New 2015 sxt has multiple issues
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on New 2015 sxt has multiple issues within the Dodge Dart Electrical Problems forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Pit Row category; Hello! Purchased my new Dart on the 4/18 (only 25 dealer miles on it) and on 4/20 the following started to occur: -Traction Control light ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree65Likes

Thread: New 2015 sxt has multiple issues

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 Dart SXT
      Liked
      5 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Hello!
      Purchased my new Dart on the 4/18 (only 25 dealer miles on it) and on 4/20 the following started to occur:

-Traction Control light goes on
      -Service ABS System light is on
      -Service Airbag System light is on
      -Check Engine Light is on
      -Seat belt light occasionally flickers although I'm buckled.

Additionally, the vehicle had stalled on me on one occasion and wouldn't start on another.

Immediately took it to the dealer where it has been for approximately a week. Basic trouble shooting has not solved the issues. Service technicians are in contact with Chrysler engineers for daily follow up on what to do next. No ETA on when the repairs will be completed. The service tech advised it was one of the computer modules that likely went bad but of course Chrysler will not pay to repair it until they exhaust every other possible option for repair.
      Reached out to the sales manager at this dealer but not surprisingly, no follow up from them. I contacted a lemon law attorney locally and she advised me that the 2013-2015 Darts are riddled with issues and she has successfully sued Chrysler for either a collateral swap or a buy-back. She requested that I send her all the relevant paperwork on the vehicle and once I return the vehicle for the same issue (she seems to be certain this will happen again) she will contact Chrysler for resolution.

Have any of you experienced these type of issues particularly on a 2015? I hoped that Dodge would have figured out all the kinks by now but I guess not.

Mopar 13 Moderator
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is V^

Vehicle
      Mopar '13
      Mods
      See Signature
      Liked
      2037 times
      Mentioned
      201 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Sounds like a computer issue to me. One of them are probably bad.
      Mods:
      Deyeme Stainless Hood Lift Kit -- 35% LLumar Ceramic Tint -- Mopar Side Skirts
      DRP Pressure Pipes -- Blue Interior Lighting -- LED Vanity Lights -- Cree Trunk Light

Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust -- "Smoke" Plasti Dipped Tails -- DRP Rear Engine Mount (Flex)
      Oracle DRL Strips in Fogs
      -- Tork Tune Stage 1-- RRM HFC DP -- Brighttails LED Reverse Lights
      Keep Calm And Chive On

R.I.P #070
      7/22/13-11/16/13

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      10 times
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I think you have 30 days after purchase to return a car if you are unhappy with it.... that being said they shouldnt have a problem taking that one back and giving you the same one, unless you know, theyre a crap dealership

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by ratbastard View Post
      Hello!
      Purchased my new Dart on the 4/18 (only 25 dealer miles on it) and on 4/20 the following started to occur:

-Traction Control light goes on
      -Service ABS System light is on
      -Service Airbag System light is on
      -Check Engine Light is on
      -Seat belt light occasionally flickers although I'm buckled.

Additionally, the vehicle had stalled on me on one occasion and wouldn't start on another.

Immediately took it to the dealer where it has been for approximately a week. Basic trouble shooting has not solved the issues. Service technicians are in contact with Chrysler engineers for daily follow up on what to do next. No ETA on when the repairs will be completed. The service tech advised it was one of the computer modules that likely went bad but of course Chrysler will not pay to repair it until they exhaust every other possible option for repair.
      Reached out to the sales manager at this dealer but not surprisingly, no follow up from them. I contacted a lemon law attorney locally and she advised me that the 2013-2015 Darts are riddled with issues and she has successfully sued Chrysler for either a collateral swap or a buy-back. She requested that I send her all the relevant paperwork on the vehicle and once I return the vehicle for the same issue (she seems to be certain this will happen again) she will contact Chrysler for resolution.

Have any of you experienced these type of issues particularly on a 2015? I hoped that Dodge would have figured out all the kinks by now but I guess not.
      All brands and models have possible computer bugs. Your dealer is ignorant. It's not a lemon.
      Quote Originally Posted by undfeatable View Post
      Sounds like a computer issue to me. One of them are probably bad.
      Most likely. Never heard of a dealer not replacing a module to fix what is an obvious problem.
      Quote Originally Posted by rallyepete View Post
      I think you have 30 days after purchase to return a car if you are unhappy with it.... that being said they shouldnt have a problem taking that one back and giving you the same one, unless you know, theyre a crap dealership
      I don't know what state you live in, but in most states of the USA there is NO 30 day return on a NEW vehicle. Used and Pre Owned Certified, yes. Otherwise you'd have millions of really low mileage titled and registered (used) cars flooding the market. It's called "No Cool Down Return Period". Cars aren't Appliances.
      And as @Pretty Boy Floyd would say: "Post up a work order to help the Forum".

Banned
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Bright White Exterior Black Leather Interior w/Red accents Sunroof 9-Speaker
      Mods
      Stock
      Liked
      1068 times
      Mentioned
      23 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I think you need to look up the definition of a lemon...this is far from a lemon yet. Just because it has issues off the dealers lot doesn't mean its a lemon. Let them do their job and get it fixed. Getting all huffy and puffy with them isn't going to help anything. I know you're frustrated because its brand new but it could (and does) happen with every brand. Doesn't matter if its a 18,000 Dart SXT, or a 58,000 BMW. They all have issues and if you let them do their job it will get fixed.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dart SXT 2.4 Power Tech
      Liked
      143 times
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I echo nydartsrt, it does not fit the lemon tag. Computer issues are the worst of issues with todays cars and they all have them, expensive and go wrong for no apparent reason. I would be rattled if a brand new car died after 2 days and worried about a possible major mistake was made in my choice. My Dart seems to be the norm and it has been perfect so far as well as a joy to drive. Let the dealer deal with the issue and accept cars will have issues. You made a good choice in the Dart and a year from now I would bet you will be very happy with your choice.

Car Chief
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      1931 times
      Mentioned
      209 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Mods, can you change name of thread title? Clearly not a lemon.

Banned
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Bright White Exterior Black Leather Interior w/Red accents Sunroof 9-Speaker
      Mods
      Stock
      Liked
      1068 times
      Mentioned
      23 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by pkgmsu2000 View Post
      Mods, can you change name of thread title? Clearly not a lemon.
      Well since its new(er) and has issues its gotta be a lemon, right? I mean cars today never have any sort issues...

/sarcasm
      pkgmsu2000 likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      '13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4L Turbo
      Mods
      Injen CAI, Vent Visors, and GFB DV+
      Liked
      74 times
      Mentioned
      10 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Could be buyers remorse kicking in as well. Ohhh it's got issues, it's a lemon! I've seen some cars come in with less than 30 miles on them with the new owner complaining about every little thing. Most of which I can't duplicate. (I should mention I'm a technician at a Hyundai dealership) Most of the time the owners are waiting for their car to be diagnosed so I'll go to the waiting room to get a soda and chips. More then half the time I catch these new car owners confessing to others in the waiting room that they wished they never traded in their previous car that they just aren't happy. Buyers remorse!
      dad's dart likes this.

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 Dart SXT
      Liked
      5 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I'm not remorseful about the purchase but after owning several Dodge vehicles over the past 15 years (none of which had any issues) I'm understandably pissed. The service dept knows Im frustrated but I been careful to not lose my temper as I don't want to be one of "those people" since it obviously doesn't help the situation. Its been there over a week now and I just want my car back.
      audiostylz likes this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links