Audio plans - Page 4
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Audio plans

This is a discussion on Audio plans within the Dodge Dart Electronics forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; very cool! thanks for taking the time to do this. do you have any recomendations on a good speaker that will put out some bass? ...

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Audio plans

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 dodge dart limited 1.4 multiair turbo
      Liked
      138 times
      Mentioned
      16 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      very cool! thanks for taking the time to do this. do you have any recomendations on a good speaker that will put out some bass? i put some 50 dollar kickers in the dash and the highs are really good. id like to up the bass a bit if i could. i wish my car had the sub in it.
      2013 dodge dart limited 1.4t
      hpsi tuner -----sold
      k&n typhoon------sold
      rage 20's 17X8's----sold
      racetrack tails --------sold
      husky liner floor mats
      weathertech inchannel window vents----availible
      mpx ported tb-------sold

1969 dodge charger R/T SE
      4speed, 440 (.055 over)
      dana 60 4.10's
      too much to list

2003 dodge ram 2500 (slightly warmed over hemi)

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart SXT ( Her car ) 2015 Dodge Dart GT( My car )
      Mods
      Viper Remote Start Alarm More to follow...
      Liked
      91 times
      Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Two words for you. Dedicated Subwoofer.

Hope this helps...

j
      audiostylz likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      '13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4L Turbo
      Mods
      Injen CAI, Vent Visors, and GFB DV+
      Liked
      74 times
      Mentioned
      10 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by chlngr1970 View Post
      Two words for you. Dedicated Subwoofer.

Hope this helps...

j
      I have to agree with @chlngr1970 about a dedicated sub for the low end. The 9 speaker Alpine audio system isn't anything to write home about. I've heard a 6" sub setup all be it aftermarket sound twice as good as any decent premium stock system with a sub output.

I planned on using my Dual 10" ported box setup with my 800 wrms amp but opted to use my 12" Eclipse sealed box sub mainly for the space difference.

As for the 6x9s, I can't really suggest anything. I came from a vehicle that used 6.5" that produced very little bass output. I can say that I'm currently looking at the Incriminator Audio I69 6x9s to use in my car. That brand is currently the world record holders at world finals with a record holding 182.1db last Sept.
      chlngr1970 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      74 times
      Mentioned
      10 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Also I used the Kicker CS354 speakers in my dash ($40 set), they really brought life to the stock audio system. I imagine the stock dash speakers would have sounded better had that little resistor been by passed but I'm not sure it would have taken too much low end punishment though. I've seen computer speakers built better then these stock speakers in the Dart.
      chlngr1970 likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      74 times
      Mentioned
      10 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Okay. It's been just shy of a month since my last update.

I'm still not sure on which 6x9's I want to run in my doors. I've seen some great reviews for the NVX 6x9s as well as a bunch of other brands. I'm not even sure about the Kicker 3.5s I already have in the dash.

I've been looking at subs a little harder then 6x9s though. I have a 800x1 @1ohm amp so I've been looking for a 600-800wrms Dual 2 ohm sub in a 8-12" range for a ported box. Getting the bass back has been on my priority list! Bought a bass control knob for my amp a few weeks ago.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      74 times
      Mentioned
      10 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      So I finally made another upgrade, well not quite yet. I just bought a pair of MB Quart OKC169 speakers. I was looking at Kicker and Alpine but after hearing a set of MB Quart 6.5s in a co-workers car I decided to go with the OKC169. I have all the treble I could ever want with the Kicker 3.5s and their titanium tweeters so I wanted to go with silk dome 2 ways for the front and rear doors. I only bought 1 set of 6x9s for now but in a few weeks I'll buy the other set.

Once I get both pairs of 6x9s installed I'll then decide if I need to add a dedicated sub to my system. I suspect I will need to. Looking to run a single 10 or 12 in a ported box but that will be in a few months time.

Really like what I heard in my co-workers car and the 6x9s should sound just as good if not better. Also I got these for $50 shipped, I have them listed at $80 in the search I performed a month ago from a particular website. Store retail is $125 a pair. Can't wait to get these!

One last thing. I will most likely be revisiting my 3.5" speaker decision with the Kicker DS354. Looking at JL Audio 3.5s with silk dome tweeters, Looking to go on a sound quality direction with this audio system.
      Last edited by audiostylz; 05-10-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is a Car Audio Guru

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye
      Liked
      263 times
      Mentioned
      26 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by audiostylz View Post
      So I finally made another upgrade, well not quite yet. I just bought a pair of MB Quart OKC169 speakers. I was looking at Kicker and Alpine but after hearing a set of MB Quart 6.5s in a co-workers car I decided to go with the OKC169. I have all the treble I could ever want with the Kicker 3.5s and their titanium tweeters so I wanted to go with silk dome 2 ways for the front and rear doors. I only bought 1 set of 6x9s for now but in a few weeks I'll buy the other set.

Once I get both pairs of 6x9s installed I'll then decide if I need to add a dedicated sub to my system. I suspect I will need to. Looking to run a single 10 or 12 in a ported box but that will be in a few months time.

Really like what I heard in my co-workers car and the 6x9s should sound just as good if not better. Also I got these for $50 shipped, I have them listed at $80 in the search I performed a month ago from a particular website. Store retail is $125 a pair. Can't wait to get these!

One last thing. I will most likely be revisiting my 3.5" speaker decision with the Kicker DS354. Looking at JL Audio 3.5s with silk dome tweeters, Looking to go on a sound quality direction with this audio system.
      Haven't been much of a fan of MB Quart since they got bought out by MaxxSonics...same company that make Hifonics and Crunch

but share with us how they sound once you get them in.

Also if you are going with sound quality...you will want a sealed box over ported...just sayin

I'm guessing you are referring to the C2 series for the JL 3.5's since those are the ones with the silk tweeters...I think those are a bit overkill. but to each his own. Just don't use the TR350's. I don't know what is up with this whole series, but it sounds nothing like the quality you expect for a company like JL, really harsh sounding speakers...if I had to compare them with anything probably be a set of pioneer or alpine type-e speakers.
      Blue Demon Build Thread

Current Major Mods:
      20% Tint
      Full LED Conversion
      Full MOPAR Body Kit
      Deyeme Racing Hood Lift and Tow Loop Kit
      Flowmaster HP-2 Muffler to Y Pipe Dual Exhuast (Resonator&Muffler Delete)
      HPSI CAI Blue w/ Blue Filter (First Blue CAI Produced)
      Flat Black Roof and Demon Tribute Stripes

Major Mods Coming Soon:
      RRM Spectrum Tuner & Pulley
      Progressive Rear Sway Bar
      Bwoody End Links
      HPSI Ram Air Tube
      Flat Black Hood
      PowerStop Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      74 times
      Mentioned
      10 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by BlueDemon View Post
      Haven't been much of a fan of MB Quart since they got bought out by MaxxSonics...same company that make Hifonics and Crunch

but share with us how they sound once you get them in.

Also if you are going with sound quality...you will want a sealed box over ported...just sayin

I'm guessing you are referring to the C2 series for the JL 3.5's since those are the ones with the silk tweeters...I think those are a bit overkill. but to each his own. Just don't use the TR350's. I don't know what is up with this whole series, but it sounds nothing like the quality you expect for a company like JL, really harsh sounding speakers...if I had to compare them with anything probably be a set of pioneer or alpine type-e speakers.
      I used to work at the Maxxsonics warehouse located in Lake Zurich, IL so I saw everything Hifonics, Crunch, Autotek, and MB Quart had to offer and I also got to see which lines had the worst returns for failure. Been a fan of MB Quart for a long time but never actually used them in any of my setups. I have a set of 4" components which I never used unfortunately. I did use them in my home system for 8-10 months and they sounded great the entire time. If the 6x9s sound the same then I'll be a very happy person.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is down with Plato and Socrates
      and I like to get busy with
      all the ladies

Vehicle
      2016 VW Jetta Sport 1.8 TSI
      Mods
      Driver mod
      Liked
      232 times
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by BlueDemon View Post
      Haven't been much of a fan of MB Quart since they got bought out by MaxxSonics...same company that make Hifonics and Crunch.
      I'm with you on this one. It's a shame how much the product degrades each model cycle. There's only so much shiny plastic you can use to dress up a weak single slug motor and fancy color scheme to distract you from the paper thin voice coil's lack of cooling. The theile small parameters tell the real story.
      16 VW Jetta Sport 1.8 TSI 5mt
      13 Dart Rallye Laguna Blue 1.4T/6mt 1 of 3

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      74 times
      Mentioned
      10 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Well if I don't like them I can always look at another options. I've never been unhappy with MB Quart in the past. The MB Quart 6.5s I heard in a co-workers car who just installed them 2 weeks ago sounded great, lacking overall true bass but the mid bass I thought sounded good IMO. He did have a Kicker L7 8" in a ported box, the whole setup sounded great!

Well they came in today so tomorrow I will be installing them in the front doors. I'll do a test with the factory + Kickers with a couple songs then install the MB Quart then redo the test and see if I hear any difference. Should be clearer with more dynamic sound.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links