Dodge Dart Forum banner

SAE 5W-40 synthetic engine oil

12K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  PBMTMD 
#1 ·
I know that the 1.4 uses SAE 5W-40 synthetic engine oil. but does any one know what brand dodge uses ?

still waiting for my rallye with 1.4 DDCT w/race track lighting ordered 7/19:eek:

#5 ·
Yes, Chrysler now uses Pennzoil. They used to use Mobil 1.

#6 · (Edited)
FWIW, when my son was the service manager at the local dodge dealer he used to buy lubricants in bulk from a local distributor, it was not always the same brand They only kept Mopar branded oil for walk ins to the parts department.

Dealerships have no obligation to buy a specific brand as long as it meets specs.

#7 ·
I believe if they were to service SRT vehicles they had to carry Mobil 1 Synthetic (and now Pennzoil Synthetic). For regular vehicle, sure whatever is cheapest for them.

#8 · (Edited)
Searching around for oil deals over the past few days, I came across an oil I've not seen nor heard of before: CAM2 Elite Blue Blood Euro 5w40. It seems to run about the same cost as other brands, with 6 quarts going for anyhwere from $40-$60 depending on the site.

According to their site, it meets ACEA A3/B4-12, BMW Longlife-01, MB P229.5, VW 501.01, VW 502.00/505.00, Porsche A40 and is suitable for use in Opel GM-LL B-025 and Renault 0700, 0710. It meets or exceeds API SN service classification.

Has anyone used this oil or have any opinions on it?

#12 ·
That seems to be the common response reading through the forums. Since it gets mostly positive reviews and I can get 12 quarts and 3 Wix oil filters for less than $120 (less than $40/oil change) through Summit Racing, I think I'm going to go with the Royal Purple for now.

I was never a conformist. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.