Production to Cease This Month... - Page 3
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Production to Cease This Month...

This is a discussion on Production to Cease This Month... within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Worry NOT ! The more things change, the more they stay a pain ! Or, as they say, History regurgitates itself. Welcome to "ReBadging Revisited ...

User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Production to Cease This Month...

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2679 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Worry NOT ! The more things change, the more they stay a pain ! Or, as they say, History regurgitates itself.
      Welcome to "ReBadging Revisited 2018?"
      Sergio sezz: "If THEY build it, buyers will come......"
      Boardroom Meeting:
      (Chinese accented crony ) : "Sooo aaah.., whaat-aah youuu-aah theennk-aah , Mr. Serio - aah?"
      (Serio/FCA cronies all at once) : "GREAT !" "We'll take 500,000 in Red for the initial release as the Dart II !" . But, MAKE THEM AUTOMATICS !!!!!!

Dart II for 2019 (cue up the really great tv commercial with a bunch of Millennials playing Darts at the local Tavern , eating Vegan snacks and drinking small batch craft beers)

Name:  new dart.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  98.8 KBName:  newdart2.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  92.1 KBName:  newdart3.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  15.5 KB

Views: 238
Size:  40.1 KB

Name:  dartad4.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  116.1 KB
      Last edited by dad's dart; 09-14-2016 at 03:48 AM.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart Blacktop SXT 2.4L Tigershark
      Mods
      None yet but I want to learn
      Liked
      68 times
      Mentioned
      11 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      quick write up.

The Dodge Dart: Fiat's Final Ace That Failed To Deliver Expectations : Auto News : Auto World News

- This was the car that FCA were required to make as part of their bankruptcy bail out agreement. They fulfilled that promise and then stopped production. Total production time was 4 years and 4 months in total.
      - It was supposed to have had a 9 speed automatic but they dropped that idea.

So thats that folks. As you sit in your Dart and drive to work, you can be reminded that you are sitting on the fruit of what the US tax payer bailed out Chrysler for.
      Delta Dart likes this.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3879 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by douglasgrant View Post
      quick write up.

The Dodge Dart: Fiat's Final Ace That Failed To Deliver Expectations : Auto News : Auto World News

- This was the car that FCA were required to make as part of their bankruptcy bail out agreement. They fulfilled that promise and then stopped production. Total production time was 4 years and 4 months in total.
      - It was supposed to have had a 9 speed automatic but they dropped that idea.

So thats that folks. As you sit in your Dart and drive to work, you can be reminded that you are sitting on the fruit of what the US tax payer bailed out Chrysler for.
      That article has almost illegible grammar and is a mere regurgitation of well-known facts. The 9-speed was never supposed to be in the Dart from the beginning. I think it was originally supposed to make its appearance in the 2013 GT, but a lot of things changed for the Dart between early 2012 and when the Dart GT hit show rooms very late in the 2013 model year (I think it was in August 2013). The 210 GTS Tribute was dropped. The 9-speed was just not ready for prime-time. The DDCT that had looked so promising was so poorly received that Dodge revised the entire 2014 Dart engine/transmission lineup to put the 2.4L with its conventional automatic in all but the SE and Aero trims. People stayed away from Dodge showrooms in droves and there was no buzz around the Dart at all.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 SXT Rallye, 2.4, AT, Blue Streak Pearl
      Liked
      1411 times
      Mentioned
      35 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Good grief... whoever wrote that article needs to take Remedial English 101.

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

is It's like I'm following Geordi
      La Forge

Vehicle
      2015 GMC Sierra 1500
      Liked
      9 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by horsey55 View Post
      I am totally done with FCA after this announcement,especially after the extended warranty offers they have been sending me lately.If the car cannot make it to 60k with no problems,it is no darn good in the first place.I do not put many miles on this car,but with that mileage stipulation the plan is a ripoff.No matter how long of time they give you on it.
      And I was happy a few days ago until I read the details on that warranty offer.
      I don't blame you. I dumped my Dart for a Ram 1500. The Ram had a constant check engine light due to an issue with the evap system. Long story short, they replaced a part once which did not fix the problem. I called back and was told it would be 2-3 months for an appointment because of all the recalls they are dealing with. The best thing I have ever done was walk away from FCA.

It sucks that FCA is killing this car for all of the die hard fans but FCA is a cluster and until they can hammer out their quality control I wouldn't go near them.
      horsey55 likes this.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Liked
      1411 times
      Mentioned
      35 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3879 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Delta Dart View Post
      I think that's one of the first articles that makes the point that it was more important to Fiat that the Dart be finished on time than that it be a good, successful car. Part of the problem is that Dodge/Fiat misjudged what Americans wanted in a compact car. It turns out that people don't want sporty cars with personality in this class. They want Corollas, Elantras, and Civics with soul-numbing CVTs. Honestly, while I fell in love with my Dart during the test drive, even then it was obvious to me that this was not a car most people looking for a compact car would enjoy driving. The steering required effort, the throttle response was different and required more effort to control, you could feel every imperfection in the pavement, and the DDCT was noticeable (while it's smoother now after a couple of updates, it's still obvious that it's not a "normal" automatic, even to some passengers). Plus, it was far from whisper-silent. All points in its favor, according to me! But to people who think of cars as really pricey appliances (like my wife), they're all weird, bad, or annoying. Unfortunately, those people drive almost all of the demand in the compact car segment. People who are in the market for non-premium sporty compact sedans, like many of us here, are simply too few in number to support a model. Apparently Dodge didn't get the memo that the exact amount of sportiness that most people want in their compact sedan is a "SPORT" badge on the trunk and maybe fast-looking wheels.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is is back to Darting and Lovin
      it! :)

Vehicle
      Back to a 2015 Dart Rallye, All Black, 8.4 UConnect, 6 Speed Auto and 2.4l. It sounds great!
      Liked
      118 times
      Mentioned
      11 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      I think that's one of the first articles that makes the point that it was more important to Fiat that the Dart be finished on time than that it be a good, successful car. Part of the problem is that Dodge/Fiat misjudged what Americans wanted in a compact car. It turns out that people don't want sporty cars with personality in this class. They want Corollas, Elantras, and Civics with soul-numbing CVTs. Honestly, while I fell in love with my Dart during the test drive, even then it was obvious to me that this was not a car most people looking for a compact car would enjoy driving. The steering required effort, the throttle response was different and required more effort to control, you could feel every imperfection in the pavement, and the DDCT was noticeable (while it's smoother now after a couple of updates, it's still obvious that it's not a "normal" automatic, even to some passengers). Plus, it was far from whisper-silent. All points in its favor, according to me! But to people who think of cars as really pricey appliances (like my wife), they're all weird, bad, or annoying. Unfortunately, those people drive almost all of the demand in the compact car segment. People who are in the market for non-premium sporty compact sedans, like many of us here, are simply too few in number to support a model. Apparently Dodge didn't get the memo that the exact amount of sportiness that most people want in their compact sedan is a "SPORT" badge on the trunk and maybe fast-looking wheels.
      Yeah, unfortunately, all too true. But I still get to laugh when I find Corolla's, Sentra's and Civic's being driven like they were stolen. I remember driving a Sentra as a test drive and it felt like I was driving a truck with almost nothing in the interior.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Liked
      1411 times
      Mentioned
      35 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I still say the Number One reason why the Dart failed in the marketplace is because it's a DODGE. Nobody thinks of Dodge anymore when it comes to compact cars, unless they want to crack jokes about the old Neons or other forgettable cars like the Omni. After the initial media blitz was over the buying public went back to forgetting that the Dart even existed. Dodge needed to work hard to get back all the small car customers they lost after giving up on the Neon eight years prior, but they never really bothered. When the launch itself fell flat on its face (thanks to not having any Darts on hand with the powertrain combos people wanted) it was if they simply threw their hands up and said "Well, we tried". In a way I feel like FCA wanted the car to fail, so that they could then tell the government and their shareholders "See? We can't sell small CAFE-friendly cars. All we can sell are the big ones!".

It was a very good car with lots of potential, and with a little tweaking and further development it could have been the best compact Dodge ever. Unfortunately it apparently wasn't even wanted by its own mother.
      horsey55 likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart Blacktop SXT 2.4L Tigershark
      Mods
      None yet but I want to learn
      Liked
      68 times
      Mentioned
      11 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I think the real test is, "If you were in the market for one now, would you buy another one?". I really love my car but I am not sure I would buy another one. We are currently looking at replacing the wifes car. She likes my Dart. So I am look at possibly getting a Challenger.
      Last edited by douglasgrant; 09-23-2016 at 04:45 AM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links