175,000 miles - Page 2
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

    175,000 miles

    This is a discussion on 175,000 miles within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Great info being shared...

    User Tag List

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 24
    Like Tree20Likes

    Thread: 175,000 miles

    1. #11
      Supporting Member
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      longtimemopar's Avatar
      Supporting Member
      is thinking: I may not be a brian
      surgeon, but at least I don't
      make careless mistakes
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Palm Coast, FL
      Posts
      2,199
      Vehicle
      2013 Dart , Bright Silver, 1.4 turbo, Dual Dry Clutch
      Mods
      K & N drop in filter
      Liked
      732 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      61 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Great info being shared
      using WD 40 for cologne

    2. #12
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      187Flatliner's Avatar
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Location
      Salem OR
      Posts
      240
      Vehicle
      2016 Dart 1.4l T
      Mods
      On going
      Liked
      66 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      its been known to cause clutch failure but if your still on your original clutch, i guess the biggest diff is your commute is long highway driving so you dont shift as much as a in town daily driver. Same for the brakes.
      longtimemopar and dad's dart like this.

    3. #13
      Car Chief
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      57ChryslerDart's Avatar
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      Bay Area, California
      Posts
      4,312
      Vehicle
      '13 Dart LIMITED (1.4L MultiAir Turbo with 6-speed manual)
      Liked
      2017 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      224 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by m88s22 View Post
      ... Still original clutch. And brakes. ...
      Me too! ... Still the original clutch disc, pressure plate, & clutch slave cylinder/release bearing (though my clutch master cylinder was replaced under warranty @ ~61K miles) ... and still the original brake pads (though my front & rear rotors were replaced @ ~78K).
      longtimemopar likes this.
      57ChryslerDart

      2013 DODGE DART LIMITED


      • Bright Silver Metallic
      • Black Nappa Leather seats
      • 1.4L I-4 16V MultiAir® Intercooled Turbo engine
      • 6-speed C635 Manual Transmission
      • 17" x 7½" Aluminum Polished Wheels
      • Power Express Open / Close Sunroof
      • Premium Group
      • Uconnect® 8.4N AM/FM/NAV with SiriusXM
      • HID Headlamps
      • LED 'Racetrack' Taillamps
      • Visual Garage Shark Fin antenna



      Ordered: 21-JUL-2012
      Took Delivery: 24-AUG-2012


      Currently over 195,000 miles on the odometer!

    4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements
       

    5. #14
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      1,452
      Liked
      490 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      65 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by m88s22 View Post
      Meant to share this last week on monday when it happened, but got totally sidetracked. Rolled 175,000 miles. Not sure where @wantsum? is at now. I know you were ahead of me not too long ago.

      Attachment 104369


      I don't frequent the forum much. I'm at 182k and change as of today. be over 183k by Friday.
      For those wondering I have a SE with the 2L and a manual trans. I honestly run the living snot out of the car all the time. It got 2000 miles put on it at Tail of the dragon and surrounding roads this summer. Enough to turn all 4 rotors purple. so its not babied.

      Oil changes every 5k. Plugs every 50k.Trans fluid every 100k. I'll be changing the coolant at 200k.

      all that's been done outside of maintenance.... 1 front and 1 rear wheel bearing. both front control arms ( ball joint failures ). It will be needing its 3rd set of brakes very soon. just went back to new OEM suspension and wheels from BC's and 18's

      I have however started running into issues with it. I've got a 2nd gear noise in the trans. clutch is tired. clutch pedal return spring broke 10k(?) ago and I've been running with out it. Everything rattles. everything.

      however, engine neither leaks or burns a drop of oil and runs quiet. Its been a fantastic car, driven very hard, and never left me stranded. When I have a major failure ( I'm thinking trans ) I wont be fixing it. ill be moving on. while its been a great car, its probably the least favorite car I've ever owned.
      Last edited by wantsum?; 12-05-2017 at 08:50 AM.
      youngsmith53 likes this.

    6. #15
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      384
      Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT
      Liked
      30 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by wantsum? View Post
      I don't frequent the forum much. I'm at 182k and change as of today. be over 183k by Friday.
      For those wondering I have a SE with the 2L and a manual trans. I honestly run the living snot out of the car all the time. It got 2000 miles put on it at Tail of the dragon and surrounding roads this summer. Enough to turn all 4 rotors purple. so its not babied.

      Oil changes every 5k. Plugs every 50k.Trans fluid every 100k. I'll be changing the coolant at 200k.

      all that's been done outside of maintenance.... 1 front and 1 rear wheel bearing. both front control arms ( ball joint failures ). It will be needing its 3rd set of brakes very soon. just went back to new OEM suspension and wheels from BC's and 18's

      I have however started running into issues with it. I've got a 2nd gear noise in the trans. clutch is tired. clutch peddle return spring broke 10k(?) ago and I've been running with out it. Everything rattles. everything.

      however, engine neither leaks or burns a drop of oil and runs quiet. Its been a fantastic car, driven very hard, and never left me stranded. When I have a major failure ( I'm thinking trans ) I wont be fixing it. ill be moving on. while its been a great car, its probably the least favorite car I've ever owned.
      How's driving without the clutch return spring? Do you have to help the pedal back up?

    7. #16
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      1,452
      Liked
      490 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      65 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by MattyMopar View Post
      How's driving without the clutch return spring? Do you have to help the pedal back up?
      the hydraulic pressure returns the pedal fine. over night the peddle will fall about half way. I just pull it up with my foot once and its good to go. I would replace it, but its nearly impossible to get anything short of toddler hands into that area. until it becomes an issue it will continue to be missing!
      MattyMopar likes this.

    8. #17
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      Mass_Paul's Avatar
      is 04-03-2019: Installed Genuine
      Mopar Pedal Kit Manual Part
      Number: 82214197
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Worcester County, Massachusetts
      Posts
      1,113
      Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT (Pitch Black)
      Mods
      RRM Lightweight Pulley*Injen CAI*MPx Bored Throttle Body*CDV Delete*Flex Rear Mount
      Liked
      348 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      20 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by wantsum? View Post
      the hydraulic pressure returns the pedal fine. over night the peddle will fall about half way. I just pull it up with my foot once and its good to go. I would replace it, but its nearly impossible to get anything short of toddler hands into that area. until it becomes an issue it will continue to be missing!
      It ain't broken, until it's broken...

    9. #18
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      1,791
      Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Auto Bright White
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1133 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      So what's the record for the 2.4 then?

    10. #19
      Crew Chief
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      dad's dart's Avatar
      is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.
       

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Here
      Posts
      8,460
      Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by 187Flatliner View Post
      its been known to cause clutch failure but if your still on your original clutch, i guess the biggest diff is your commute is long highway driving so you dont shift as much as a in town daily driver. Same for the brakes.
      Constant stop and go will always separate the 20K clutch from the 100K plus clutch.
      longtimemopar likes this.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

    11. #20
      Newb
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Posts
      9
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I have a 16 2.0l 6 speed MT with 67,000 on the ticker. I live in Las Vegas, here there is a traffic light every 50 ft. lol. Stop and go is an understatement when it comes to the amount of abuse the car takes. Im still on the original clutch and brakes, but there is a vibration in my pedal so new rotors and pads are probably coming in the near future. As far as the clutch goes i do a lot of spirited driving and the clutch isn't slipping, but doesn't have the same grabbing power as my car did when it was brand new. I've been interested in the CDV kit but i assumed you couldn't really reach it without pulling the trans.

     

     
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Similar Threads

    1. 36,000 Miles
      By ryanhulce in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 02-19-2015, 01:35 PM
    2. 70,000 miles
      By m88s22 in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 08-18-2014, 12:09 AM
    3. 60,000 miles
      By m88s22 in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 04-08-2014, 07:37 PM
    4. 40,000 miles
      By m88s22 in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: 01-27-2014, 06:40 PM
    5. 30,000 miles
      By m88s22 in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: 07-06-2013, 01:37 AM