Those with the standard radio in their Darts
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Those with the standard radio in their Darts

This is a discussion on Those with the standard radio in their Darts within the Dodge Dart General Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; How is it in terms of funtionality? Is it easy to navigate through the settings? What can it do besides play music? Can you adjust ...

User Tag List

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is Wanting to debadge

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye Turbo
      Liked
      47 times
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      How is it in terms of funtionality? Is it easy to navigate through the settings? What can it do besides play music? Can you adjust certain settings like the 8.4 Uconnect? Also do you wish you would have gotten the Uconnect screen or is the standard radio enough? (One more thing) Does ambient lighting (the red lines around the dash) come with the standard radio or only the Uconnect? And is it possible to replace the standard radio with the touchscreen later on?
      And while we're at it how is the sound with the standard 6 speakers?
      Last edited by football2106; 12-19-2013 at 11:44 PM.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SE
      Mods
      Imco 40 series muffler , mpx short throw shifter and full rockford fosgate stereo system
      Liked
      38 times
      Mentioned
      11 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I have a 13 dart se that has Uconnect 200 with the standard radio that does cd, usb and auxiliary. It functions fairly easy. The hardest thing about it was getting the bluetooth to connect to my phone (galaxy s4). It took a couple of weeks to figure it out. Yoy have the basic audio setting for front to back, left to right, bass, mids and trebles. As far as the ambient lighting im not a 100 percent sure if it comes with it but I know you can get it added on. Yes, it is possible to put a aftermarket touchscreen it. My guys I deal with contacted me a month ago stating that metra the manufacture of the dash kits released one for the darts. I haven't put mine in yet bur will soon. What will be needed for my setup will be the dash kit, data harness, antenna adapter and can-bus module to work all my steering controls. Im not positive on the 6 speaker setup. Mine did have 4 now its 6 speakers. All my of stereo system has been replaced with rockford fosgate equipment with the exception of the radio. I hope this helped you out.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dodge Charger r/t scat pack
      Mods
      all weather floor mats.. So to be mopar cai, strut tower bar,axle back exhaust
      Liked
      150 times
      Mentioned
      11 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by football2106 View Post
      How is it in terms of funtionality? Is it easy to navigate through the settings? What can it do besides play music? Can you adjust certain settings like the 8.4 Uconnect? Also do you wish you would have gotten the Uconnect screen or is the standard radio enough? (One more thing) Does ambient lighting (the red lines around the dash) come with the standard radio or only the Uconnect? And is it possible to replace the standard radio with the touchscreen later on? And while we're at it how is the sound with the standard 6 speakers?
      Yes you can put the lighting around the dash. And it cost about 2k to put the 8.4 scream in not including labor. But that price goes down if you find one off a wrecked charger 300 grand Cherokee, Cherokee, journey, or viper

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

is Dart

Vehicle
      2013 dodge dart limited, black
      Mods
      Injen CIA, Flowmaster Cat-Back, Injen CI pipes, MPx pulley, Mopar diffuser/front lip, 19 inch wheel
      Liked
      273 times
      Mentioned
      22 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by itsgodzilla View Post
      Yes you can put the lighting around the dash. And it cost about 2k to put the 8.4 scream in not including labor. But that price goes down if you find one off a wrecked charger 300 grand Cherokee, Cherokee, journey, or viper
      An ebay seller had the whole screen for about 100 bucks off a wrecked dart and the brain for about 175, what else would you need? im not sure
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited DDCT -- BC Coil Overs -LED Interior -Injen CAI -Flowmaster Catback -Red Calipers -VG Shark Fin -Dipped Winter Wheels w/ Nokian Hakkapeliitta R -19" Hankook Evos on Mrr GT-8's -Tinted Rear Lights -Mopar Front Skirt -Mopar Rear Defuser -MPx Underdrive Pulley -Injen Charge Pipes -Tork Ported Throttle Body

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT 1.4 liter Turbo
      Liked
      31 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      FYI it's a lot of work.
      Ask member biggestjohn
      Plus it needs to be activated by the dealer and I think you will need the amp as well.

Sponsored Links