Dodge Dart Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopar 2.0L Dart Turbo Charger

24K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Parabolaralus 
#1 ·
Came across this site and it has a Mopar Turbo charger that says it compatible with the 2.0 Liter engine. https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com...JZxdgWqUEVMcH5bOsrt4O61Rqrc1eg5X1saAvor8P8HAQ

What do you guys think? What else would you need to install this on the 2.0L engine.
I have never delt with turbochargers before
And was looking to throw a bit into my new 2.0L ralley. Its probably going to be my first and only new car ever and I figured I might as well make it worth my while.
I am working towards just a lightweigt pulley, CAI, possibly upgrading to a dual exhaust and of course turbocharger.
I am also going to splash some black decals at some point cause I think It would look great with the "Go Mango Color"

#2 ·
It's very strange that it says compatible with the 2.0... that is the stock turbo that comes with the 1.4.

Now I'm not saying that it's not possible to put this turbo on the 2.0 but a lot of work will need to be done in order for it to run correctly.

Reactions: pkgmsu2000
#5 · (Edited)
THere was a guy on here who looked at adding a supercharger, but after reviewing the options, they (him and the shop he was working with) ended up coming to the conclusion, that it wasn't going to be able to fit one and it would be easier to fit a turbo than supercharger. So they went turbo.

Like @pkgmsu2000 said Road Race Motorsports has a turbo kit...

https://roadracemotorsports.com/sto...=141_197_198&zenid=58a7uva0iefqrb0jh9thgnlav3

Or you will have to find a shop that can custom fabricate you a kit to add a turbo. It's not as simple as buying a turbo and bolting it on.

#7 ·
Yeah, but the way he was going to go about it was a "Procharger" style supercharger... or a belt driven turbo.

#8 ·
Ok so pretty much its gonna cost 5k while rrm is making kits... Its not really practicle to dump another 5k on the 31k the car is gonna cost after tax, apr, and the extended warranty and low jack.

Looks like my best option would just be a CAI, Pulley and hopefully a decent exhaust. For what a meager 10-15 hp gain... hopefully that will be enough to "beef" up lower rpm and torque enough.

I feel like i have way more power in lower gear on a cloudy day than when the sun is out. Last friday i felt like i had loss of power after driving all afternoon and two days latwr when i took it out. The temp oitside was a good 10 degrees colder and I felt like I could take off like a rocket.

So without much car knowledge I feel like the dart would benefit the most geeting the stock intake out first

#10 ·
Ok so pretty much its gonna cost 5k while rrm is making kits... Its not really practicle to dump another 5k on the 31k the car is gonna cost after tax, apr, and the extended warranty and low jack.

Looks like my best option would just be a CAI, Pulley and hopefully a decent exhaust. For what a meager 10-15 hp gain... hopefully that will be enough to "beef" up lower rpm and torque enough.

I feel like i have way more power in lower gear on a cloudy day than when the sun is out. Last friday i felt like i had loss of power after driving all afternoon and two days latwr when i took it out. The temp oitside was a good 10 degrees colder and I felt like I could take off like a rocket.

So without much car knowledge I feel like the dart would benefit the most geeting the stock intake out first
$31k?!?! Why would a dart cost that much?!?!

#22 ·
I picked up my SE with the 2.0 with only 37k miles on it as an abandoned vehicle. I have less than a $1000 in it. That's including the 480 dollars for sales tax to get tags and title straight. It has a salvage title unfortunately but I have never owned a new car and I will not complain in the slightest. ?

#11 ·
31k!? you need to really look around buddy!!! The car is nice...looking, but id much rather shoot myself in the foot then pay 31k...

#12 · (Edited)
Guys he did say $31k on Dart + tax + warranty + low jack. IDK how much the low jack is, but the Lifetime warranty cost me $2500 when I bought my Dart, so yes $31k is way too much, but he is talking about extras as well as the car. That being said...

@RalleyFalken Supercharger/turbo and warranty DO NOT go together. If you bought an aftermarket warranty, but plan any forced injection on the motor, you wasted money on the warranty. You can pretty much guarantee your warranty will get voided. As far as getting some extra bang for the buck. Lightweight pulley is what everyone says should be your first mod. Then there is the Spectrum tuner by RRM, or the Madness Go Pedal they both gets good reviews. There is a lot of info on here, I recommend doing some reading before you start buying stuff. I am not going to say a CAI is not worth the money...but it's not going to give you much "bang for the buck", when compared to the other mods I mentioned. However, I can't stress this enough...modding and warranty's are generally not compatible with each other.

#14 ·
Guys he did say $31k on Dart + tax + warranty + low jack. IDK how much the low jack is, but the Lifetime warranty cost me $2500 when I bought my Dart, so yes $31k is way too much, but he is talking about extras as well as the car. That being said...
Well my GT cost $29kCAD before interest. If $31k is the price, maybe he is in Canada which would make the price a bit more logic still it's high for a 2.0L.

#13 ·
Taxes, registration, apr on loan plus 3000 maintence/mecg amd elect parts plan, low jack, dent....

22,175 + 1600 taxes + 4500 for loan plus another 4000 for low jack, dent protect and the mechanical and elect maintence 100k mile warranty. Car was 24,775 they took 2500 off and put that ad a dow payment along with my 600 i out. So 3100 on 31k 10 percent down on whole deal. So atm i owe roughly 28k left

#16 ·
Im sorry... you got shafted... You paid for a bunch of things you dont need... Low jack? You really cant start that car without the fob... and who wants to steal a dodge dart?!? dent protection? thats called insurance and you pay for that outside of the car itself. I paid $17,995k for mine WITH an extended warranty!

#15 ·
No RalleyFalken, you're going to kick yourself in two years when you're looking at a $10,000 car in your driveway. $30k is just WAY too much for a Dart even with the options your talking about. The depreciation on Darts is atrocious, seriously don't put that kind of money on a new dart. Many here went through that panic a year ago when some 13's and 14s were being traded in for less than $10k when they bought them new for well over $20k. So yeah, spending $30k on a Dart is a really bad idea.

#17 ·
Well I know I am paying out the ass its new. Had 11 miles on it. I choose a new dart so I would be the only driver. I know exactly how it has been driven from day one. Now i dont think 22,175 was that bad when i had 600 down no vehicle and they added 2500 to down payment from rebate deal thingymabob. I also have no credit. I got 3.99 Apr at 27 with NO credit history. I think i got a great deal personally. 5500 of taxes and apr isnt horrible for my first loan. Plus with the low jack and extra dent it lowered my full coverage insurance from 290 to 133 a month. That was covered by the loan and lowered my insurance by the difference.
Next year i will have save 150 a month doing so.

#18 · (Edited)
Sorry for dub post. Plus it is used 80 percent as a work vehicle. So i am not paying taxes on 5000 of that.
Plus the resale value didnt even cross my mind cause this car will be passed down or driven into a shallow grave.
I had no intention on reselling or trading in. It was everything I wanted down to the color. Plus a used would have cost me half as much and have 40to 60k miles on it when i drive 35k a year minimum. Plus the depreciation will be a tax ride off yearly. So I really didnt " over pay" considering it will have written off at least 10k if not more in taxes agaisnt the car.

Ohh plus that included the GAP insurance if it got wrecked it would cover the depriciation.

#20 ·
Well if you decide to not turbo charge your dart. I do have the spectrum tuner from road race motorsports. PM me if you are interested in it. It came off of my wife's dart, we traded hers in for a SUV, so no longer needed that. I have a tuner on my car with the road race motorsports lightweight pulley, and it made a pretty good difference.

Reactions: East2West
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.