Blinking Odometer and Radio Issue
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on Blinking Odometer and Radio Issue within the Dodge Dart Electronics forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; Hey there! I own a 2013 SXT 1.4T with just under 90K miles and about 3months ago I started noticing that whenever the outside air ...

User Tag List

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Hey there!

I own a 2013 SXT 1.4T with just under 90K miles and about 3months ago I started noticing that whenever the outside air temperature was above 70F, my radio would not turn on. Instead, the backlight would blink on and off. I also noticed that whenever this would happen, my odometer would flash continuously. One thing to notice is that whenever temperatures were low, I’d have no issues at all.

I have read somewhere the flashing odometer could mean a “proxy reset” was needed. Although I have to admit I don’t really know what that means. ( I’m assuming a computer reset?)

I have checked all fuses and none of them seemed to be blown. I also tried a radio reset (Holding power button plus the eject button but it did not work).

I will take the car to the dealership but I wanted to see if anyone had any similar issues and knew what the fix was. Just so I have an idea where the problem lies.

Here is a quick video of the issues I described, it’s a little dark but you’ll get the idea.

Thank you for your help!

Newb
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 sxt ralley
      Liked
      6 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      You can do a proxy with alfa obd and the Mx adapter. The flashing shouldn't hurt you for the time being it still collects miles. The radio is probably dying on you. My wifes has done it on and off for a year. I have a new Kenwood to install this week. You can try disconnecting the battery that worked a few times. At this point the only fix I have found is to disconnect the radio and plug it back in. Sometimes last a day, a week or a month. Just a crapshoot

Sponsored Links