DDCT + performance driving = Off Topic? - Page 9
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

DDCT + performance driving = Off Topic?

This is a discussion on DDCT + performance driving = Off Topic? within the Dodge Dart 1.4L MultiAir Turbo forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; About two weeks before this announcement I told the people at STAR what I thought the chances were of any DDCT transmission driven like I ...

User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Like Tree125Likes

Thread: DDCT + performance driving = Off Topic?

Banned
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      13 1.4T DDCT SXT *pending buyback* 03 1.8T VW Jetta 02 2.8 VR6 VW GLX
      Liked
      2462 times
      Mentioned
      121 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      About two weeks before this announcement I told the people at STAR what I thought the chances were of any DDCT transmission driven like I do (a "bit aggressively" according to them) to make it to 100,000 miles...sorry guys/gals!

Fiat Chrysler Lowers Powertrain Warranty To 60,000 Miles | CarComplaints.com

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited, 2.0/auto
      Liked
      170 times
      Mentioned
      6 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by longtimemopar View Post
      Yes, if you only read PrettyBoyFloyd's posts you would think the Dart was a horrible car...
      Funny perspective. If you looked as his posts before his latest problems (i.e 95%), you'd actually think that he was rampant, irrational FCA fanboy (which he was).
      pkgmsu2000 likes this.

Banned
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Liked
      2462 times
      Mentioned
      121 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Guess you were wrong!

pkgmsu2000 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3871 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy Floyd View Post
      About two weeks before this announcement I told the people at STAR what I thought the chances were of any DDCT transmission driven like I do (a "bit aggressively" according to them) to make it to 100,000 miles...sorry guys/gals!

Fiat Chrysler Lowers Powertrain Warranty To 60,000 Miles | CarComplaints.com
      This brings the US in line with the Canadian powertrain warranty, which is 5 years/100,000kms. It doesn't matter to me much, I'm at over 2 years and barely 24,000kms on my Dart, the clock is definitely running out on my warranty before the mileage does. In fact, at this rate it will take me 15 or 16 years to hit 100,000 miles!

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3871 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by fatabbot View Post
      Funny perspective. If you looked as his posts before his latest problems (i.e 95%), you'd actually think that he was rampant, irrational FCA fanboy (which he was).
      I'm pretty sure the Dart is his first FCA products, and it sounds like it may be his last. He's definitely a VW fanboy, but I think they won't let him back into their forums. The way he's been treated by the dealer and FCA, with them blaming him for transmission problems that were probably the result of a bad install when the selling dealer replaced it before selling it brand new to him (and didn't tell him), I'd say he's justified in being a bit salty about the whole thing. I know I would be pretty angry.

Banned
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Liked
      2462 times
      Mentioned
      121 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Thank you! It is a bit of a surprise to have my driving criticized, of all people. lol

If they own up for their defective DDCT, then I will gladly give FCA another chance since that is more than Nissan did.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited, 2.0/auto
      Liked
      170 times
      Mentioned
      6 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      I'm pretty sure the Dart is his first FCA products, and it sounds like it may be his last. He's definitely a VW fanboy, but I think they won't let him back into their forums. The way he's been treated by the dealer and FCA, with them blaming him for transmission problems that were probably the result of a bad install when the selling dealer replaced it before selling it brand new to him (and didn't tell him), I'd say he's justified in being a bit salty about the whole thing. I know I would be pretty angry.
      Oh, I agree 100%. I wouldn't put up with this mess either. Just pointing out how his approach to this forum changed when it was him that started having problems.

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      8 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I just had my dcct replaced ar 40k a month ago

Full warranty didnt even need to ise my $100 deductible extended warranty
      Pretty Boy Floyd likes this.

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by fatabbot View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy Floyd View Post
      Guess you were wrong!
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      Comment to the PBF scenario: Way way back when I first got my Dart 1.4T manual in Dec 2012 and signed up here shortly after, I shared many a thread with @Pretty Boy Floyd about the virtues of the FCA Dart in general. It was an enthusiastic time for sure. But I mention this because in one of my first posts within the first month or so of being a member, I ALSO pointed out that while I was having a blast with my gurggly exhaust Dart SXT , that I would also Turn-On-A-Dime so to speak if anything would fail to meet my expectations. And things remained quite well for over a year. Well, by 19K miles some of the tell-tale signs of near future clutch problems were surfacing and the boost from the turbo was becoming more unpredictable. And that was - oddly enough - after a gazillion different reflashes at the dealer and a BCM replacement for getting odd messages about headlights on the display.
      So, I quietly turned on a dime and traded out for an Avenger. Yes, the Dart chassis and it's charming handling is a winner. But I lost faith before it got to the level of having more warranty work done. And this clutch business from a guy who baby'd it like a newborn !!!!! Had I been aggressive with shifting (which is part of the fun, I know...), it probably would have been in for clutch work way before I traded out.
      But I never mentioned the negatives very much out of respect for the other Dart dwellers here on the forum. But now, since very few people read my posts anyway (I assume), I guess it's ok to say that the Dart has had it's share of problems, even for a new release model, and even compared to other brands. I have some personal doubt about Fiat's leadership as we move forward. One particular thing I don't care for is the Multiair system. It doesn't seem to give any "real world" gas mileage benefits compared to other non Multiair engines , added to which they are noisy , chattering annoyances with a pricey maintenance for non-do-it-yourselfers with the coil packs. Always the battle: Engineer world vs Real world.
      As for PBF, he has been mild compared to what I would have been like faced with a ddct nightmare. No matter how you drive. Cars are meant to drive. If you are supposed to baby them, a warning should be right on the dash like the air bag warnings.
      longtimemopar likes this.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is thinking: I may not be a brian
      surgeon, but at least I don't
      make careless mistakes

Vehicle
      2013 Dart , Bright Silver, 1.4 turbo, Dual Dry Clutch
      Mods
      K & N drop in filter
      Liked
      732 times
      Mentioned
      61 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      As far as, "very few read my posts anyway", that's not true. Come on give us a smile... There, isn't that better?

Now on to the other stuff: yes, sometimes the truth hurts. What is the truth? To some people a little squeak and the car is junk. To others, being towed and not having their car for two weeks goes with the territory of a new model car. Opinions are very subjective. I will admit that I haven't spent time on other car brands sites to hear how wonderful or how awful their cars are. I recently rode (in the back seat) of new Focus. It was a smooth quiet ride. The owner said he was getting decent MPGs. I can't remember how he stated his milage, but it didn't seem real impressive. On a recent trip of several hundred miles of highway(78 mph) and city driving resulted in nearly 35 MPG. My biggest complaint with the DDCT, is in a situation such as, turning a corner off throttle then stepping on the gas and having the delay. Not ready to trade in my Dart.
      Pretty Boy Floyd likes this.
      using WD 40 for cologne

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links