Dart GLH vs Omni GLH(s) - Page 7
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Dart GLH vs Omni GLH(s)

This is a discussion on Dart GLH vs Omni GLH(s) within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; So much win in that post, @ Darth_Strife . It's not the total lack of performance with the Dart, but all the empty promises. @ ...

User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Dart GLH vs Omni GLH(s)

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart SXT ( Her car ) 2015 Dodge Dart GT( My car )
      Mods
      Viper Remote Start Alarm More to follow...
      Liked
      91 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      So much win in that post, @Darth_Strife . It's not the total lack of performance with the Dart, but all the empty promises. @Moparian , if I could get my Avenger back, I'd do it yesterday, and not look back. There's an old saying, talk is cheap, and there is a whole lot of it coming from FCA. Can't make a performance Dart, but can slap R/T badges on minivans, and Journeys. FCA has done nothing but dilute it's performance history since the early 2K. Dakota/Durango R/T, Hemi, minivan R/T, need I go on?

The dissapointment here is quite justified, why try and defend the indefensable?

j
      Darth_Strife likes this.

Dodge Insider
      Rank

Rep

is H.A.H

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart SE 6AT
      Mods
      Stock :(
      Liked
      807 times
      Mentioned
      143 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by chlngr1970 View Post
      So much win in that post, @Darth_Strife . It's not the total lack of performance with the Dart, but all the empty promises. @Moparian , if I could get my Avenger back, I'd do it yesterday, and not look back. There's an old saying, talk is cheap, and there is a whole lot of it coming from FCA. Can't make a performance Dart, but can slap R/T badges on minivans, and Journeys. FCA has done nothing but dilute it's performance history since the early 2K. Dakota/Durango R/T, Hemi, minivan R/T, need I go on?

The dissapointment here is quite justified, why try and defend the indefensable?

j
      You realize FCA wasnt a thing back in the early 2000's right? That was Daimler Chrysler. Also while I will give you the Caravan and Journey R/T, how are you lumping the Dakota and Durango into this, both the early 2000's and the current Durango R/T are more than worthy of that badge. In case you missed it, I also said I am disappointed that we dont have a performance Dart, I've panned Mopar for promising all of this stuff and not delivering on more than just this forum. Just because I know the reality of whats going on doesnt mean I am covering for anybody or giving them a pass.
      Order Tracking https://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodg...-tracking.html

***ORDER TRACKING BEER FUND***
      Donations via Paypal: jagsfan84 [at] gmail.com

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      91 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Moparian View Post
      You realize FCA wasnt a thing back in the early 2000's right? That was Daimler Chrysler.
      Not sure when Daimler took over Chrysler, but the point was, the Dakota/Durango R/T was nothing more than appearance. The 5.9 had nothing over the 5.9 that my 03 Durango had.
      Also while I will give you the Caravan and Journey R/T, how are you lumping the Dakota and Durango into this, both the early 2000's and the current Durango R/T are more than worthy of that badge.
      Yet, the Dart, with some work, could be a sweet contender, yet nothing but broken promises.
      In case you missed it, I also said I am disappointed that we dont have a performance Dart, I've panned Mopar for promising all of this stuff and not delivering on more than just this forum. Just because I know the reality of whats going on doesnt mean I am covering for anybody or giving them a pass.
      Except, you seem to make excuse after excuse, and deride anyone who is understandably upset over the broken promises, and almost total lack of support for the Dart. A GT that has the same power as every other 2.4 Dart out there? This just continues the trend of diluting the brand, and does nothing to counter the negative perception everyone has of FCA. Like I said elsewhere, I'm fiercely brand loyal, and will be back at my Dodge dealer when time comes to replace the Darts, but I am sorely disappointed in what I see now.

j
      Darth_Strife likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Dodge Insider
      Rank

Rep

is H.A.H

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart SE 6AT
      Mods
      Liked
      807 times
      Mentioned
      143 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Not sure when Daimler took over Chrysler, but the point was, the Dakota/Durango R/T was nothing more than appearance. The 5.9 had nothing over the 5.9 that my 03 Durango had.
      Yet, the Dart, with some work, could be a sweet contender, yet nothing but broken promises.
      Except, you seem to make excuse after excuse, and deride anyone who is understandably upset over the broken promises, and almost total lack of support for the Dart. A GT that has the same power as every other 2.4 Dart out there? This just continues the trend of diluting the brand, and does nothing to counter the negative perception everyone has of FCA. Like I said elsewhere, I'm fiercely brand loyal, and will be back at my Dodge dealer when time comes to replace the Darts, but I am sorely disappointed in what I see now.

j
      When did I deride anybody? I'm just pointing out the reality of the situation of why things are the way they are.... I'm not making any excuses for anybody. Mopar has constantly over promised and under delivered especially when it comes to the Dart. You wont find anybody more loyal to Dodge than myself, my wallet has been ready for a DSRT since 2012 when the Dart was announced. I bought one of the first NSRT's in Florida and have owned Mopars since I could drive.

If they don't have anything worthy of the R/T or SRT name why bother? The only engine available that will work is the Hurricane and its not ready. FCA cant afford to screw up any more powertrain launches after the 9 speed issues in the Cherokee and 200. They seem to have gotten that issue figured out and I am expecting it to show up in the Dart sooner than later.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM LW pulley, EC CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, Rally Armors, Heartthrob exhaust
      Liked
      1950 times
      Mentioned
      288 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

j
      When did I deride anybody? I'm just pointing out the reality of the situation of why things are the way they are.... I'm not making any excuses for anybody. Mopar has constantly over promised and under delivered especially when it comes to the Dart. You wont find anybody more loyal to Dodge than myself, my wallet has been ready for a DSRT since 2012 when the Dart was announced. I bought one of the first NSRT's in Florida and have owned Mopars since I could drive.

If they don't have anything worthy of the R/T or SRT name why bother? The only engine available that will work is the Hurricane and its not ready. FCA cant afford to screw up any more powertrain launches after the 9 speed issues in the Cherokee and 200. They seem to have gotten that issue figured out and I am expecting it to show up in the Dart sooner than later.
      They did mess up the trans in the Cherokee pretty bad on launch. Imagine if the dart did come with it, like it was mentioned it was supposed to. I think with all the other issues the dart seems to have racked up, that might have killed it entirely. I am glad they waited. Plus I feel like if they offered that trans, then they wouldn't have done a manual. I mean yeah they might have, but only the challenger is the vehicle with the newer transmission (isn't that an 8 speed one?) and a manual. While everything else with that transmission is auto only. That would have broke my decision on buying one.

And chlngr go easy on him. He's in the same boat we are waiting. And he's one of of the few to know what's actually coming down the road. Whether is be just ideas or actual things. False promises is all we have gotten from Mopar, but hearing of new things brings more hope. Even if it's crushed a year later, the one day they do come out with something, we will be ready.
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      91 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Doing this on a phone sux

Quote Originally Posted by Moparian
      Lets not forget how the Avenger/200 were universally panned across the automotive world as a terrible rental queen and only purchased by people with bad credit.
      While the first part may be true, was it really necessary to call me out, as I actually decided to purchase my Avenger. Trading it for the Dart was my latest big mistake. The only reason I didn't return it was because I so badly wanted a manual trans. 7 months later, I'm realizing it was not worth the loss of power.
      @Cntrollerfanboy all the empty promises are why we have these bitch threads, and if you take note, there are a LOT of them.

j
      Darth_Strife likes this.

Dodge Insider
      Rank

Rep

is H.A.H

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart SE 6AT
      Mods
      Liked
      807 times
      Mentioned
      143 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Doing this on a phone sux

. While the first part may be true, was it really necessary to call me out, as I actually decided to purchase my Avenger. Trading it for the Dart was my latest big mistake. The only reason I didn't return it was because I so badly wanted a manual trans. 7 months later, I'm realizing it was not worth the loss of power.
      @Cntrollerfanboy all the empty promises are why we have these bitch threads, and if you take note, there are a LOT of them.

j
      I was not calling you out for buying an Avenger, if I was then it would be pot meet kettle because I purchased a 11' 200S. I was just saying that was the overall general perception of those 2 cars regardless of how true it was. Anyways I agree with you, I miss the pentastar in my 200 it was just as fast as my stock NSRT was..... if I could do it over I'd have kept the 200 which would almost be paid off now and I'd be in a better position to buy a Challenger. Now being in school its going to be another 2 years before I can afford to do so, the good thing for me is I should be able to swing for a 392. (assuming something else doesnt come out between now and then from Dodge)

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      91 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Yes, I will be replacing my Dart with another FCA product, if they are still around, but at this time, they have nothing I am interrested in. Challenger/Charger are just too big, Dart is going nowhere fast ( pun intended ) and Avenger is no more. 200 is not a viable option, it, IMHO, is just to blah.

So, let's see what FCA eventually brings to the table. I'm still not holding my breath for all the cool stuff they claim is coming, as the track record is just not there.

j
      Moparian likes this.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3875 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Whoa, guys, what's with the whole "shoot the messenger" thing going on here? @Moparian is just telling it like it is, based on the inside knowledge that he has which is at liberty to share. That you don't like what FCA is doing with the the Dart is your issue, not his. If that means that you will be looking at a non-FCA vehicle as a result, so be it. In fact, why wouldn't you? Brand loyalty (or hatred) is kind of crazy when it means you're not acting in your own best interests.

Car Chief
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1931 times
      Mentioned
      209 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      Whoa, guys, what's with the whole "shoot the messenger" thing going on here? @Moparian is just telling it like it is, based on the inside knowledge that he has which is at liberty to share. That you don't like what FCA is doing with the the Dart is your issue, not his. If that means that you will be looking at a non-FCA vehicle as a result, so be it. In fact, why wouldn't you? Brand loyalty (or hatred) is kind of crazy when it means you're not acting in your own best interests.
      amen brother. @Moparian is just giving you the cold, hard facts. it is not his fault that FCA doesnt see a big market for sporty performance 4-bangers. we are all free to choose the best car for each of us :-)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links