Resale Value - Page 2
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Resale Value

This is a discussion on Resale Value within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; I notice the Challenger keeps it's value. compared to other FCA products....

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Resale Value

Tire Carrier
      Rank
      Rep
      is what it is

Vehicle
      15 Limited
      Liked
      41 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I notice the Challenger keeps it's value. compared to other FCA products.

Tire Carrier
      Rank
      Rep
      This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited, 1.4L Turbo, 6-speed
      Liked
      8 times
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I just bought a 2013 Dart Limited with the 6-speed and 1.4L engine for 15,900 yesterday. Only had 28k miles and has every option in the book as far as I can tell. Thats like a 9k discount from new.

Jackman
      Rank
      Rep
      is almost done with college?

Vehicle
      '15 Dodge Dart Blacktop 6-spd Manual
      Mods
      Never enough (see signature)
      Liked
      80 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Keep it and do what you please with it. Cage it and run it on meth. Make it a show car. Hack it up and Mad Max it. It's your car. Do whatever you want. Don't be afraid to be ridiculous. Because sometimes a crazy idea is a stroke of genius!
      Taking advice on how to survive college while balancing friends, family, car, girlfriend, sleep, car, food, work, driving, etc.
      末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末
      DART MAUL
      2015 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Blacktop
      2.4L 6-speed manual

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Master Mechanic
      Rank
      Rep
      This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Auto Bright White
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1133 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      The only car that will hold any value in this market segment would be the Civic due to it's brand recognition. As somebody else said above me, Subaru is also a good brand if you want a high resale value.

The Cruze, Focus, and Dart have similar resale values among each other.

Banned
      Rank
      Rep
      This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Bright White Exterior Black Leather Interior w/Red accents Sunroof 9-Speaker
      Mods
      Stock
      Liked
      1068 times
      Mentioned
      23 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
      I notice the Challenger keeps it's value. compared to other FCA products.
      Thats because of the name and heritage IMO. I would imagine the Charger is also better than average as well.

Tire Carrier
      Rank
      Rep
      This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Dodge dart SXT Blacktop 2015 laser Blue
      Mods
      Mopar ground effects. Mopar cold air intake. Eiback pro-kit Front and rear drilled and slotted rotor
      Liked
      19 times
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      The resale value on this cars is the worst. I had a 2015 sxt blacktop automatic brand new, tried to refinance the car a few times but wasnエt posible. The value of the car was so low I didnエt get approved even though I have a good credit. A got tired of that and ended up going to the same place where I bought it and traded the car for a 2016 200s white with the 19" wheels. I got for my dart 11500$ with 11350 miles and 11 months. I managed to get and extra 1000$ because I terminate the gap insurance and the extended warranty. A few days later they posted the car on sale for 14599$. They sold it already, they probable made a couple grands out of it. I got really disapointed. I loved the car and liked it a lot. I had 7500 upside down that they put on the lease. Iエm noy buying american cars again. My next one hopefully this year is a 2016 tacoma trd.
      byrne17 likes this.

Tire Carrier
      Rank
      Rep
      This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart GT, Pitch Black
      Liked
      27 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by adrian2310 View Post
      The resale value on this cars is the worst. I had a 2015 sxt blacktop automatic brand new, tried to refinance the car a few times but wasnエt posible. The value of the car was so low I didnエt get approved even though I have a good credit. A got tired of that and ended up going to the same place where I bought it and traded the car for a 2016 200s white with the 19" wheels. I got for my dart 11500$ with 11350 miles and 11 months. I managed to get and extra 1000$ because I terminate the gap insurance and the extended warranty. A few days later they posted the car on sale for 14599$. They sold it already, they probable made a couple grands out of it. I got really disapointed. I loved the car and liked it a lot. I had 7500 upside down that they put on the lease. Iエm noy buying american cars again. My next one hopefully this year is a 2016 tacoma trd.
      You must have a lot of money to burn. $7500 added on to a lease? And now you want to trade in for another new vehicle? What are your payments on that 200?
      pkgmsu2000 likes this.
      I have a passion for gourmet bacon.

Tire Carrier
      Rank
      Rep
      This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Dodge dart SXT Blacktop 2015 laser Blue
      Mods
      Mopar ground effects. Mopar cold air intake. Eiback pro-kit Front and rear drilled and slotted rotor
      Liked
      19 times
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by rabidgopher04 View Post
      You must have a lot of money to burn. $7500 added on to a lease? And now you want to trade in for another new vehicle? What are your payments on that 200?
      Iエm not planning on trading the lease. I took it for my wife because she only drives about 500 miles a month. I drive 2015 corolla s for work and normally put about 8k per month. The dart was not the candidate for me right now. I ws getting 25 mpg on the dart while on the corolla I get 35mpg and only need 17 to fill a full tank.

I had to put the 7500 upside down on to the lease and My payments are 500 a month for 4 years with 10k a year. Itエs not bad. Mi insurance dropped a lot when adding the lease. I was paying more insurance for the dart even though I have the 100/300/50 insurance coverage on both cars. I end up paying the same but in four years i get rid of the car instead with the dart i had 6 more years. I wasnエt planning on keeping that car for more than 4 years.

Supporting Member
      Rank
      Rep
      Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3877 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by nydartsrt View Post
      Thats because of the name and heritage IMO. I would imagine the Charger is also better than average as well.
      Nah, the Charger is a full-size sedan. A commodity family-hauling vehicle for the most part. Whatever heritage they were banking on it having they pretty much killed by making it thus. The Challenger is more of a niche vehicle with a more limited supply and dealers are confident that they can sell them used at a higher price point to the right buyer. It's one of the rare vehicles where having a manual transmission might actually increase its resale value.

I don't know why people are shocked that the Dart doesn't have a high resale value. It's not like any care does, realistically, but with the Dart, there is the added challenge that dealers can't really sell them at a profit and likely don't want to take them as trades. I've actually heard that some dealers in Canada won't take Darts as trades, and honestly, I can't blame them, because they're basically buying a giant nice-looking paperweight.

Jackman
      Rank
      Rep
      This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 dodge dart rally 1.4 multi 6 sp man lots whisles bells redline red launch veh 00045 mi bought
      Mods
      had factory race track lights installed from dodge by dealer got manufact card in mail. so far as of
      Liked
      88 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      If you watch Barrett Jackson most classics get the most $ if they are #s match and all stock. All the bling is if personal value. Life is short enjoy the dart any way you like.

Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links