Production to Cease This Month... - Page 11
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Production to Cease This Month...

This is a discussion on Production to Cease This Month... within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Originally Posted by suzq044 There are -some- parts that are the same most of the time. For example, the Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot & Dodge ...

User Tag List

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Production to Cease This Month...

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3879 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by suzq044 View Post
      There are -some- parts that are the same most of the time. For example, the Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot & Dodge Caliber, were all on the same platform. Just like the Jeep Cherokee, the Dart, and the 200 are.
      The difference is that the Compass, Patriot, and Caliber are fundamentally the same vehicle, as they are all built on the same PM/MK platform. The Dart, Cherokee, and 200 all have different platforms, the PF, KL, and UF platforms, respectively. All three are derived from the CUSW architecture, which modular and can be used to build sub-compact to mid-sized vehicles. The 3 vehicles share only one engine in common, the 2.4L Tigershark, and the Cherokee and 200 use the 9-speed automatic exclusively. There may be some common steering and braking parts (Cherokee wheels are a direct-fit with the Dart, I believe, which supports this), and probably some switches and such that are common to all FCA vehicles, but for the most part, they are only very loosely related to each other.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart Blacktop SXT 2.4L Tigershark
      Mods
      None yet but I want to learn
      Liked
      68 times
      Mentioned
      11 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by horsey55 View Post
      Well at least I got a Dart Refrigerator magnet at my dealer. No brochures for product or accessories either after '13.
      I was wondering though about the parts availability questions raised earlier.Given that the current Cherokee is built off the same platform as the Dart, there has to be quite a bit of overlap in parts with those vehicles in all areas of production,which I would think would help with many items being available in the future.
      That new model Cherokee is so hideous looking to me that I have never bothered looking at one,but is selling well.Give me the old boxy one with a body on frame please.
      i went yesterday to try to pickup an air filter on sale at my local canadian tire. None available for the Dart. :-(
      Delta Dart likes this.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 SXT Rallye, 2.4, AT, Blue Streak Pearl
      Liked
      1411 times
      Mentioned
      35 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by douglasgrant View Post
      i went yesterday to try to pickup an air filter on sale at my local canadian tire. None available for the Dart. :-(
      I suspect that most maintenance items we need for our Darts will become special order only, even from the major parts chain stores. Like you I noticed that the local O'Reillys and Autozone stores don't have the air filters sitting on the shelf. Apparently the application fits the Dart only and nothing else. NAPA stores will likely become the best bet for parts as they usually keep most of their inventory in a huge local warehouse and have several deliveries to the stores each day.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is never trading the thrill of
      living for the safety of
      existance.

Vehicle
      White 2013 Dodge Dart 1.4T Manual SXT
      Mods
      CAI, powdercoated white 5-spoke rims, various decals, short shifter, big F&R sway bars
      Liked
      379 times
      Mentioned
      48 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Delta Dart View Post
      I suspect that most maintenance items we need for our Darts will become special order only, even from the major parts chain stores. Like you I noticed that the local O'Reillys and Autozone stores don't have the air filters sitting on the shelf. Apparently the application fits the Dart only and nothing else. NAPA stores will likely become the best bet for parts as they usually keep most of their inventory in a huge local warehouse and have several deliveries to the stores each day.
      If this is truly the case we should all get an aftermarket intake so we always have aftermarket opportunities for air filters. I've honestly never heard of something like this happening before.
      "You hate your car. It is meant to be destroyed and repaired. It is merely a machine that is keeping you from attaining your true top speed. Press on the skinny pedal. Turn every once in a while. Fasten your belts securely. Drive it in anger." -Don Burress, Demon Rally Team

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Liked
      1411 times
      Mentioned
      35 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      This is the first time I've ever owned a vehicle that wasn't as common as dirt, so it's a new experience for me as well. I can still buy anything I want for my 18 year-old Jeep XJ, but with millions made and a huge fan following I'm not surprised parts for it are much easier to get than for my three year-old Dart.

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

is Hoping for a new compact model
      from Dodge.

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye
      Liked
      19 times
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      More fallout from the discontinuation of the 200 & the Dart. Faurecia closing two plants locally that made parts for those two models. 350 layoffs.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Liked
      1411 times
      Mentioned
      35 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Renault_Encore View Post
      More fallout from the discontinuation of the 200 & the Dart. Faurecia closing two plants locally that made parts for those two models. 350 layoffs.
      One can't help but wonder what those parts were that they made, and if they're anything we might need later as maintenance or repair items as our Darts age.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart Blacktop SXT 2.4L Tigershark
      Mods
      None yet but I want to learn
      Liked
      68 times
      Mentioned
      11 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      As I keep reading these forums, I keep wondering, what is the lesson learned here?

FCA released a new car on the market. Many of us liked it and bought it. A few years later FCA decided to unexpectedly discontinue the product for reasons that haven't really been explained. A lot of assumptions and guessing but no reason given other than change of business strategy. Common parts are becoming special order. Local dealership expertise in being able to fix the car are under scrutiny. Most probably a lot of other things we will discover down the road in the near future.

Is the lesson learned "don't take a chance on a new car on the market?". Should we be only considering buying car models that have been around a long time and are in their 5+ generation? If the car buyer only ever did that how would a car manufacturer ever be able to introduce a new car to the market? Does this kind of thing happen all the time or is this a first for FCA? Maybe FCA should do something or offer something to the Dart customers that took a chance on their product. I got the extended warranty and now am wondering if a dealership will even honor that warranty in a couple of years of just says "it can't be fixed. Its a discontinued car".
      horsey55 likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dart Limited/1.4T/Dual-Clutch Transmission/Blue Streak Pearl
      Liked
      56 times
      Mentioned
      15 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by douglasgrant View Post
      I got the extended warranty and now am wondering if a dealership will even honor that warranty in a couple of years of just says "it can't be fixed. Its a discontinued car".

I'm worried about the MaxCare thing, tbh. I shelled out for lifetime MaxCare on my Dart, but with the number and type of problems that I've been having with it? If it's even another 18 months before the next time I need a new DDCT, it's already going to cost more than what the car's worth, I'm sure, and then *poof* there goes my lifetime MaxCare.

Car Chief
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1931 times
      Mentioned
      209 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      i am pretty sure the extended warranties are legally binding documents for FCA, but there quite a bit of fine print thats for sure

i believe they legally have to offer some kind of OEM part replacements for 10 years? not sure...

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links