What would you change about your dart?
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on What would you change about your dart? within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Interior? Seats? TFT? What would you like to see on the next year Dart models? What don't you like that you would want Dodge to ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Like Tree81Likes

Thread: What would you change about your dart?

Mopar 13 Moderator
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is V^

Vehicle
      Mopar '13
      Mods
      See Signature
      Liked
      2037 times
      Mentioned
      201 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Interior? Seats? TFT? What would you like to see on the next year Dart models? What don't you like that you would want Dodge to change? I know I would like to see the disappearance of that antennae!
      Mods:
      Deyeme Stainless Hood Lift Kit -- 35% LLumar Ceramic Tint -- Mopar Side Skirts
      DRP Pressure Pipes -- Blue Interior Lighting -- LED Vanity Lights -- Cree Trunk Light

Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust -- "Smoke" Plasti Dipped Tails -- DRP Rear Engine Mount (Flex)
      Oracle DRL Strips in Fogs
      -- Tork Tune Stage 1-- RRM HFC DP -- Brighttails LED Reverse Lights
      Keep Calm And Chive On

R.I.P #070
      7/22/13-11/16/13

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is Lovin Life in the Dart

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Ralley 1.4 Turbo 6 Speed Manual Bright White Hyper Black Wheels Red/Black Inter
      Mods
      Window Tint
      Liked
      95 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I would change the nav screen so I could be driving and spell something at the same time. I hate that part.
      st1114g likes this.

2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
      1.4 Turbo
      6 Speed Manual Transmission
      Bright White
      Hyper Black Wheels
      Black/Ruby Interior
      RaceTrack LED Taillights
      8.4 UConnect mp3/cd
      Satalite Radio
      Navigation
      Bluetooth
      Popular Group
      Premium Sound
      9 Alpine w/ Subwoofer

FINALLY HERE!!!

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is Gettin it.

Vehicle
      13 Dodge Dart SXT 1.4 turbo 6spd manual.
      Mods
      Window tint 20% rear, 35% front. MPx Shorty Antenna. MPx STS. MPx CAI. MPx IC Pipes. MPx Ported TB.
      Liked
      174 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I wouldn't change anything. But I WILL be doing some modifications. My list includes window tint, subwoofer, fog lights, and a cold air intake when I can find a decent one.
      Who let the Darts out?

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Dart Limited, 1.4T/manual
      Mods
      Visual Garage Shark Fin antenna
      Liked
      77 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      • The Darts should come with a shark fin or low profile antenna instead of a RC car antenna.
      • The manual shifter doesn't have to be a "short throw" exactly, but it would be nice if it were angled a little more aft. My arm can reach 5th gear comfortably, but I am guilty of turning off my A/C when shifting into 3rd. (I scoffed at people who mentioned this possibility until I did it myself.)
      • The Garmin should have more of the "stock" Garmin features (downloadable cars, voices, non-custom map updates). Standalone Garmin devices either come with lifetime map updates, or it's offered for an additional ~$80 cost. I'd be perfectly happy to spend an extra $80-$100 to get lifetime map updates for the Dart.
      • The TFT navigation prompts could be less generic (the same picture is shown for "right turn" no matter what the intersection ahead looks like)
      • I would like to see more engine stats and gauges available on the TFT (mixture, boost pressure, etc.)

The first two can be fixed with aftermarket replacement, and the rest is all possible to fix as well, but it's entirely up to Garmin and Chrysler.

(It should be noted that these are the only things I'd fix, and they're very minor.)
      Last edited by kunigit; 11-14-2012 at 08:46 PM.
      undfeatable, st1114g and gilabear like this.
      Limited, 1.4 Turbo/Manual, Max. Steel, Diesel Gray/White – Photos
      9/4: Ordered • 9/13: Confirmation Email • 9/17: VOTS Email • 9/27: Frame & Paint • 9/28: Trim • 10/1 Inspection/Shipment/Window Sticker10/15: Scheduled Delivery • 10/16: Arrived at Dealer • 10/17: Took delivery

Supporting Vendor
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Vendor
      is feeling spring in the air

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye--- 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T--- 1996 Dodge Neon ACR Coupe
      Mods
      DMR plate bracket, poly mounts, wheel spacers and lug bolts, and lots more - see our site for detail
      Liked
      697 times
      Mentioned
      221 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I have a feeling many of my issues with the car are either federal regulations, or threats of federal regulations.

1) lights. When I want lights on, I'll turn them on. When I want them off, I'll turn them off. I HATE automatic DRLs.

2) clutch pedal travel. The clutch pedal feels like it has to go down farther than it should, making me stretch my leg and shift my seating position. If I move the seat closer, I'm too close, and the other pedals feel too close (along with the steering wheel and windshield...)

3) airbags. Ten? Really? Why can't an economy car have only, I don't know, two or so? Personally, I don't like any, but I understand they make people feel safer. I would like if at least a few of them were optional. I don't want to get PTSD because of a fender-bender.

4) hill start assist. Never know when it's going to help, and when it isn't. I'd rather it either always try to keep me stopped at a stoplight so I can always get honked at, or never at all. It's always like "Surprise! I chose THIS hill to make your car stall today!" I am a very capable driver, and always end up trying to accellerate when the car is still braking. Actually, ANY automatic braking in a car. Like the annoying automatic lights, if I want the brakes on, I'll turn them on. I know where the pedal is, and don't need help.

5) on the clutch again. The clutch pedal pad seems strangely angled, or unusually slippery, but my foot has slipped upwards off the clutch pedal at least 5 times in 2000 miles of driving. Part of this is how far you have to bury the pedal in relation to the others, but when the pedal is down, it's as if the pad is just slippery or at a poor angle to maintain pressure.

6) headrests. This is actually a safety issue. These headrests are dangerous. They cause fatigue and neck strain. My wife's situation is even worse than mine, because she sometimes wears her hair up for work. The headrest doesn't go straight up in relation to the seat. They actually jut very far forward, probably to prevent bald plastic crash test dummies from getting injured in a simulated crash. Because I'm a real human, though, they feel like they're "over" my head, trying to get me to tuck my chin to my chest. Worst design I've ever sat in, and the seats are otherwise so nice.

I think that's about it. There are other little things, like the glove box latch being sideways, but that's really minor.
      All the above mentioned issues are going to be brought to the attention of the dealer and Chrysler when I bring the car in for its first service.
      UN4GTBL and Nebraska like this.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Black Limited w/ everything
      Liked
      2 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      1. Warmer seat warmers...
      2. Longer first gear ratio...
      3. Brighter led around dash...

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Dart Limited, 1.4T/manual
      Mods
      Visual Garage Shark Fin antenna
      Liked
      77 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by DeyemeRacing View Post
      2) clutch pedal travel. The clutch pedal feels like it has to go down farther than it should, making me stretch my leg and shift my seating position. If I move the seat closer, I'm too close, and the other pedals feel too close (along with the steering wheel and windshield...)
      Oh yeah, forgot about this one.. I agree. Probably not an easy fix though. Or is it?
      Limited, 1.4 Turbo/Manual, Max. Steel, Diesel Gray/White – Photos
      9/4: Ordered • 9/13: Confirmation Email • 9/17: VOTS Email • 9/27: Frame & Paint • 9/28: Trim • 10/1 Inspection/Shipment/Window Sticker10/15: Scheduled Delivery • 10/16: Arrived at Dealer • 10/17: Took delivery

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dart Limited 2005 Mustang GT
      Mods
      MagnaFlow Catback Tork CAI Tork STS Custom Paintwork
      Liked
      357 times
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Re: What would you change about your dart?

Quote Originally Posted by DeyemeRacing View Post
      I have a feeling many of my issues with the car are either federal regulations, or threats of federal regulations.

1) lights. When I want lights on, I'll turn them on. When I want them off, I'll turn them off. I HATE automatic DRLs.

3) airbags. Ten? Really? Why can't an economy car have only, I don't know, two or so? Personally, I don't like any, but I understand they make people feel safer. I would like if at least a few of them were optional. I don't want to get PTSD because of a fender-bender.

4) hill start assist. Never know when it's going to help, and when it isn't. I'd rather it either always try to keep me stopped at a stoplight so I can always get honked at, or never at all. It's always like "Surprise! I chose THIS hill to make your car stall today!" I am a very capable driver, and always end up trying to accellerate when the car is still braking. Actually, ANY automatic braking in a car. Like the annoying automatic lights, if I want the brakes on, I'll turn them on. I know where the pedal is, and don't need help.

5) on the clutch again. The clutch pedal pad seems strangely angled, or unusually slippery, but my foot has slipped upwards off the clutch pedal at least 5 times in 2000 miles of driving. Part of this is how far you have to bury the pedal in relation to the others, but when the pedal is down, it's as if the pad is just slippery or at a poor angle to maintain pressure.

6) headrests. This is actually a safety issue. These headrests are dangerous. They cause fatigue and neck strain. My wife's situation is even worse than mine, because she sometimes wears her hair up for work. The headrest doesn't go straight up in relation to the seat. They actually jut very far forward, probably to prevent bald plastic crash test dummies from getting injured in a simulated crash. Because I'm a real human, though, they feel like they're "over" my head, trying to get me to tuck my chin to my chest. Worst design I've ever sat in, and the seats are otherwise so nice.

I think that's about it. There are other little things, like the glove box latch being sideways, but that's really minor.
      All the above mentioned issues are going to be brought to the attention of the dealer and Chrysler when I bring the car in for its first service.
      It's not like all the airbag come out in the case of a fender bender the ones in the impact area do. I agree with the clutch travel. Automatic lights.... simple turn them off. And hill assist you can shut off. As far as the head rests go I have no issues I'm so comfy lol
      UN4GTBL likes this.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dart Limited 2005 Mustang GT
      Mods
      MagnaFlow Catback Tork CAI Tork STS Custom Paintwork
      Liked
      357 times
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Re: What would you change about your dart?

Would 30 more hp kill the gas mileage? Probably not it would more than likely make it better using less throttle to get to speed and it would be par with it's class then.

Car Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Another Day Another Dollar

Liked
      607 times
      Mentioned
      57 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Deyemeracing wow love the sense of humor. The issues I have is since its colder out now the fuel pump is louder then normal....I took it to two different mopar service centers and they told me its the fuel pump and that because its cold out it could be louder then normal. Next when its super cold out like 40 and below there's this other high pitch noise coming from the right front passenger wheel well. This one hasn't been looked it because it never makes the noise when I take it in to get looked at ..go figure...I did have a issue with the light around the dash....only minor...but now that I have the windows tinted it is noticeably brighter...other then that.....awesome car....

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links