Flashing Odometer, B2204 - ECU Configuration Mismatch
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on Flashing Odometer, B2204 - ECU Configuration Mismatch within the Dodge Dart Electronics forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; Ok, I think I am ready for round 2 on fixing my darn flashing odometer! I am starting from scratch and gathering all the information ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 True Blue Pearl Dodge Dart, 2.0 Special Edition SXT with Alpine Audio Package
      Mods
      Rear Spoiler, Lug Nut Conversion, LED Headlights
      Liked
      7 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Ok, I think I am ready for round 2 on fixing my darn flashing odometer! I am starting from scratch and gathering all the information I have in hopes someone can perform a Sherlock and put all of the pieces together...

Let's start off with what is going on, and I promise am going to try and keep it short (but detailed)...
      I had first noticed that my audio sounded extremely muffled, and upon trying to figure out what was going on, I noticed I had a flashing odometer... Great...
      The first step I took was I had purchased AlfaOBD and an OBDLink MX Adapter.
      Next thing I did was pulled the codes on my BCM, which are:
      B162A - Left Low Beam Control (Circuit current below threshold)
      B162E - Right Low Beam Control (Circuit current below threshold)
      B2204 - ECU Configuration Mismatch (Not configured)
      (pictures attached of all)
      Next thing I did was performed a proxy alignment. Well actually I performed about 175,540 of them, but for the sake of it, I am going to start on #1. Performed a proxy alignment to try and fix the B2204 (the code causing the flashing odometer), but it did not seem to change anything.
      The next thing I did was try and fix the first 2 codes which are coming from installing LED Headlights onto my car. Thinking these may be the cause of the flashing odometer, I ripped those puppies out and installed my old dull and boring headlights, and then did a Proxy Alignment and BAM! Nothing happened, so I put back in my LEDs.
      Next thing I did was more research and came across this post: https://www.autoserviceprofessional....oftware-glitch. Upon checking my Dart, low and behold it was built before July 24th, 2012... So that was sorta a start...
      Completely disregarding what that post had said, I figured I may as well try and swap out my BCM to see if it may fix anything. So after many painstaking hours, and receiving plenty of those nice cuts you can only get by reaching your hand into places your hand is not supposed to be! I finally got the new (used) BCM in, which did nothing... Seriously... Gave me all the same errors I already had, so I just put my OEM one back in.
      Back to the drawing board again! I had came across a post (which I am unable to find the link to) saying that to clear codes in AlfaOBD, it had to be done in a special way, which is: Turn the key to the MAR position, clear the codes in AlfaOBD, take out the key, lock the doors using the Key Fab, and just wait... I had done that one night and made the first tiny bit of progress I had made since I had begun! I woke up the next morning and the WHOLE drive to work, my odometer was not flashing! My audio was still messed up, but hey I made a little progress!
      But then upon getting back in my car after work is was flashing again... F... I mean darn... Tried the same process I had mentioned above but was not able to make it stop flashing again after that.
      Next thing I did was contact a friend of a friend, who works at a dealership. He was able to give me a lot of information on what needs to be done, but alas I am unsure if AlfaOBD can do it all (yet). Here are a couple of things he has said:

"All modules and cars with the RA2 (not sure which one this is, I have the touchscreen but not the touchscreen with all the features) radio have to be at the latest update prior to doing a proxy alignment, along with the scan tool. After doing the proxy, go to the RFH Module, Misc Functions, BCM Immobilizer Replaced. If the scan tool instructs to do so, BCM Misc Functions, Proxy Alignment"

I then contacted the developer of AlfaOBD who had told me currently those functions are not available, but he will add them in the future.
      A couple of weeks or so later, I had noticed there was a new function in the Radio Frequency HUB which was called "BCM Replaced" (picture attached). I have yet to try it as I am unsure what exactly it does, and can not afford to explode my car... I like it...
      I have delayed taking it to a dealer since I trust NONE in my area, or the area around my area... I know when if I took it to one they would tell me my BCM is bad and I do not believe it is. The ONLY thing that is messed up is my audio (seriously! the one thing I would hate to lose the most!), and I believe if my BCM was bad a LOT more would be going wrong with my car... And I have been driving it for truthfully almost 3/4 of a year like this...

So there, that is what I have, what I have tried, and what I have been working with... If ANYONE has ideas, please feel free to say! I have also been told it could be something in my ECU or my Radio... But have yet to try anything with the 2...
      Attached Images Attached Images          

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      774 times
      Mentioned
      135 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Your problems started with the muffled radio. I think you need to get the RA2 updated. See if the dealership friend would be willing since that would have to be done by a dealer tech with access to the updates.
      The headlight codes are most likely from the LED headlights. The Ram forum people have a lot of posts about switching to LED lights. I looked at the Dart BCM car configuration changes in alfaOBD but did not see anything to reconfigure to LED headlights. There may be a resistor fix for that which people on this forum have done.
      If you did not replace the BCM, don't play with the RFH options unless your dealer tech friend sees that it must be done after the radio update.
      -Case

16 Dart SXT 2.0 TorRed stock
      16 Dart SE 2.0 Laser Blue Pearl stock
      98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
      95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
      18 Ram 1500 3.6 4x4 Std Cab Delmonico Red stock

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 True Blue Pearl Dodge Dart, 2.0 Special Edition SXT with Alpine Audio Package
      Mods
      Liked
      7 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by alpinegreenneon View Post
      Your problems started with the muffled radio. I think you need to get the RA2 updated. See if the dealership friend would be willing since that would have to be done by a dealer tech with access to the updates.
      The headlight codes are most likely from the LED headlights. The Ram forum people have a lot of posts about switching to LED lights. I looked at the Dart BCM car configuration changes in alfaOBD but did not see anything to reconfigure to LED headlights. There may be a resistor fix for that which people on this forum have done.
      If you did not replace the BCM, don't play with the RFH options unless your dealer tech friend sees that it must be done after the radio update.
      It looks like I may be able to update it on my own... I am going to check it out and see if I actually have an update.

It looks like an update for my Uconnect came out 1 month after I purchased my car... So there is no way it is updated then.
      Last edited by LuciliaePrincess; 07-05-2019 at 08:24 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      774 times
      Mentioned
      135 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      People on this forum have done the UConnect updates. Sometimes it doesn't work. If you had to do the "BCM replaced" in the RFH section, you would need the 4 digit PIN. There is a PIN puller app or you get it from a dealer.
      Last edited by alpinegreenneon; 07-05-2019 at 09:20 PM.
      -Case

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      7 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      People on this forum have done the UConnect updates. Sometimes it doesn't work. If you had to do the "BCM replaced" in the RFH section, you would need the 4 digit PIN. There is a PIN puller app or you get it from a dealer.
      Ok, so I have updated my radio successfully (which was about 4 years out of date), but it has not changed anything. I have spent the last hour trying to fix the headlight error message, since I figured I may as well try and get that fixed before trying to fix the BCM as that could very well be what is causing this whole mess. Read up on the ram forums and unfortunately there is no setting in the darts BCM like in the ram in alfaobd to change to led headlights... I have attached a couple pictures of the only things close. I am just trying to think of any possibily as to what would cause this, and since I got this error about a month after installing my LEDs (I know it's quite a bit of time but it's the only thing close), I am trying to think of those as a possibility to. It would also explain why the proxy does not work since the led error code gets thrown pretty much the whole time my car is started... Has anyone else successfully swapped there dart to leds? I am seriously debating if I want to take them out and try it without them for a while... it may be a start since I am getting nowhere as of now...

Edit:
      Doing a little digging I was able to find another post of an individual having ALMOST the same issue as me. https://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dod...#/topics/50393
      I have NOT replaced my battery recently, but I do remember that the day this all started was the day where i live had hit record low temperatures (like -40 low). My bluetooth IS also working just fine. Apart from those the audio/speaker problem is the exact same. Anyone know anything about what serious cold can do to mess a BCM up...
      Last edited by LuciliaePrincess; 07-06-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      7 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Name:  Screenshot_20190710-222006_AlfaOBD.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  896.8 KB

Deciding to look through all my BCM settings, could this possibly be a fix? I decided to take some screenshots of all my settings and I noticed that the "Acoustic Configuration" is set to 6 speakers... my car has 10. I'm unsure of what the other settings are, as I haven't been back out to my car to check, or even what that setting does... I'll update this post after I take a look. Any ideas?

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      774 times
      Mentioned
      135 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Try it. You can always change it back. Copy your current configuration as explained on the Ram forum.
      -Case

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      7 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Try it. You can always change it back. Copy your current configuration as explained on the Ram forum.
      Name:  Screenshot_20190711-202840_AlfaOBD.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  632.7 KBName:  Screenshot_20190711-202842_AlfaOBD.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  651.1 KBName:  Screenshot_20190711-203204_AlfaOBD.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  646.6 KBName:  Screenshot_20190711-203511_AlfaOBD.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  646.7 KB

Looking through them again I also noticed theres an audio system type. I've searched for all the different options of both settings and haven't been able to find anything... I have tried both 12ch options which did nothing since the repair manual mentions the alpine system using a 12 channel amp

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      774 times
      Mentioned
      135 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Not everything listed in the pull downs pertains to the Dart. Ram folks have already determined that for the Ram. You definitely don't have just 6 speakers. Perhaps the problem is the amp. The PROXI's you have done may have switched the setting to 6 speakers to compensate. I wonder if anyone here with alfaOBD and a working 10 speaker audio system can check what settings that they have and post the result?

From the FSM:
      "12 channel 506 watts amplifier located under the instrument panel to the right of the glove box"
      -Case

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      7 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Not everything listed in the pull downs pertains to the Dart. Ram folks have already determined that for the Ram. You definitely don't have just 6 speakers. Perhaps the problem is the amp. The PROXI's you have done may have switched the setting to 6 speakers to compensate. I wonder if anyone here with alfaOBD and a working 10 speaker audio system can check what settings that they have and post the result?

From the FSM:
      "12 channel 506 watts amplifier located under the instrument panel to the right of the glove box"
      Ok this is the first progress I have gotten since working on this! Instead of going into my BCM, I decided to go Into my RADIO and I found this!
      Now how do I fix it... i checked the service repair manual and typing in that code came up with nothing...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links