Dodge Dart Forum banner

175,000 miles

20K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  57ChryslerDart 
#1 ·
Meant to share this last week on monday when it happened, but got totally sidetracked. Rolled 175,000 miles. Not sure where @wantsum? is at now. I know you were ahead of me not too long ago.

Speedometer Auto part Technology Vehicle Font

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
@m88s22 -

Congrats on the milestone!

You and @wantsum? are way ahead of me (i.e., I'll be breaking the 150,000 mile milestone this weekend).

... and before you ask ... YES, I already changed my timing belt :D ... I was going to do it myself, but didn't want to chance voiding my "Chrysler Maximum Care Lifetime Warranty", so I had my local CJDR dealership perform the work.

They replaced the:

• timing belt (MOPAR part #: 4893467AA)
  • belt tensioner (MOPAR part #: 892695AC)
  • serpentine belt (MOPAR part #: 4627697AA)
  • water pump (MOPAR part #: 4892713AC)
  • turbo water return hose/tube (MOPAR part #: 4893037AD)

... and used an aerosol "parts cleaner" (MOPAR part #: 68065197AC) ... for a grand total of $1556.57 [parts: $463.68; tax: $42.89; labor: $1050.00].

Reactions: longtimemopar
This post has been deleted
#14 · (Edited)
Meant to share this last week on monday when it happened, but got totally sidetracked. Rolled 175,000 miles. Not sure where @wantsum? is at now. I know you were ahead of me not too long ago.

View attachment 104369

I don't frequent the forum much. I'm at 182k and change as of today. be over 183k by Friday.
For those wondering I have a SE with the 2L and a manual trans. I honestly run the living snot out of the car all the time. It got 2000 miles put on it at Tail of the dragon and surrounding roads this summer. Enough to turn all 4 rotors purple. so its not babied.

Oil changes every 5k. Plugs every 50k.Trans fluid every 100k. I'll be changing the coolant at 200k.

all that's been done outside of maintenance.... 1 front and 1 rear wheel bearing. both front control arms ( ball joint failures ). It will be needing its 3rd set of brakes very soon. just went back to new OEM suspension and wheels from BC's and 18's

I have however started running into issues with it. I've got a 2nd gear noise in the trans. clutch is tired. clutch pedal return spring broke 10k(?) ago and I've been running with out it. Everything rattles. everything.

however, engine neither leaks or burns a drop of oil and runs quiet. Its been a fantastic car, driven very hard, and never left me stranded. When I have a major failure ( I'm thinking trans ) I wont be fixing it. ill be moving on. while its been a great car, its probably the least favorite car I've ever owned.

#15 ·
I don't frequent the forum much. I'm at 182k and change as of today. be over 183k by Friday.
For those wondering I have a SE with the 2L and a manual trans. I honestly run the living snot out of the car all the time. It got 2000 miles put on it at Tail of the dragon and surrounding roads this summer. Enough to turn all 4 rotors purple. so its not babied.

Oil changes every 5k. Plugs every 50k.Trans fluid every 100k. I'll be changing the coolant at 200k.

all that's been done outside of maintenance.... 1 front and 1 rear wheel bearing. both front control arms ( ball joint failures ). It will be needing its 3rd set of brakes very soon. just went back to new OEM suspension and wheels from BC's and 18's

I have however started running into issues with it. I've got a 2nd gear noise in the trans. clutch is tired. clutch peddle return spring broke 10k(?) ago and I've been running with out it. Everything rattles. everything.

however, engine neither leaks or burns a drop of oil and runs quiet. Its been a fantastic car, driven very hard, and never left me stranded. When I have a major failure ( I'm thinking trans ) I wont be fixing it. ill be moving on. while its been a great car, its probably the least favorite car I've ever owned.
How's driving without the clutch return spring? Do you have to help the pedal back up?

#16 ·
the hydraulic pressure returns the pedal fine. over night the peddle will fall about half way. I just pull it up with my foot once and its good to go. I would replace it, but its nearly impossible to get anything short of toddler hands into that area. until it becomes an issue it will continue to be missing!

#20 ·
I have a 16 2.0l 6 speed MT with 67,000 on the ticker. I live in Las Vegas, here there is a traffic light every 50 ft. lol. Stop and go is an understatement when it comes to the amount of abuse the car takes. Im still on the original clutch and brakes, but there is a vibration in my pedal so new rotors and pads are probably coming in the near future. As far as the clutch goes i do a lot of spirited driving and the clutch isn't slipping, but doesn't have the same grabbing power as my car did when it was brand new. I've been interested in the CDV kit but i assumed you couldn't really reach it without pulling the trans.

#21 ·
You don't need to pull the trans to install the CDV and you should have done it a long time ago. You are probably not far from needing to replace the clutch because you haven't installed the CDV.

Reactions: SylenThunder
#23 ·
I'm at 92k last I checked and replaced my clutch at probably around 80k. Did the CDV at around 75k, wish I would have done it sooner....
I think the beginning of this thread is pretty good proof that CDV may not cause clutch failure ALL the time. What, 3 members on here over 150k on the OEM clutch and no CDV. Now there is a lot of evidence that there are members with early failure, so it probably is correlated. Just have to factor in driving styles. I spend 90% of my driving on the highway. Users that do more city driving, and clutch work, will probably be those seeing failure early. To rack up over 100k, and actually over 200k, you have to be a long commute driver. I know the 13s have been out for a while now, but between my first dart, my current dart, and my new winter vehicle (and all the rentals in between), I think I am just around 90k. I have a decent commute for work, and used to commute a lot for friends. So it makes sense that the high milers have not seen this, as they probably spend most of those miles on the highway.

I do want to add to this thread though, there is someone on FB, and he has over 200k I believe. He said that he has been to every drivable state in the US in his dart. It's a 1.4 manual I think

#22 ·
I'm at 92k last I checked and replaced my clutch at probably around 80k. Did the CDV at around 75k, wish I would have done it sooner....

#24 ·
I have a 2.4 Dart Limited I purchased new, no major issues, just routine maintenance, oil change at 5k and done the transmission drain and fill at 120k . I do mainly highway due to a long commute,

I currently have 192,000 miles - I have the 6 speed automatic.

only drawback now is my trade in value stinks - dealer offered me 1,500 and it's still in great shape, so will keep it for my oldest daughter who will be driving in a year. can't get a car that's not hunk of rust for that price.

#29 ·
Well after a nice long trip I’m at 239,456 and no joke, everything on this car is 100% OE. Regular maintenance, new tires, new fluids, same trans OE, same 2.4 tiger shark automatic! There’s not 1 scratch and interior is like new! The engine is quiet and no major upgrades. People can’t believe it has these many miles!!

#30 ·
Well after a nice long trip I’m at 239,456 and no joke, everything on this car is 100% OE. Regular maintenance, new tires, new fluids, same trans OE, same 2.4 tiger shark automatic! There’s not 1 scratch and interior is like new! The engine is quiet and no major upgrades. People can’t believe it has these many miles!!
I forgot too mention it’s a 2016 sxt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.