Syked ecu tune.
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook

Syked ecu tune.

This is a discussion on Syked ecu tune. within the Dodge Dart 2.4L Tigershark forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; This was on facebook and it sounds like he needs 8 more people. Anyone interested in it? 2.4L Dart and Jeep owners here's your chance!!! ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Syked ecu tune.

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 dodge dart
      Liked
      7 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Syked ecu tune.

This was on facebook and it sounds like he needs 8 more people. Anyone interested in it?

2.4L Dart and Jeep owners here's your chance!!!

Syked ECU Tuning has been working on the ability to flash the 2.4L PCM so we can build a custom tune.
      There are 4 main steps to being able to offer this and we have been able to get through the first 2. The next step is modifying the bootloaders and removing the RSA encryption that doesn't allow modifications to the tune.
      The equipment to be able to do this bootloader modification is not going to be inexpensive. Due to the extensive development and the fact this PCM is only used in the 2.4L applications (which is a small number) we are going to have to turn to the community for a commitment prior to us investing thousands of dollars. Based on the 1.4L and 2.0L sales we are going to need 20 people to commit.
      Development time is between 60-90 days once we get a car for testing. Has it taken less time? Absolutely! But the multi air can be tricky and this is a new PCM which has slightly different logic.
      The tune we develop will be on a NA 2.4L with LTH and CAI. We should see upwards to 20-25 whp gain over stock and much better throttle response. We will be able to include all the same features as we do with the 2.0L calibration.
      Retail with PCM flash to your car with Syked tune $499.99 plus 14.70 shipping. We will ask for a deposit of half down. Once we get a commitment from 20 people we will order everything and get a car for development. We will spend a minimum of 20 hours a week until we get the tune done.
      We already have complete software coverage so we only need to get this boot loader patch done and we can start tuning.
      Once the tune is complete you will have 30 days to pay the balance and then the PCM with Syked tune will ship.
      Just a reminder, this does include an engine controller so you can still keep your stock PCM for a backup. If you are interested and ready to get in on the action email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
      Kevin

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

is 04-03-2019: Installed Genuine
      Mopar Pedal Kit Manual Part
      Number: 82214197

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT (Pitch Black)
      Mods
      RRM Lightweight Pulley*Injen CAI*MPx Bored Throttle Body*CDV Delete*Flex Rear Mount
      Liked
      343 times
      Mentioned
      19 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by BrettDart12 View Post
      This was on facebook and it sounds like he needs 8 more people. Anyone interested in it?

2.4L Dart and Jeep owners here's your chance!!!

Syked ECU Tuning has been working on the ability to flash the 2.4L PCM so we can build a custom tune.
      There are 4 main steps to being able to offer this and we have been able to get through the first 2. The next step is modifying the bootloaders and removing the RSA encryption that doesn't allow modifications to the tune.
      The equipment to be able to do this bootloader modification is not going to be inexpensive. Due to the extensive development and the fact this PCM is only used in the 2.4L applications (which is a small number) we are going to have to turn to the community for a commitment prior to us investing thousands of dollars. Based on the 1.4L and 2.0L sales we are going to need 20 people to commit.
      Development time is between 60-90 days once we get a car for testing. Has it taken less time? Absolutely! But the multi air can be tricky and this is a new PCM which has slightly different logic.
      The tune we develop will be on a NA 2.4L with LTH and CAI. We should see upwards to 20-25 whp gain over stock and much better throttle response. We will be able to include all the same features as we do with the 2.0L calibration.
      Retail with PCM flash to your car with Syked tune $499.99 plus 14.70 shipping. We will ask for a deposit of half down. Once we get a commitment from 20 people we will order everything and get a car for development. We will spend a minimum of 20 hours a week until we get the tune done.
      We already have complete software coverage so we only need to get this boot loader patch done and we can start tuning.
      Once the tune is complete you will have 30 days to pay the balance and then the PCM with Syked tune will ship.
      Just a reminder, this does include an engine controller so you can still keep your stock PCM for a backup. If you are interested and ready to get in on the action email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
      Kevin
      Any work if they have met commitment and if this is moving forward?

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart Rallye 2.4
      Liked
      376 times
      Mentioned
      69 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Mass_Paul View Post
      Any work if they have met commitment and if this is moving forward?
      They haven’t gotten it yet. Last I heard it was around 8 committed and he extended the deadline to end of March
      Mass_Paul likes this.
      Modifications:
      Appearance:
      Mopar Appearance Kit (Sill Guards, Pedals, splash guards, Front Lip, Diffuser)
      Full error free LED conversion
      Fast FC04 LW wheels with FH Indy 500 tires, Red Calipers
      XV 6000k HIDs & TRS LEDs 5500K
      Ruby Red Rallye Seats & GT interior DR panels
      Solargard Tint (22% front, 17% rear)
      Luxe taillight tint
      TFT display

Performance:
      RRM Stage 1 (Spectrum, Pulley, Header Blanket)
      HPSI cold air intake with ram air
      DR Flex Rear Mount
      RE16MC plugs
      MPX TB

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dodge Dart SXT
      Mods
      Cold Air Intake
      Liked
      2 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Last I saw they dropped it for the 2.4. Couldn’t get 10 to sign up and they wanted 20. I still have a couple years on my warranty or they would have had my money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Mass_Paul likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Dodge Dart GT 2014 orange
      Mods
      See sign
      Liked
      280 times
      Mentioned
      23 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by kidjungle21 View Post
      Last I saw they dropped it for the 2.4. Couldn’t get 10 to sign up and they wanted 20. I still have a couple years on my warranty or they would have had my money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      he didn't drop it he is still waiting for the 20 person to commit before end of march
      Mass_Paul likes this.
      RRM lightweight Pulley + Tuner, HPSI CAI with Ram air, MPX Ceramic coated Header, MPX catback, MPX bored throttle body, Catch Can, Autolite Copper plug, MPX hood strut, Mopar lip kit, Mopar sport hood, Black wrap roof, Rideskinz Spoiler, Eibach Pro-kit, Eibach rear sway bar, Moog Link Kit front/rear

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM LW pulley, EC CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, Rally Armors, Heartthrob exhaust
      Liked
      1949 times
      Mentioned
      288 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Anch View Post
      he didn't drop it he is still waiting for the 20 person to commit before end of march
      Yeah the list is still building
      Mass_Paul likes this.
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      2 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I know this is the 2.4 section but is there any word on a 2016 1.4 tune I'm looking and nobody offers a 2016 1.4 tune.
      Mass_Paul likes this.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3866 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by the_tint_spot View Post
      I know this is the 2.4 section but is there any word on a 2016 1.4 tune I'm looking and nobody offers a 2016 1.4 tune.
      Syked currently sells tunes for the 1.4T manual Dart. However, if you don't have a 2013 1.4T, you will be required to purchase the $200.00 more expensive version which includes a new ECU. Unfortunately, the 2014+ ECU used for the 1.4T Dart is far more heavily encrypted than the 2013 and to date I don't believe anybody has managed to get past it (this is an issue in the 500 Abarth community as well).

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

is 04-03-2019: Installed Genuine
      Mopar Pedal Kit Manual Part
      Number: 82214197

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT (Pitch Black)
      Mods
      RRM Lightweight Pulley*Injen CAI*MPx Bored Throttle Body*CDV Delete*Flex Rear Mount
      Liked
      343 times
      Mentioned
      19 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      All,

What would be the difference between the Syked (proposed) tune and the RRM tune for the 2.4L? It does appear that the Syked tune is stating a jump of about 20-25HP while the RRM tune "results" shows only a gain of about 12HP. What are the thoughts? Also, what is "LTH" (am I missing something easy here)?

Also, concerning the RRM 2.4L tune, it states "Expect a 10-15% gain in power when packaged together with the Road Race Motorsports Lightweight Aluminum Pulley." However the RRM Lightwieght Pulley also states "Research has shown that 2.7 HP is gained from every pound of weight reduced from the crankshaft". So if the RRM Pulley weighs .5lbs and the stock weighs 4lbs, the 3.5 lbs saving spuld then equate to 2.7hp x 3.5 = a 9.45 gain back in HP. Does that mean that the tune then only give you an additional "boost" of about 2.5hp? Am I missing something here? Or, since the pulley replacement does not have a gain in total hp, just a gain back in "lost" hp, does that mean that using these two items together is really an "addition" of about 21 HP (12HP shown from tuner addition and 9.45 "gained back" from lightweight pulley).

I love getting hypothetical with this as i decide ultimately how to spend my money. loom forward to a debate here and getting feedback.
      Last edited by Mass_Paul; 02-27-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Dodge Dart GT 2014 orange
      Mods
      See sign
      Liked
      280 times
      Mentioned
      23 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Mass_Paul View Post
      All,

What would be the difference between the Syked (proposed) tune and the RRM tune for the 2.4L? It does appear that the Syked tune is stating a jump of about 20-25HP while the RRM tune "results" shows only a gain of about 12HP. What are the thoughts? Also, what is "LTH" (am I missing something easy here)?

Also, concerning the RRM 2.4L tune, it states "Expect a 10-15% gain in power when packaged together with the Road Race Motorsports Lightweight Aluminum Pulley." However the RRM Lightwieght Pulley also states "Research has shown that 2.7 HP is gained from every pound of weight reduced from the crankshaft". So if the RRM Pulley weighs .5lbs and the stock weighs 4lbs, the 3.5 lbs saving spuld then equate to 2.7hp x 3.5 = a 9.45 gain back in HP. Does that mean that the tune then only give you an additional "boost" of about 2.5hp? Am I missing something here? Or, since the pulley replacement does not have a gain in total hp, just a gain back in "lost" hp, does that mean that using these two items together is really an "addition" of about 21 HP (12HP shown from tuner addition and 9.45 "gained back" from lightweight pulley).

I love getting hypothetical with this as i decide ultimately how to spend my money. loom forward to a debate here and getting feedback.
      LTH means long tube header

The big difference is that the syked tune will modify the ecu parameters while the RRM trick the parameters to think it need more fuel/air etc.

For the pulley + tuner package, don't expect those gains well I didn't feel that I have 20 more horsepower and the pulley simply give back horsepower robbed by the heavy stock pulley.

The only thing I have noticed, is that I did similar 1/4 miles time with and without the tuner, so I'm mostly wondering if it did something or maybe the ecu override the tricked parameters to run like oem.
      Mass_Paul likes this.
      RRM lightweight Pulley + Tuner, HPSI CAI with Ram air, MPX Ceramic coated Header, MPX catback, MPX bored throttle body, Catch Can, Autolite Copper plug, MPX hood strut, Mopar lip kit, Mopar sport hood, Black wrap roof, Rideskinz Spoiler, Eibach Pro-kit, Eibach rear sway bar, Moog Link Kit front/rear

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links