ALFAOBD (Advanced diagnostics through OBD2, DIY Proxy Allignment) - Page 35
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

ALFAOBD (Advanced diagnostics through OBD2, DIY Proxy Allignment)

This is a discussion on ALFAOBD (Advanced diagnostics through OBD2, DIY Proxy Allignment) within the Dodge Dart Electronics forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; Yeah, did some reading and the + has all the features of the regular MX + a few more. The most notable prob being that ...

User Tag List

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    Like Tree66Likes

Thread: ALFAOBD (Advanced diagnostics through OBD2, DIY Proxy Allignment)

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 1.4l Turbo 6-spd manual Citrus Peal
      Liked
      394 times
      Mentioned
      37 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Yeah, did some reading and the + has all the features of the regular MX + a few more.

The most notable prob being that it allows iOS devices to be used, so Apple compatible.
      First mod ; Boost and AFR gauges
      -AGS Delete
      -Big FMIC
      -2 1/2" custom charge pipes
      -Custom (1 off) GTX2060 turbo
      -Custom 3" CAI

My 40mpg summer DD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I know this is rather old, but did anything get figured out with this? After doing my last proxy alignment, I got MIL on for no crank sensor learned. I ran the diagnostic "test" of timing sensor and/or cam replacement. All that did was make the check engine light flash several times, but the light is still on. I've tried clearing all codes, doing another proxy alignment, ect all to no avail. Is there something I'm missing??
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      734 times
      Mentioned
      130 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Did you replace anything before getting the code? It wants a relearn.

Select Dodge/Ram. Select engine. Select control unit Marelli 1.4 MultiAir. Go to the Fiat open hood icon. Under procedure to perform, select Timing sensor and/or cam replacement and start. That should do the relearn.

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM) / Diagnosis and Testing

P0315-00-NO CRANK SENSOR LEARNED

Theory of Operation

The Crankshaft Position System learn feature is used to calculate reference errors caused by slight tolerance variations in the crankshaft, target wheel and the crankshaft position sensors. The calculated error allows the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to accurately compensate for reference variations. The Crankshaft Position System variation compensating values are learned and stored in the PCM memory during a decel fuel shutoff event. If the CKP System variation values are not learned and stored in the PCM memory, DTC P0315 sets. If the actual crankshaft variation is not within the CKP systems window stored in the PCM, DTC P1300 sets and the values are not learned.

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored:

•This diagnostic runs continuously with the ignition on.

Set Conditions:

•The CKP system variation values are not stored in the PCM memory.

Default Actions:

•MIL light will illuminate.

Possible Causes

CRANK POSITION LEARN PROCEDURE NOT PERFORMED AND STORED IN THE PCM
      CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR
      POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE

1.PERFORM THE TLC RELEARN PROCEDURE

NOTE:
      The Clear Misfire TLC Miscellaneous Function must be performed using the scan tool anytime there has been a repair/replacement made to a powertrain system, for example: flywheel, valvetrain, camshaft and/or crankshaft sensors or related components.

1. Turn the ignition on.

2. With the scan tool, select PCM/Misc. Functions/Clear Misfire TLC and follow the on screen instructions.

NOTE:
      If a negative response is displayed after the Clear Misfire TLC procedure is performed, start the engine and perform the Clear Misfire TLC procedure over until the misfire monitor is cleared.

3. Start the engine and allow the coolant temperature to increase above 60°C (140°F).

4. With the scan tool, select Monitors / OBD II Monitors / Misfire Monitor Screen, and observe the Misfire Monitor Status.

5. Perform a 6000 rpm WOT stab and let the engine return to idle.

NOTE:
      The status should change from waiting to in progress, verifying that the misfire monitor is active and the learn procedure is complete.

Did the PCM complete the TLC Relearn procedure?

Yes

•Go To 2

No

•Start the process over until the Relearn procedure is completed.

2.CHECK FOR AN ACTIVE DTC

1. Turn the ignition off.

2. Turn the ignition on, engine not running.

3. With the scan tool, erase all DTCs.

4. Start the engine and allow it to idle.

5. With the scan tool, read DTCs and record on the repair order.

Is the DTC active or pending?

Yes

•Go To 3

No

•Repair is complete.

3.WIRE HARNESS INSPECTION

2. Visually inspect the CKP wire harness. Look for any chafed, pierced, pinched, or partially broken wires.

3. Visually inspect the CKP wire harness connectors. Look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.

4. Verify that there is good pin to terminal contact in the Crank Position Sensor and Powertrain Control Module connectors.

5. Ensure that the Crankshaft Position Sensor is properly installed and the mounting bolts are torqued to the proper specification.

Were any of the above conditions present?

Yes

•Repair as necessary
      •Perform the POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM) - Standard Procedure).

No

•Go To 4

4.TONE WHEEL/VIBRATION DAMPER INSPECTION

1. Remove the Crankshaft Position Sensor. (Refer to 14 - Fuel System/Fuel Injection/SENSOR, Crankshaft Position - Removal) .

2. Inspect the Tone Wheel/Flex Plate for damage, foreign material, or excessive movement.

Were any problems found?

Yes

•Repair or replace the Tone Wheel/Vibration Damper as necessary. (Refer to 09 - Engine/Engine Block/DAMPER, Vibration/Removal) .
      •Perform the POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM) - Standard Procedure).

No

•Go To 5

5.CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR

If there are no possible causes remaining, view repair.

Repair

•Replace the Crankshaft Position Sensor. (Refer to 14 - Fuel System/Fuel Injection/SENSOR, Crankshaft Position - Removal) .
      -Case

16 Dart SXT 2.0 TorRed stock
      16 Dart SE 2.0 Laser Blue Pearl stock
      98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
      95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
      18 Ram 1500 3.6 4x4 Std Cab Delmonico Red stock

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      No, I never replaced anything! I did what you said and as soon as I command it to start, it says it's finished and the check engine light flashes but is still on....

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Is there a procedure the timing sensor and/or cam replacement option is supposed to make the car run because my doesnt?? AS SOON as I hit the start but it IMMEDIATELY says procedure completed

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      734 times
      Mentioned
      130 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      That means the software part is not the problem. Verify the wiring to the crank sensor and cam sensor using a multimeter, check the tone wheel, and if those all check out, replace the crank sensor.
      -Case

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Everything checks out, so I guess I'm just gonna order a new sensor. Seems weird that doing a proxy alignment would lead to my crank sensor kicking the bucket 😂🤦‍♂️

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 True Blue Pearl Dodge Dart, 2.0 Special Edition SXT with Alpine Audio Package
      Mods
      Rear Spoiler, Lug Nut Conversion, LED Headlights
      Liked
      2 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I have been having a flashing odometer for the last couple months. Was hoping it would go away on its own but it does not seem to want to. It is code U0140-00 - LOST COMMUNICATION WITH BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM). I have heard I need to do a proxi alignment, which is what the flashing odometer means, but have a few questions redarding it.

Will a proxi alignment work with that code, as it is related to my BCM?
      Will the OBDLink MX+ work with AlfaOBD and to do a Proxi Alignment? I am just seeing on Amazon it is only $10 more than the MX, and if it can access a little more for just the slight rice difference, I would rather get that.
      Also, are the only things I need to purchase are the AlfaOBD app, and the Bluetooth OBDLink MX(+?)? I have been reading about adapters but am not sure if I need them?

Hope someone can help me! Looking to get this fixed soon as my speakers are all whacked out from whatever is wrong...

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      734 times
      Mentioned
      130 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      The PROXI should still work. Usually that code is intermittent and the PROXI might even get rid of it. Get the OBDLinkMX directly from the manufacturer as that is usually the lowest cost. The main advantage of the MX+ is that it will work with an I-phone but the alfaOBD app is only android or PC so you really don't need the MX+. You do not need any adapters. The PC version of alfaOBD is a little more complicated so if you have an android device, that is easier. I prefer an android phone over a tablet. You really don't need a bigger screen. Android devices update automatically through Playstore and the PC laptop version must be updated manually.

EDIT:
      Out of curiosity, I looked up U0140. One of the possible causes is a BCM not configured correctly.
      The diagnostic trees:

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Body Control (BCM) / Standard Procedure

COMMUNICATION PRE-DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE

Communication Pre-Diagnostic Procedure

1.CHECK FOR POSSIBLE CAUSES

NOTE: For an in-depth explanation of the CAN system operation, refer to the DESCRIPTION in Section 8E, COMMUNICATION.

1. Check Battery for proper State of Charge (SOC) and Charging System for proper operation. (Refer to 08 - Electrical/Charging/Diagnosis and Testing) .

2. With a scan tool, check all electronic Control Modules for battery and ignition voltage related DTCs.

3. Check for and perform all Service Bulletins that could be related to the customer complaint.

4. Check aftermarket accessories for proper installation. (Check for improper electrical connections and fasteners that may be contacting wire harnesses.)

5. With a scan tool, check all electronic Control Modules for software updates that are related to the customer complaint. Update Control Module(s) as necessary.

6. Check wire harnesses for collision related damage.

Were any problems found?

Yes

•Repair the problem as necessary.
      •With a scan tool, erase DTCs from the related electronic Control Modules and perform the appropriate VERIFICATION TEST. If a VERIFICATION TEST is not available for that module, perform the BCM VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) /Standard Procedure).

No

•Go To 2

2.CHECK ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULES FOR VEHICLE CONFIGURATION DTCS

NOTE:
      A Configuration DTC indicates that an Electronic Control Module (ECU) is not programmed with information that is specific to the vehicle (VIN, mileage, etc.). If an ECU is not configured properly, serial data communication failures could exist. The following list includes, but is not limited to, DTC descriptors that indicate a Configuration DTC.

•ECU Configuration Mismatch - Not Configured
      •ECU Unable To Configure
      •Implausible/Missing ECU Network Configuration Data
      •Implausible/Missing Vehicle Configuration Data
      •Implausible Vehicle Configuration
      •Incorrect Variant/Configuration
      •PROXI Not Programmed
      •Restore Vehicle Configuration
      •Vehicle Configuration Mismatch
      •Vehicle Configuration Not Programmed

1. With the scan tool, generate a Vehicle Scan Report.

2. With the Vehicle Scan Report, check all ECUs for Configuration DTCs.

Are any Configuration DTCs set?

Yes

•Configure the ECU(s) as necessary in accordance with the Service Information.
      •Perform the appropriate VERIFICATION TEST. If a VERIFICATION TEST is not available for that electronic Control Module, perform the BCM VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) /Standard Procedure).

No

•Go To 3

3.CHECK ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULES FOR ACTIVE COMMUNICATION RELATED DTCS

1. Refer to the Vehicle Scan Report.

Are any Communication related DTCs active?

Yes

•Go To 4

No

•Go To 5

4.CHECK ACTIVE DTCS

Refer to the Vehicle Scan Report.

NOTE: Diagnose Lost Communication DTCs (not to be confused with CAN Bus Off or Can Bus Performance DTCs) before diagnosing other CAN related DTCs.

Which type of Communication DTC is active?

Lost Communication

•Go To 7

Implausible Data, Implausible Signal, Missing Message, or Invalid Data

•Go To 9

5.CHECK STORED DTCS

NOTE: Diagnose all Lost Communication DTCs before diagnosing other CAN related DTCs.

Which type of Communication DTC is stored?

Lost Communication

•Perform the STORED LOST COMMUNICATION DTCS procedure. (Refer to 29 - Non-DTC Diagnostics/Communication/Diagnosis and Testing) .

Implausible Data, Implausible Signal, Missing Message, or Invalid Data

•Go To 6

6.CHECK OFFENDING CONTROL MODULE FOR DTCS

NOTE: The ‘Offending Control Module’ is the module that the Implausible DTC is set against.

Are any DTCs set in the Offending Control Module?

Yes

•Refer to the appropriate diagnostic procedure.

No

•Go To 11

7.CHECK FOR MULTIPLE LOST COMMUNICATION DTCS

Choose the scenario that best describes the condition of the vehicle from the list below:

One module is reporting a Lost Communication DTC against a single Control Module.

•Go To 8

Multiple Control Modules are reporting a Lost Communication DTC against a single Control Module.

•Perform the NO RESPONSE diagnostic procedure for the Control Module that is not communicating. (Refer to 29 - Non-DTC Diagnostics/Communication/Diagnosis and Testing) .

8.CHECK OFFENDING CONTROL MODULE FOR COMMUNICATION

NOTE: The ‘Offending Control Module’ is the module that the Loss of Communication DTC is set against.

Is the Offending Control Module active on the bus?

Yes

•Replace the Reporting Control Module in accordance with the Service Information.
      •Perform the appropriate VERIFICATION TEST. If a VERIFICATION TEST is not available for that Control Module, perform the BCM VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) /Standard Procedure).

No

•Perform the NO RESPONSE diagnostic procedure for the module that is not communicating. (Refer to 29 - Non-DTC Diagnostics/Communication/Diagnosis and Testing) .

9.CHECK OFFENDING CONTROL MODULE FOR DTCS

NOTE: The ‘Offending Control Module’ is the module that the Implausible Data, Implausible Signal, Missing Message, or Invalid Data DTC is set against.

With the scan tool, check the Offending Control Module for non-U-code DTCs that are related to the U-code that is set, or related to the customer complaint if the U-code DTC name is not clear about which signal is faulted.

Yes

•Refer to the appropriate diagnostic procedure.

No

•Go To 10

10.CHECK OTHER CONTROL MODULES FOR RELATED NON U-CODE DTCS

NOTE: IMPORTANT: Some Control Modules simply pass information from one Control Module to the other. In some cases, a U-code DTC may be set that implicates the “pass-through” module that sent the information. For example, if an Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor DTC is set in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), the HVAC module may set an “Implausible Data from BCM” DTC because the BCM is the module that normally passes that information from the PCM to the HVAC module. However, the BCM may not set any DTCs related to the faulted ECT Sensor because the BCM does not use the ECT information. In this case, the PCM ECT DTC should be diagnosed before the Implausible Data DTC. If you suspect a scenario like this, diagnose the non U-code DTC(s) before diagnosing any Implausible Data, Implausible Signal, Invalid Data, or Missing Message DTCs.

1. With the scan tool, check all other Control Modules for non-U-code DTCs that are related to the U-code that is set, or related to the customer complaint if the U-code DTC name is not clear about which signal is faulted.

Is a related non U-code DTC set in another Control Module?

Yes

•Diagnose the related DTC. Refer to the appropriate Diagnostic Procedure.

No

•Replace the Offending Control Module in accordance with the Service Information.
      •Perform the appropriate VERIFICATION TEST. If a VERIFICATION TEST is not available for that module, perform the BCM VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) /Standard Procedure).

11.CHECK RELATED WIRE HARNESS CONNECTIONS

1. Disconnect all related wire harness connectors.

2. Disconnect all related in-line wire harness connections (if equipped).

3. Inspect wire harness connectors, component connectors, and all male and female terminals for the following conditions:
      •Proper connector installation.
      •Damaged connector locks.
      •Corrosion.
      •Signs of water intrusion.
      •Weather seal damage (if equipped).
      •Bent terminals.
      •Overheating due to a poor connection (terminal may be discolored due to excessive current draw).
      •Terminals that have been pushed back into the connector cavity.
      •Perform a terminal drag test on each connector terminal to verify proper terminal tension.

Repair any conditions that are found.

4. Reconnect all related wire harness connectors. Be certain that all wire harness connectors are fully seated and the connector locks are fully engaged.

5. Reconnect all in-line wire harness connectors (if equipped). Be certain that all connectors are fully seated and the connector locks are fully engaged.

6. With the scan tool, erase DTCs.

7. Using the Vehicle Scan Report, operate the vehicle in the conditions that set the DTC.

8. With the scan tool, read DTCs.

Did the DTC return?

Yes

•If there is a history of this DTC setting multiple times, replace the Offending Control Module in accordance with the Service Information.
      •Perform the appropriate VERIFICATION TEST. If a VERIFICATION TEST is not available for that Control Module, perform the BCM VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) /Standard Procedure).

No

•Test complete.

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM) / Diagnosis and Testing

U0140-00-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM)

Perform the COMMUNICATION PRE-DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) /Standard Procedure).

•When Monitored:
      Continuously when the ignition is on.

The battery voltage between 10 and 16 Volts.

Body Control Module (BCM) is configured correctly.

•Set Condition:
      Bus messages not received from the Body Control Module (BCM) for approximately two to five seconds.

Possible Causes

CAN BUS CIRCUITS OPEN OR SHORTED
      DTCS RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES
      BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) POWER AND GROUND
      BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY
      BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM)
      MODULE THAT SET THIS DTC

VERIFY THE DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) IS ACTIVE

NOTE: Make sure the battery is fully charged before proceeding.

1. Turn the ignition on.

2. With the scan tool, read the active DTCs.

Does the scan tool display: U0140-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH BODY CONTROL MODULE?

Yes

•(Refer to 29 - Non-DTC Diagnostics/Communication - Diagnosis and Testing) and perform the NO RESPONSE FROM BCM (BODY CONTROL MODULE) diagnostic procedure.

No

•(Refer to 29 - Non-DTC Diagnostics/Communication - Diagnosis and Testing) and perform the Stored Lost Communication DTCs diagnostic procedure.

29 - Non-DTC Diagnostics / Communication / Diagnosis and Testing

NO RESPONSE FROM BCM (BODY CONTROL MODULE)

Name:  dartU0140schematic.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  30.0 KB

Possible Causes

FUSED B(+) CIRCUITS OPEN OR SHORTED
      (Z911) GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN
      (D45) CAN C BUS (+) CIRCUIT OPEN
      (D46) CAN C BUS (-) CIRCUIT OPEN
      BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM)

1.TEST FOR INTERMITTENT CONDITION

NOTE: If the scan tool is unable to identify the vehicle, a CAN C bus concern may be present. (Refer to 29 - Non-DTC Diagnostics/Communication - Diagnosis and Testing) and perform the CAN C BUS NO RESPONSE diagnostic procedure.

NOTE: Check for any TSB(s) related to the condition. If a TSB applies, perform the procedure outlined in the TSB before continuing.

1. Turn the ignition on.

NOTE: Make sure the battery voltage is between 10.0 and 16.0 volts.

2. With the scan tool, read the module status.

NOTE: Check the BCM for any active CAN hardware DTCs, perform DTC before proceeding.

Does the scan tool indicate that the module is active on the bus?

Yes

•The no response condition is not present at this time. Using the wiring diagram/schematic as a guide, inspect the wiring for chafed, pierced, pinched, and partially broken wires and the wiring harness connectors for broken, bent, pushed out, and corroded terminals.
      •Perform the BODY VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) - Standard Procedure).

No

•Go To 2

2.CHECK THE FUSED B(+) CIRCUITS FOR AN OPEN OR SHORT CIRCUIT

2. Using the wiring diagrams as a guide, disconnect the appropriate BCM harness connectors that house the Fused B(+) circuits.

3. Using a 12-volt test light connected to ground, check each Fused B(+) circuit.

Does the test light illuminate brightly for each circuit?

Yes

•Go To 3

No

•Repair the open or short in the applicable Fused B(+) circuit.
      •Perform the BODY VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) - Standard Procedure).

3.CHECK THE (Z914) GROUND CIRCUITS FOR AN OPEN

1. Using a 12-volt test light connected to 12-volts, check the (Z914) Ground circuits.

Does the test light illuminate brightly for each circuit?

Yes

•Go To 4

No

•Repair the open in the (Z914) Ground circuit(s).

4.CHECK THE (D45) AND (D46) CAN C BUS (+) CIRCUITS FOR AN OPEN

2. Disconnect the CAN C Body C8 Star Connector.

3. Measure the resistance of the (D45) CAN C Bus (+) circuit between the CAN C Body C8 Star Connector and the BCM C4 harness connector.

4. Measure the resistance of the (D46) CAN C Bus (-) circuit between the CAN C Body C8 Star Connector and the BCM C4 harness connector.

Are the resistances below 5.0 Ohms?

Yes

•Replace the BCM in accordance with the Service Information. (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8E - Electronic Control Modules/MODULE, Body Control - Removal) .

No

•Repair the open in the (D45) CAN C Bus (+) or (D46) CAN C Bus (-) circuit.

29 - Non-DTC Diagnostics / Communication / Diagnosis and Testing

STORED LOST COMMUNICATION DTCS

•When Monitored:
      With the ignition on for at least five seconds.

Battery voltage between 10 and 16 volts.

Body Control Module (BCM) is configured correctly.

•Set Condition:
      Bus messages not received for approximately two to five seconds.

Possible Causes

CAN C BUS CIRCUITS OPEN OR SHORT
      CAN C INTERIOR BUS CIRCUITS OPEN OR SHORT
      DTCS RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES
      BCM NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY
      POWER OR GROUND FROM THE REPORTING MODULE
      MODULE THAT SET THIS DTC
      PREVIOUS SERVICE PERFORMED WITHIN THE LAST 100 KEY CYCLES (FUSE/RELAYS REMOVED, WIRING SERVICE, BATTERY DISCONNECT)
      LOW BATTERY/JUMP START CONDITION
      CHECK FOR RELATED TSBS

1.VERIFY DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) IS STORED

NOTE: Stored faults may indicate a customer perceived intermittent condition.

NOTE: Make sure the battery voltage is between 10 and 16 volts before proceeding.

1. Turn the ignition on.

2. With the scan tool, read stored DTCs.

Is this DTC stored?

Yes

•Go To 2

No

•Go to and perform the appropriate diagnostic procedure.

2.CHECK THE ENVIRONMENTAL DATA

1. With the scan tool, read the loss of communication environmental data.

Does the loss of communication environmental odometer data match up to any of the previous service procedures listed in the possible causes or are there any stored CAN C hardware electrical, battery, ignition voltage, VIN missing/mismatch, or BCM configuration DTCs present with matching environmental data?

Yes

•These DTCs may have been the result of other service procedures performed. Clear the DTCs.

No

•Go To 3

3.VERIFY INTERMITTENT LOST COMMUNICATION DTC - WIRING CONCERNS

1. With the scan tool, read all DTCs.

Is there more than one ECU with stored DTCs “Logged Against” the module and one or more lost communication DTCs stored in the offending module?

Yes

•Verify if the vehicle was recently in for this type of service. Otherwise, visually inspect the related wiring harness for chafed, pierced, pinched, and partially broken wires and the wiring harness connectors for broken, bent, pushed out, and corroded terminals. Repair as necessary.

No

•Go To 4

4.VERIFY INTERMITTENT LOST COMMUNICATION DTC - OFFENDING MODULE

Is there more than one ECU with stored DTCs “Logged Against” the module and NO lost communication DTCs stored in the offending module?

Yes

•Check for a TSB related to this offending module.

No

•Go To 5

5.VERIFY INTERMITTENT LOST COMMUNICATION DTC - REPORTING MODULE

Is there ONLY ONE ECU with stored DTCs “Logged Against” the module?

Yes

•Check for a TSB related to the module that set this DTC.

No

•Verify if the vehicle was recently in for this type of service. Otherwise, visually inspect the related wiring harness for chafed, pierced, pinched, and partially broken wires and the wiring harness connectors for broken, bent, pushed out, and corroded terminals. Repair as necessary.
      Last edited by alpinegreenneon; 03-04-2019 at 11:33 AM.
      -Case

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 True Blue Pearl Dodge Dart, 2.0 Special Edition SXT with Alpine Audio Package
      Mods
      Rear Spoiler, Lug Nut Conversion, LED Headlights
      Liked
      2 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by alpinegreenneon View Post
      The PROXI should still work. Usually that code is intermittent and the PROXI might even get rid of it. Get the OBDLinkMX directly from the manufacturer as that is usually the lowest cost. The main advantage of the MX+ is that it will work with an I-phone but the alfaOBD app is only android or PC so you really don't need the MX+. You do not need any adapters. The PC version of alfaOBD is a little more complicated so if you have an android device, that is easier. I prefer an android phone over a tablet. You really don't need a bigger screen. Android devices update automatically through Playstore and the PC laptop version must be updated manually.
      I have my Galaxy Note 9, so sounds like I should be good in that department! Thank you so much, and looks like I will just be picking up the MX in hopes I can get everything back to normal.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Sponsored Links