Resale Value - Page 3
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook

Resale Value

This is a discussion on Resale Value within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Sales for all of FCA cars are down. Not sure for the Challenger. But the 200 sales are down 58%. Quite a few 2015 Chargers ...

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Resale Value

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

is what it is

Vehicle
      15 Limited
      Liked
      41 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Sales for all of FCA cars are down. Not sure for the Challenger. But the 200 sales are down 58%. Quite a few 2015 Chargers still on dealer lots. The 300 is getting long in the tooth. They may end up just selling trucks and SUVs.

Car Chief
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1931 times
      Mentioned
      209 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
      Sales for all of FCA cars are down. Not sure for the Challenger. But the 200 sales are down 58%. Quite a few 2015 Chargers still on dealer lots. The 300 is getting long in the tooth. They may end up just selling trucks and SUVs.
      and minivans

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart GT, Pitch Black
      Liked
      27 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      I don't know why people are shocked that the Dart doesn't have a high resale value. It's not like any care does, realistically, but with the Dart, there is the added challenge that dealers can't really sell them at a profit and likely don't want to take them as trades. I've actually heard that some dealers in Canada won't take Darts as trades, and honestly, I can't blame them, because they're basically buying a giant nice-looking paperweight.
      Here's why: On my Dart specifically, as well optioned as it is, you can't find a competitors car to match. It's a great car with high end options. It's frustrating that other people aren't seeing the whole package. I have no idea what the appeal of the Toyota is. Mazda I can see, but not Toyota and definitely not the Civic or Cruze. But I don't see cars as bland appliances either. I enjoy driving - a lot, and the Dart is fun to drive and packs a lot of great features for a smaller car. I traded from a fully-loaded 2012 300S to my 2013 Dart. I don't feel I lost all that much besides nav, a bit of power, and overall size of the car.
      I have a passion for gourmet bacon.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      6 times
      Mentioned
      6 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I bought my dart last year, 13.5 + warranry, gap, tax and such. With 2 down, I financed 16 or so. Dropped warranty and gap midway when I realized I wasn't going to keep it. Liked the car alot, didn't love it. Too many small things that didn't make me happy. Do I like it over a civic? Honestly yeah. If they make the srt would I consider buying it? Heck yeah. But they won't. I got a killer deal on a 13 frs and worked the trade in up to 8.5 on the dart. Rolled 3k into the scion but it had low miles, all the options. And I paid atleast 2k less than any other listing(always haggle!!!)
      13 sxt(was more like an se with a few options) with 54k miles. Previous rental car.
      13 Frs(found prior owners contact info via info and talked for hours on condition of car) 19k miles, 17.1 for the car, no dealer fee. 20.4 otd before a 1.4 down payment.

Fwiw I shopped the car as a trade in at many dealers. None would go over 8, most settling in around low 7k.
      The dealer originally listed it at 11.5, now it's at 10.5. I hope no one pays more than 9 for that poor car. Love the dart, just not enough.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 2.4 Limited Dart
      Liked
      2 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I purchased a 2014 Dart Limited with 2.4 New. No issues, have 192,000 miles on it now.

Was thinking of trading it in to get rid of it when I purchased a Ram pickup, KBB and Edmunds both said about 2,500 for trade in due to mileage.

Dealer said they could only give me 1,500 as darts are discontinued and demand is low.

So, will keep it and give it to my soon to be driving oldest daughter. Couldn't get a car in that good of a shape for that price anyway, plus it's a sunk cost.

If I can get it to last a few more years it's worth it, still looks great, runs great, all maintenance was done on it, and 95% of the miles were highway for long commute.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is a Happy Dart Owner

Vehicle
      2013 Dart SXT 1.4T DDCT
      Liked
      65 times
      Mentioned
      6 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Yet if you want to buy one, you can add $10k to that number.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3877 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Spillage View Post
      Yet if you want to buy one, you can add $10k to that number.
      I just found a 2013 Dart SXT 1.4T manual with around 43,000 kms near Toronto for under $8,000.00 Canadian, and a fully-loaded 2013 Limited with 141,000 kms for $9,000.00. I found a higher mileage (175,000 kms) manual version of my 2013 Rallye for less than $5,000.00. A Dart with 192,000 miles is going to be hard for a dealer to sell at any price. 2013 and 2014 Darts are pretty cheap, because like the dealership said, there is really no demand for them out there. They definitely don't want a Dart as a trade, but if they are going to take one it's going to be at a low-ball price to account for the fact that it will take 6+ months and deep discounting to resell.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is a Happy Dart Owner

Vehicle
      2013 Dart SXT 1.4T DDCT
      Liked
      65 times
      Mentioned
      6 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I tried to find a 2015 2.4 in Florida...
      Anything under 80k was $14k+

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      5 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Sell it yourself, set your own price based on what similarly equipped cars are selling for in your area. Dealers cut a few grand off the price they’ll pay you so they can profit on it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links