in the future. I just figured this would be a "diy" swap out project for an hour under the tree shade.
      You could just remove the aero panel. That will likely solve most of your ground clearance issues.

     

     
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Sound Clip: 2013 Dodge Dart 1.4L Turbo Rallye Exhaust Note
      By cereal killer in forum Dodge Dart News & Site News
      Replies: 34
      Last Post: 01-08-2013, 04:05 AM
    2. Ice scraping
      By SK-Rider in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 10-11-2012, 05:18 AM
    3. First Look: 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye with Black/Ruby Red Interior
      By cereal killer in forum Dodge Dart News & Site News
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: 08-19-2012, 08:45 AM
    4. Dodge-Dart.Org Test Drives the 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
      By cereal killer in forum Dodge Dart News & Site News
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 06-21-2012, 04:09 PM
    5. Dodge-Dart.Org Test Drives the 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
      By cereal killer in forum Dodge Dart Gallery
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 06-20-2012, 03:24 PM