Review thread and thanks to Deyeme: short shift, rod, rear mount, and CDV Delete kit - Page 4
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Review thread and thanks to Deyeme: short shift, rod, rear mount, and CDV Delete kit

This is a discussion on Review thread and thanks to Deyeme: short shift, rod, rear mount, and CDV Delete kit within the Deyeme Racing forums, part of the Vendors category; @ josh16 thanks for the info man that's going to help a lot! I should be able to knock the studs out and I am ...

User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Review thread and thanks to Deyeme: short shift, rod, rear mount, and CDV Delete kit

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Manual Blue Streak Pearl Coat
      Mods
      See signature
      Liked
      163 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      @josh16 thanks for the info man that's going to help a lot! I should be able to knock the studs out and I am just going to try getting the same size bolts and nuts and replacing them. If needed for Clarence I'll just cut part of the bolt head off but have done it before on my aveo and didn't hit any issues after. Hoping to still get the one nut off the stud without snapping it but this time I'm going to play it smart and use wire brush on it first and a healthy helping of PB blaster and if needed a torch. If I can save the one nut and stud, I think it should be easy to knock the one broken one out and use a regular bolt and nut without removing the exhaust manifold/cat.

Quote Originally Posted by dad's dart View Post
      I don't usually read the threads on doing mods. But I stumbled upon this one. All I can say is that you guys have alot of guts being able to dive into this stuff . I don't have the knowledge and/or ability. But even if I did, I don't think I'd have the courage !! My hat's off to you!!!
      Awe man thanks. I have worked on my own cars since well.. my first car. I sound a little helpless here when I shouldn't but it's more of 'oh fudge this car is too new to find at the junk yard for parts' lol. Not many around me here, but yeah I'll make it work.

This is just out of the norm for me with the dart being as new as it is. I know maybe a bit different for a lot of folks on here but this is the newest car I have ever worked on. Definitely the first using can bus, also the first being a Dodge, as well as being the first car that didn't have a 8+ year legacy. So I'm sorry for freaking out a little on a measly exhaust bolt! Lol.

As crazy as it sounds @dad's_dart, I don't know what your occupation is but I'm sure I would feel the same about what you do. I have found a lot of things are the same really it's just what you happen to fall into and feel comfortable with. I'm a network administrator (in 2 weeks a network analyst which is just a fancier higher paid network administrator) and people tell me all the time they would be scared to death to do my job. It's not that bad. It's like decorating a cake. If you screw up, improvise, fix it. It's never all lost unless you their your hands on the air and give up. It can always be fixed, life lessons learned. Just like being a parts house worker, construction worker, cake decorator, or guitar player (I gave up on that eons ago and never did it for a living! Lol), computer networker, call center representative, husband, father.. I have been all of these throughout my life. And have failed greatly at some of it. Failed greatly at times in all of it. The theme continues. It's the passion in you that drives you to be good at whatever it is life throws at you.. and money doesn't hurt.. just saying.
      Last edited by Dartanyion; 02-10-2019 at 09:36 PM.
      dad's dart likes this.
      Mods:
      NGK LZTR4A-11 5306 copper spark plugs gapped to .048
      MOPAR Cold Air Intake
      MOPAR Shift knob
      Deyeme ice blue CDV delete
      Deyeme Short shift arm
      Deyeme ice blue shift rod
      Deyeme ice blue Firm Rear Trans Mount
      Kenda Kaiser KR-20s (Front)
      Metal blue valve stem caps
      Chrome door handle covers

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Voting in 2020. Because
      Hindsight IS.

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Michelin Primacy's Former: Dart Turbo Man.
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob and Weathertech mats!
      Liked
      2678 times
      Mentioned
      106 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Dartanyion View Post
      @josh16 thanks for the info man that's going to help a lot! I should be able to knock the studs out and I am just going to try getting the same size bolts and nuts and replacing them. If needed for Clarence I'll just cut part of the bolt head off but have done it before on my aveo and didn't hit any issues after. Hoping to still get the one nut off the stud without snapping it but this time I'm going to play it smart and use wire brush on it first and a healthy helping of PB blaster and if needed a torch. If I can save the one nut and stud, I think it should be easy to knock the one broken one out and use a regular bolt and nut without removing the exhaust manifold/cat.

Awe man thanks. I have worked on my own cars since well.. my first car. I sound a little helpless here when I shouldn't but it's more of 'oh fudge this car is too new to find at the junk yard for parts' lol. Not many around me here, but yeah I'll make it work.

This is just out of the norm for me with the dart being as new as it is. I know maybe a bit different for a lot of folks on here but this is the newest car I have ever worked on. Definitely the first using can bus, also the first being a Dodge, as well as being the first car that didn't have a 8+ year legacy. So I'm sorry for freaking out a little on a measly exhaust bolt! Lol.

As crazy as it sounds @dad's_dart, I don't know what your occupation is but I'm sure I would feel the same about what you do. I have found a lot of things are the same really it's just what you happen to fall into and feel comfortable with. I'm a network administrator (in 2 weeks a network analyst which is just a fancier higher paid network administrator) and people tell me all the time they would be scared to death to do my job. It's not that bad. It's like decorating a cake. If you screw up, improvise, fix it. It's never all lost unless you their your hands on the air and give up. It can always be fixed, life lessons learned. Just like being a parts house worker, construction worker, cake decorator, or guitar player (I gave up on that eons ago and never did it for a living! Lol), computer networker, call center representative, husband, father.. I have been all of these throughout my life. And have failed greatly at some of it. Failed greatly at times in all of it. The theme continues. It's the passion in you that drives you to be good at whatever it is life throws at you.. and money doesn't hurt.. just saying.
      I am retired now, but I made my living as a retail sales person for most of my life. Although I am by nature very mechanically inclined . I repaired home appliances for awhile in my youth but I found it too physically exhausting and as the kids would say today "soul crushing"... LOL.... So, I did my second best talent to make money : Bull**** Artist ! But as for cars, I always found them too intimidating to work on without access to a proper lift and all the expensive tools . Although, today with You Tube, you can learn to fix a heck of alot of stuff without winging it.
      Dartanyion likes this.
      ​Take Me To Your Leader

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      See signature
      Liked
      163 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I am retired now, but I made my living as a retail sales person for most of my life. Although I am by nature very mechanically inclined . I repaired home appliances for awhile in my youth but I found it too physically exhausting and as the kids would say today "soul crushing"... LOL.... So, I did my second best talent to make money : Bull**** Artist ! But as for cars, I always found them too intimidating to work on without access to a proper lift and all the expensive tools . Although, today with You Tube, you can learn to fix a heck of alot of stuff without winging it.
      Bull**** artist?! Hey we have something in common there

I found them extremely intimidating at first. And to be honest cars now-a-days are even more so with all the sensors.. The first time I actually 'worked' on my own car, it was my first vehicle. A Chevy S10 with a small 3.2L V6. The rotor in the distributor cap basically disintegrated pulling away from a stop light and I want to say this was back in 1999? Maybe 2000? I remember I had just graduated high school and I was going to take a drug test for a job interview... I never made it to the appointment because of the truck.. I was able to call my stepdad and he suggested checking a few things. I ended up going and getting what I needed. I couldn't figure out how to put the parts on but it seemed like they were too big for what they were comparing to the old parts, but I didn't know what to do. I was kinda stuck in a town I had never been to before and didn't know anyone. So I brought the distributor cap back, and they gave me the right one (figures they were probably like.. this kid doesn't know jack), but so I went and put it on and it fit! BUT.... Now it was bucking and jerking and all kinda what not. I didn't pay attention when I took the plug wires off the distributor cap and didn't know the firing order (go figure), so BACK to Autozone I go, they give me the firing order, I put the wires back the way they described.. And .. same issue. After going round for round trying to find the right firing order my stepdad came to help me and he made me realize something... I thought I had the 4.2L v6 because someone told me it was almost a V8 I had so I thought it was the biggest V6 available for the truck....

So after taking the spark plugs back for the right ones for the engine size it was, and the distributor cap was the right size, and getting the right firing order (and a distributor and battery later since I trashed those trying to crank it with the wrong parts/firing order for god knows how long), the truck ran fine.

After that, helped replace a manual fuel pump in a Chrysler 5th Avenue (jesus I wish it were still that easy!!), after that changed spark plugs on my truck and it just kinda dominoed. Now-a-days it's hard for me to pay someone to fix my car. For one because you can never think they are going to put the level of love and attention to your vehicle as you would, because you are just a number to them. A sack of cash walking through the door. If I do it, I am worried about my safety and my family's safety so I know I am not going to half ass it. For two because it is very expensive. I think it's a crock of sh*t what dealers are charging for the most ridiculous things these day... Looking on here, people paying close to $1000 for mounts to be replaced, upper hundreds just to change damn spark plugs and coils.. I understand people need money. It's like when I worked for a Ford dealer and shops would yak about the prices of the parts (they DO float on price and yes you ARE paying at least half in commission to the sales desk), and I would say 'we all gotta eat man'. They have to pay me, the sales desk folks, shipping for the part, and the part itself. Just because it's a dealer doesn't mean the dealer lot get's the part for free. Prices fluxuate in the system from the manufacturer. But at the same time charging $1000 or more to replace 3 mounts at dealer pricing which is around $450 and charging over $80/hr for labor x inflated labor hours in the book, and still paying the tech actually doing the work a quarter what they are charging the consumer FOR the work is just insane. I feel like people are money hungry. And I like my money so they can f* off. I grew up poor. I value every dollar I have worked for. And I'm not bashing on people who do pay people to get their cars fixed. Honestly these days at the ripe old age of almost 40 (but feel like I'm 70), it takes a lot out of me to work on my car. Even just taking the belly pan off my Dart the other day and snapping that stud, it felt like I got the crap beat out of me. I yearn for a day when I can buy a car when I can take it to a shop and say 'hey you deal with it'. But I have tools and at the end of the day, I have seen first hand many times where shops screw something up on purpose and people have to come back in 4 months because 'i dunno what happened it was fine till today'.. Not all shops do it and most dealers wouldn't but yeah.. It's bad.
      dad's dart likes this.
      Mods:
      MOPAR Cold Air Intake
      MOPAR Shift knob
      Deyeme Short shift arm

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3875 times
      Mentioned
      211 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Yes, the Internet is like manna from the heavens for anybody who is inclined to be a DIY type but doesn't have access to a skilled mentor or something like that. I've learned how to do plumbing, proper household wiring (it's not something you want to do incorrectly), and how to work on cars primarily from the Internet, along with a lot of other skills.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      See signature
      Liked
      163 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      Yes, the Internet is like manna from the heavens for anybody who is inclined to be a DIY type but doesn't have access to a skilled mentor or something like that. I've learned how to do plumbing, proper household wiring (it's not something you want to do incorrectly), and how to work on cars primarily from the Internet, along with a lot of other skills.
      Yep, ask anyone in IT. In interviews it's almost an inevitability to receive the question 'Ok, so you are working on a server and you are having issues getting a config to work. Support on the server will take two days for someone to get back to you, what do you do'. The correct answer every time is google the issue and learn what you can to fix it yourself if possible before you can get support for it. Google has changed the entire human race. It's probably the biggest money maker, as well as money saver along with youtube howto videos possibly ever. Do I trust Google? Hell no.. But I don't know what I would do without it.
      dad's dart and Mass_Paul like this.
      Mods:
      MOPAR Cold Air Intake
      MOPAR Shift knob
      Deyeme Short shift arm

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      769 times
      Mentioned
      135 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      @Dartanyion , not sure if this may help to replace the manifold stud that snapped. 2nd gen Neons and a bunch of other Chryslers used this part number:
      6505926AA
      M8x1.25x40.00
      Name:  6505926AA2gmanifoldstud.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  40.2 KB

Does the Dart manifold bolt look similar?
      -Case

16 Dart SXT 2.0 TorRed stock
      16 Dart SE 2.0 Laser Blue Pearl stock
      98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
      95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
      18 Ram 1500 3.6 4x4 Std Cab Delmonico Red stock

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      See signature
      Liked
      163 times
      Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by alpinegreenneon View Post
      @Dartanyion , not sure if this may help to replace the manifold stud that snapped. 2nd gen Neons and a bunch of other Chryslers used this part number:
      6505926AA
      M8x1.25x40.00
      Name:  6505926AA2gmanifoldstud.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  40.2 KB

Does the Dart manifold bolt look similar?
      Thank you very much man, but no. It doesn't look like that (I don't think). It's M8 x 1.25 x 8 and here's some pictures from another thread where someone had to do the same thing:

Attachment 104793

I believe this may be what it looks like but not sure - this is from the coupler to the resonator and not the cat, but I will try to get a camera in there and see if I can verify if it is different at least at the head. Feeling it feels like a nub and not a head.

Last edited by Dartanyion; 02-12-2019 at 09:24 AM.
      Mods:
      MOPAR Cold Air Intake
      MOPAR Shift knob
      Deyeme Short shift arm

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      769 times
      Mentioned
      135 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I'll send an email to Benny @AllMoparParts.com and see if he possibly has numbers for the stud and the nut. It should not matter if there is an actual head or a nub. Seems like a spline would be there since it goes through a casting and you would not want it to turn while tightening the nut. I can't imagine that there isn't a separate part number for this. Anything on the exhaust side is going to rust.
      Last edited by alpinegreenneon; 02-12-2019 at 09:35 AM.
      Dartanyion likes this.
      -Case

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      769 times
      Mentioned
      135 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Looking at a pic from the FSM, it looks like the part number I posted might work. The splines would hold it in the casting, then the pic shows it gets necked down, and then threads.

Name:  dartmanifoldstuds.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  24.9 KB
      -Case

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
      769 times
      Mentioned
      135 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Almost looks like the stud is supposed to snap where it necks down.
      -Case

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links