List of problems keep on growing....
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on List of problems keep on growing.... within the Dodge Dart Electrical Problems forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Pit Row category; So last night i went to remote start my 16 SE and it started normally then about 30 seconds later it shut off. i went ...

User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes
    • 2 Post By Bullfrog
    • 2 Post By dad's dart
    • 3 Post By alpinegreenneon
    • 1 Post By dartin.around

Thread: List of problems keep on growing....

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dart se
      Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

So last night i went to remote start my 16 SE and it started normally then about 30 seconds later it shut off. i went to investigate and i started it up normally with the key but then my CEL come on as well as the traction control/ESC light was on i tried getting the code from it and no luck as i went to drive off it decided to let me know the airbags needs to be serviced but that went off after i got onto the highway but came back on multiple times during my trip as i turned off the highway i noticed the digital speedometer was fine but the analog would be jumpy and play catch up as i slow down and noticed the same at a stop sign from only 20 mph that was gone this morning. i didn't notice anything else wrong so after i got to where i needed to go i parked it for the night. i started it up this morning to go to class and the lights came back on. Later as i was on my way to autozone to get the codes read i was stopped at a light on a hill and went i went to cross the intersection the vehicle stuttered and i felt a loss of power and after that the car has been hugging the left side when i break from anything about 35 mph after i got the codes read they printed it out, this is what i got Attachment 88105 after a visit to the dealer they gave me an appointment on the 21st and basically told me they wont do anything until then unless the CEL flashes. i took the appointment and thought of nothing else of it till i just got in again and noticed my miles had JUMPED BACKWARDS to what it was a few days ago on the odometer itself, the miles/hour tracker as well as my oil life reseted completely back to 100% figured id call around tomorrow to the other dodge dealers and see what can be done sooner as it seems to be getting worse. About a month ago i had a recall for the wiper system which was taken car of the same time i had remote start installed and haven't had an issue until last night. here are also some photos of the cluster both moving and stoppedName:  17195335_1062982453807889_1782478368_o.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  56.1 KBName:  17229905_1062982477141220_1268439000_o.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  61.5 KB
      ill make sure to keep this updated as i find out whats going on, if anyone else has experienced this feel free to let me know so im not paranoid driving my 64 mile daily drive everywhere.

edit: i have also noticed the car shift pattern is different as it tends to shift to early or much later than normal, when its in the select shift it changes no problem which i dont have a problem with at least i can have some fun still.
      Last edited by dartin.around; 03-08-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is Looking for 7th gear

Vehicle
      2014 Dart SE Blue Streak 6 speed
      Mods
      CAI, STS, Rear trans mount, CU plugs, RRM pulley,
      Liked
      2404 times
      Mentioned
      497 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      When was the last time you had the battery tested or replaced? is it still the OEM battery? These cars are susceptible to electrical gremlins from a dying battery causing all kinds of crap.
      longtimemopar and pkgmsu2000 like this.

'BlueStreak'
      2014 Dodge Dart SE manual Blue Streak

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2676 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      "Had remote start installed"? You added something after market?
      Yeah... that never caused an issue ..... good luck.
      longtimemopar and Exitus04 like this.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      750 times
      Mentioned
      132 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      x2 for most likely that whoever installed the the remote start messed up big time. The Dart's electronics are very complex and if someone went in there randomly picking out wires to splice into without the schematics, who knows what is going on. It took me 3 days to copy the Dart wiring from TechAuthority and I still may have missed some stuff.
      A 2016 Dart with a bad battery while possible is unlikely. My '03 Dakota with 180k miles still has it's original battery and it started my truck at -30 F this winter.
      longtimemopar, Exitus04 and Beitie like this.
      -Case

16 Dart SXT 2.0 TorRed stock
      16 Dart SE 2.0 Laser Blue Pearl stock
      98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
      95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
      18 Ram 1500 3.6 4x4 Std Cab Delmonico Red stock

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dart se
      Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
      When was the last time you had the battery tested or replaced? is it still the OEM battery? These cars are susceptible to electrical gremlins from a dying battery causing all kinds of crap.
      i haven't had any of that done to my knowledge unless it gets done when the service or oil changes, it is still the OEM battery which was put in the car july 15 when the vehicle was built and i bought in august of 15

Quote Originally Posted by dad's dart View Post
      in my first post it plainly says that the remote start was installed by dealer the same time a recall was taken care of as far im aware dealers only install factory available parts.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinegreenneon View Post
      x2 for most likely that whoever installed the the remote start messed up big time. The Dart's electronics are very complex and if someone went in there randomly picking out wires to splice into without the schematics, who knows what is going on. It took me 3 days to copy the Dart wiring from TechAuthority and I still may have missed some stuff.
      A 2016 Dart with a bad battery while possible is unlikely. My '03 Dakota with 180k miles still has it's original battery and it started my truck at -30 F this winter.
      hopefully if the dealer service guy messed anything up that isnt covered by warranty they would be willing to fix everything else in the car is from factory besides the headlights so they cant really blame it on aftermarket parts. i wouldnt think its the battery ive been to NH these past 2 winters ive had it wheres its been buried in snow for a few days with temps averaging -20 during the day, while i drive one of his AWD vehicles (they dont know how to plow and he lives up a private gravel road with a steep grade) and when i would dig it out it started up without a problem given this was before i had the factory remote start installed. i did give a jump start to a friend whose battery went daed while he was cleaning and washing it but the vehicle ran for about 15/20 minutes after so it should of been charged backed up

general update: this morning the lights were out but the vehicle was still hugging the left and speedometer still giving me issues i have a couple friends who have a legacy and outback that had the same issue which turned out to be a computer going bad but with theirs it was just dash lights no other issues the one got it fixed and the other just ignored it and it eventually went away.
      Last edited by dartin.around; 03-09-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4L Turbo 6 Speed Manual
      Mods
      K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake, Powerstop Drilled & Slotted Front Rotors w/pads, Red Painted Calipers,
      Liked
      49 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dad's dart View Post
      As long as it is installed correctly, he should be able to have work done to his car. He shouldn't have to give up that freedom because the car isn't reliable...

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dart se
      Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Alec123 View Post
      As long as it is installed correctly, he should be able to have work done to his car. He shouldn't have to give up that freedom because the car isn't reliable...
      it should of been installed correctly it took them an extra 2 hours than what they told me it would be, luckily they didn't charge me for them.

update: i did call the dealer where i had the work done and they are able to get me in teusday and are glad i called them that way the tech can look over the install again and make sure nothing was done incorrectly. they seem much more concerned than the other dealer especially after i told them about the mileage going back to what it was a couple days ago. A+ to them for actually caring
      loxmith likes this.

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2676 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Now we know how some cars wind up with low low miles when they're up for sale! (lol)
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dart se
      Liked
      1 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      so after last weeks snow storm and being snowed in for a few days i was able to get my appointment back with the dealer near by today i dropped my vehicle off last night (who wants to get up at 8am on spring break) and got a phone call a little after 10, since the lights started to be intermittent once it warmed up i noticed it only happens when its cold or the vehicle had gotten wet. Because of that they of course couldn't reproduce the problem so they sent me on my way, luckily there was traces of computer communication error between almost all computers when they tried to diagnose it so something is off he told me to head back if the lights come on again as soon i can and they'll look at it on the spot.

Sponsored Links