Dodge Dart Forum banner

Power mirror issue

15K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Agnotsel 
#1 ·
Greetings:

I bought a 2013 Dart SE at the beginning of March this year. Everything in the car works except the power mirrors. Any suggestions as to how I can figure out if it is the switch or the actual mirrors. According to what I have found so far there isn't a fuse just for the mirrors so if that is the case then what methods of testing are available to narrow down the problem.

Thanks.

#4 ·
It's not a fuse. If you have a multimeter, test the wiring and switch for continuity and voltage.

#5 ·
Fuse 53 on the BCM is for the power mirrors.

Reactions: Bullfrog
#6 ·
@ josh16 is correct. Fuse 53 could be the problem. The triangle with a "B" under fuse 53 does go to the triangle "B" to the switch. Pop the switch from the armrest and see if there are 12 volts at that red wire in Pin 9 of the connector.

Text Line Font Design

Vehicle Car Leather Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Gear shift Vehicle door Auto part Center console Hand

#8 ·
Did you ever find a solution to your problem. I am having the same issue. Neither mirror adjusters work. I've tried a new window switch and a different lh mirror that I had.
Windows and locks work, But not the mirrors. I've checked fuse 88 in the power distribution center, and fuse 53 in the body control module. I am lost on what to check next...
The spare mirror that I tried is actually off of a GT with turn signal and puddle lamp. When I plugged it in, the puddle lamp works, so I know that I'm actually getting some type of power to the mirror itself. Just neither mirror will move...

#9 ·
Hi

I have problems with right power mirror ... left side work fine

i thought it was bad mirror and swaped for new one... didnt work ... then i thought it was the main switch control and again swaped for new one and guess what... didnt work either.

checked all fuses and everything is fine. Anyone one here had this same problem?... need help.

Sorry my english

#10 ·
Are you testing the individual wires for voltage and continuity with a multimeter? Use the schematic I posted for identifying wire colors.

#11 ·
Not too much info on a solution for the power mirror problem. I bought a 2015 SXT and 6 days later realized the power mirrors would not work. Neither left or right operate at all. Everything else on the panel works properly. The dealership that I purchased it from could not find an resolution so they sent it to the dodge dealership. The Dodge dealership said it was a $1200 repair. I believe by replacing a control panel under dash. It runs and drives perfectly but I bought this as my daughters first car. I have checked the fuse under hood and there is power at the master panel. Any ideas or added questions to target an area better?? Thanks.

#12 ·
From the schematic, the BCM controls the special functions like turn signals in the mirrors. The door switch panels get 12 volts from the BCM. You can check for 12 Volts at fuse 53 on the BCM and at the door switch panels. If the red wire has 12 volts, and the mirrors don't adjust, it's the switch not the BCM. You should be able to find that switch panel at a self serve junkyard. Check your local yard inventory before you make the trip. It's very easy to pry out the switch panel.

#13 ·
you MAY be able to locate some cross compatible window switches as well from jeeps. I was looking at one point for a switch controller that would turn off the mirrors so they didnt move if the buttons were bumped and i noticed jeep had the same look and style of window switches as we do. I cant find my notes to see if the connectors are the same but it may be something someone can pick up on.

Remember car MFG's do try to reuse parts across models to save money.

#14 ·
A member PMed me about his power mirrors. The door harness connector was very corroded. Here are some pics:

It's a 50 way connector that should not have corroded like this. Something to check if your power mirrors or anything else in the door does not work. Here is the pinout for the drivers door:

#16 ·
That is the exact problem with my Dart. The 50 pin is corroded. The dealership that I bought the car from is cleaning up the pin connection. It looks that there is no weatherproof gasket or way to keep water out. I'm sure I'll add some electrical connector grease for the pins. Pretty ridiculous for a car with 47k on it. Thanks for the input everyone. Case solved.

#17 ·
Anyone else have this problem? I have the exact same issue that was supposedly covered while the car was under warranty, now the same issue is happening again and I was told they will not cover it under warranty because it is the "other side of the connector". Apparently they replaced some corroded pins on the driver side door connector, but did not repair or clean the female connector on the body side. How do you get corrosion on male pins that are inserted into the female receptacle and not have corrosion on the female side? I opened a case with dodge customer care two days ago. I am waiting to hear back.

#19 ·
Different trim levels can have more or fewer wires in the harness. The pinout shows a fully populated connector. Most connectors can be disassembled so it should be possible to add or subtract wires. You can go to the Mopar connector site to see if the connectors are the same for the years you are looking at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.