First MODs ever...thanks everyone
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on First MODs ever...thanks everyone within the Dodge Dart 2.4L Tigershark Mods forums, part of the Dodge Dart 2.4L Tigershark category; Stopped by RRM today to check if the pulleys were back in stock (was told in about week). They were(calvin hooked me up)... and to ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Thread: First MODs ever...thanks everyone

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dodge Dart SXT
      Liked
      6 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Stopped by RRM today to check if the pulleys were back in stock (was told in about week). They were(calvin hooked me up)... and to my surprise i was and am still excited to get these parts on ASAP. To cut to the point about 1 year ago i finally got rid of my 93' corrolla with front different colored fenders(yeah...that guy) and bought myself a 16' SXT auto. Within that same year i learned(thanks to all of you for the helpful and very extensive info on here)how to change oil/filter, spark plugs, dropped in a K&N filter and couple of other things. Most importantly i got these mods because of it and would not feel confident in doing this by myself without this forurm. Even though this is my 2nd post ever, just want to thank everyone in this awesome dodge dart community.
      Now to the actual mods;

-Progress rear sway bar(MP)
      -Both front and rear Moog endlinks(RA)
      -Lightweight pulley (RRM)

Was going to install ALL today after going to the dealership.... BUT....i showed them this:
      6509401AA (Nuts x4)
      68199879AC (spacers x2)
      5168575AC (L shield x1)
      5168574AC (R shield x1)
      ...mind you thinking it would be cheaper for some s****d reason...57 with change for 1 of each...GFTO...found everything online for about half the cost with 4extra nuts too....so currently now just waiting for these parts to arrive...might give in and install the pulley tomorrow tho, can't wait to take a ride after installing everything, will post my experience! Thanks again everyone
      McLabia likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT 1.4L Turbo 6 Speed, Blue Streak
      Mods
      See signature, I apparently have too many for this little box
      Liked
      173 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Having changed my endlinks with Moog, those shields you ordered aren't going to work with those new endlinks.
      Since I've done too much to fit in this signature, check out my list of modifications here: https://i.imgur.com/8dj5UJG.png

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dodge Dart SXT
      Liked
      6 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Really? Damn. From my understanding some people dont even put them on but i was just trying to play it safe...i actually just finished installing the lightweight pulley. Very simple and straightforward install. Only problem i had was with the pulley bolt. 60g compressor and 600lb ft tq air torque wrench wouldnt get the job done. Had to borrow a neighbor's Milwaukee electric impact and BAM! Off like nothing smh. Right away stepping on the throttle felt different and actually dont know if its normal but flooring it does make a different sort of whinning noise dont know if thats normal but all n all the small amount i pushed the car rn it seems to love it...will be going to work tonight 60 miles there and back so will have a better feel for it

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT 1.4L Turbo 6 Speed, Blue Streak
      Mods
      See signature, I apparently have too many for this little box
      Liked
      173 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Yeah, I couldnt get the plastic covers to work with the new endlinks because the bolts are different. A bit hard to explain, but when they're in your hand you'll see why they wont work.

As far as the LW pulley, I luckily have have 1.4, so it's just three smaller bolts holing the pulley to the crank sprocket. When we changed my wife's single bolt pulley (like yours) on her '06 Civic, we needed this badboy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      Since I've done too much to fit in this signature, check out my list of modifications here: https://i.imgur.com/8dj5UJG.png

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dodge Dart SXT
      Liked
      6 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      An impact socket? I used a cheapy one from home depot.

Update on the mods tho 👌💯

The rrm lightweight pulley is just freaking amazing...having an auto ive been obviously use to a certain amount of pressure needed to coast on the highway @ about 70 but with this thing on....damn i think i gotta start using the cruise control, its to sensitive for my heavy ass foot, not complaining tho absolutely love it. That and with having new plugs(RE16MC) and oil...the throttle lag i had before when wanting to pass on the highway is just non existent now(about at least a second) ..... having said that i dont even need to FLOOR it to pass, i can easily do it with about 75% 80% onto the pedal. Crazy to me how something as simple as some plugs and one part can do 🤯 thinking i might need a go pedal(eco mode) cause i havent yet been able to get my heavy foot in check on stops. Tried using the autostick but its really only convenient on uphill drives....

ONTO the rear sway bar i couldn't wait for those extra nuts and shields that might not work....so i installed everything, just ended up using the nuts from the old front end links for the sway bar(brain fart i had forgotten i read that in a thread sometime ago)

I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE'S darts out there with no rear sway bar....i actually feel safe making a turn now lol but for real this car is just a whole new ride. I think I'll be heading to angeles crest hwy to really see what she can do with this complete MooG end links and a MUCH needed rear sway bar

🙌🙌🙌
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dodge Dart SXT
      Liked
      6 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Roughly @ 62,000k miles on my 2.4l auto sxt now, current mods now are
      -RRM lw pulley
      -MooG endlinks (front & rear)
      -Progress rear sway bar 19mm firm
      -EC HPSI Intake & Air ram
      -Summit Racing Cat Back
      -DR Rear motor mount firm

And i really enjoy the extra Oomf the exhaust and intake brought, love the sound. Don't care for that slight drone while cruising but definitely can live with it. While I added the rear motor mount some hundred miles later, It should have been the very first mod I did. There's no more stutter or hesitation when I floor it or use the autostick....it shifts! TBH if I would have driven a dart with these current mods right after I drove mine home. I would have dropped those ~$1k to have em on mine the very next day. These are a must for just everyday drivability. Merging and passing on the HWY is done effortlessly. No throttle\pedal lag..no BS. It just GOES.

In the coming weeks I'm scheduled for the transmission fluid change and will be the last thing I do till at least July.

Have my eyes on the spectrum tuner(rrm) and throttle body(mpx) as my next mods...? What do ya think?? And as far I can tell that pretty much all I can do right? Haha "performance" wise...Not really trying to do anything with appearance right now.Name:  20180818_204202.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  3.38 MBName:  IMG_20190223_130809__01.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  3.87 MBName:  IMG_20190127_143302.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  4.54 MB

And for sh#ts and giggles I changed spark plugs from re16mc to the NGK iridium tipped .47, while also replacing the PCV Valve to try and "fix" my rough idle..nothing...with be trying some better groundings but as far I can see I'll just always be in N while @ a red light....
      Last edited by Anaya323; 03-31-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      16 Gti
      Liked
      164 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I see that packers plate peeking out. Also you might want to try and make or find a shield for the filter, probably sucking in a good bit of heat from the engine

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dart GT
      Liked
      100 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Im about 25-30k miles on my RRM tuner and i have to say i really enjoy it! Its not without its flaws though as i recently discovered though theyre minor. Someone mentioned a while back that the ECU learns the tuner and well...this is true.
      I did not notice it initially because i would every now and again disconnect the battery to do various projects (lighting, audio, etc...) off and on. So when i completely stopped after about 5k miles i noticed the car started performing like absolute crap...then my average mpg fell sharply, within a week went from 29 to 24 and my fillups reflected this mpg drop. So a week ago i powercycled the car at work for about 6 hours and well everything went back to normal. I got my power back (Rage reference) as well as mpgs which are still going up.

All in all without it aside from looks i question why i bought this car, but with it operating normally along with my other mods the car feels perfect for me.

Mods ranked for performance:
      RRM Tuner
      RRM Pulley
      My Intake mod
      Real Tires (lol yoko)
      Exhaust - and this is also mixed too. Worse low end power, but better high end plus a god damned drone noise which irritates me especially when i do 2k mile weekend cruises. Also potentially ticketable in CA now thanks to new laws up to $1049....
      Mods
      Road Race Motorsports Stage 1 Kit
      Modified Stock Intake With K&N Filter
      Muffler Delete
      Aero Paneling Delete
      Deyeme Rear Mount (Firm)
      AVS In Channel Visors
      Interior and Underbody LEDs
      Dipped Emblems, Sport Hood, Wheel Caps and Front Lip
      Front Lip, Sideskirts and Rear Diffuser.
      12" JBL GT-BassPro

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dodge Dart SXT
      Liked
      6 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      @mopar22
      Oh hell yeah! Go Pack Go...will Be 25 on Tuesday marking 12 plus years of being a fan, this way off topic but I also finally got my chance to see em when they played LA Rams back in October ! 🙌

as for the intake I do have the AIR ram set up too. So I hope it actually does suck in cold air from the outside. But my plans in the future since IM keeping the car will be trying to modify a MOPAR CAI box with this intake because I most definitely will be getting that sports hood....not Anytime within this year tho...

@Parabolaralus
      That's exactly what I was worried about .. I also read somewhere that both the Spectrum Tuner and MPx Throttle body will sometimes if not rarely throw codes, I really aint trying to risk it tho. She been good to me...only thing that ive actually had to replace is a battery. Plus as far as ive been keeping up with RRM. It really looks like quality control went DOWN HILL... Iffy about contacting them. Will likely just be on the look out on here or a couple facebook pages for a used one.

i upgraded from a 93 corolla with different colored fenders so i know why i bought mine lol but its funny you mention that about the exhaust cause i really do only feel that "power" when going on the HWY or anything past 55mph really...i feel you on that drone tho especially early morning when you really aint trying to hear sh*t lol... luckily cops dont car to much, idk how many ive past @ around 3k 4k RPMs and not even a head turn... i live in LA(not the good area) so i think they may just be busy catching the bigger fish Haaa
      Last edited by Anaya323; 03-31-2019 at 04:11 PM.
      Parabolaralus likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2016 Dart GT
      Liked
      100 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      While i cant comment on the MPX throttle body the RRM tuner has not thrown a code for me directly which is actually quite unexpected and when the car throws a code before i even read it i actually do not think "oh ef its that" instead i troubleshoot it like anyone else would with a stock car. If you look at what it does in real time you'll know what i mean, but at that point much like the car you own it.

On the exhaust: i have been pulled over multiple times for having a "modified exhaust" in various cars though i always got away scott free - that new law is a real fear of mine and something ill "fix" or change which im still wondering what i want to do.
      Mods
      Road Race Motorsports Stage 1 Kit
      Modified Stock Intake With K&N Filter
      Muffler Delete
      Aero Paneling Delete
      Deyeme Rear Mount (Firm)
      AVS In Channel Visors
      Interior and Underbody LEDs
      Dipped Emblems, Sport Hood, Wheel Caps and Front Lip
      Front Lip, Sideskirts and Rear Diffuser.
      12" JBL GT-BassPro

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links