new item: PF1MTSLNKA: Manual Trans Shift Control Arm - shorter shift throw made easy
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

new item: PF1MTSLNKA: Manual Trans Shift Control Arm - shorter shift throw made easy

This is a discussion on new item: PF1MTSLNKA: Manual Trans Shift Control Arm - shorter shift throw made easy within the Deyeme Racing forums, part of the Vendors category; Ever since replacing the mostly-missing shift control rod (tension strut) bushing on the trans in our '13 Dart Rallye, we've been eyeballing the shift control ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree25Likes

Thread: new item: PF1MTSLNKA: Manual Trans Shift Control Arm - shorter shift throw made easy

Supporting Vendor
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Vendor
      is feeling spring in the air

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye--- 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T--- 1996 Dodge Neon ACR Coupe
      Mods
      DMR plate bracket, poly mounts, wheel spacers and lug bolts, and lots more - see our site for detail
      Liked
      698 times
      Mentioned
      222 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Ever since replacing the mostly-missing shift control rod (tension strut) bushing on the trans in our '13 Dart Rallye, we've been eyeballing the shift control ARM (the thing the rod connects the shift lever to) as a way to shorten shifter throw. I first drilled and tapped a hole in our OE arm to see where the ideal mount point would be. By then, we had replaced our polyurethane bushing with a complete stainless steel shift control rod, (p/n PF1MTSLNKS). We went through some minor revisions and had a few samples machined of a new billet aluminum shift control arm. More tiny rework and revisions, and it was finally ready for production.

We now have an adjustable Shift Control Arm, with an OE-length and short-length throw. Construction is billet aluminum with steel ball stud. It's both LIGHTER and STRONGER than the piece it replaces, and works with the OE shift control rod and ours. Because the holes in our Shift Control Arm are individually threaded, there's no concern about slippage or twisting the part like you might get if it had one long slotted hole. Changing the throw is as easy as unscrewing the stud and moving it to the other hole, with no need for removing the arm from the trans or the rod from the arm. The arm can be purchased alone, or you can buy it with our SS Shift Control Rod, which will save you $10, making our version the most AFFORDABLE way to shorten the shift throw in your Dart! And while I'm pretty happy with the shifter height, this would probably make an awesome combo mod with the MPX short shifter, too!

oh yea... pics!

OEM Shift Control Rod, OE w/ DMR bushing, and DMR SS version w/ black accent hose

New Shift Control Arm, w/ OE and Short throw ball stud mounting positions

Shift Control Rod & Arm installed

Ride of the Month
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is What to do next?

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart Aero 1.4L Turbo w/ 6-speed Manual Trans.
      Mods
      CHECK THE SIGNATURE PUNK!
      Liked
      1713 times
      Mentioned
      260 Post(s)
      Tagged
      2 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by DeyemeRacing View Post
      Ever since replacing the mostly-missing shift control rod (tension strut) bushing on the trans in our '13 Dart Rallye, we've been eyeballing the shift control ARM (the thing the rod connects the shift lever to) as a way to shorten shifter throw. I first drilled and tapped a hole in our OE arm to see where the ideal mount point would be. By then, we had replaced our polyurethane bushing with a complete stainless steel shift control rod, (p/n PF1MTSLNKS). We went through some minor revisions and had a few samples machined of a new billet aluminum shift control arm. More tiny rework and revisions, and it was finally ready for production.

We now have an adjustable Shift Control Arm, with an OE-length and short-length throw. Construction is billet aluminum with steel ball stud. It's both LIGHTER and STRONGER than the piece it replaces, and works with the OE shift control rod and ours. Because the holes in our Shift Control Arm are individually threaded, there's no concern about slippage or twisting the part like you might get if it had one long slotted hole. Changing the throw is as easy as unscrewing the stud and moving it to the other hole, with no need for removing the arm from the trans or the rod from the arm. The arm can be purchased alone, or you can buy it with our SS Shift Control Rod, which will save you $10, making our version the most AFFORDABLE way to shorten the shift throw in your Dart! And while I'm pretty happy with the shifter height, this would probably make an awesome combo mod with the MPX short shifter, too!

oh yea... pics!

OEM Shift Control Rod, OE w/ DMR bushing, and DMR SS version w/ black accent hose

New Shift Control Arm, w/ OE and Short throw ball stud mounting positions

Shift Control Rod & Arm installed
      This looks pretty solid! One last big question you forgot to answer on everyone's mind... How much? and one question on my mind is Will it work with a pre-existing short throw shift arm? Like the ones made by Craven Speed or Modern Performance?
      Last edited by Exitus04; 07-09-2018 at 08:02 AM.
      FOR P0299 CODE: REPLACE YOUR BOOST SOLENOID EITHER VIA THE DEALER OR OEM REPLACEMENT...

1 of 81 BUILT IDENTICAL

Mods:
      - MPx Intercooler Pipes
      - Custom Built 3" SRI w/ K&N cone filter
      - Stock Wastegate Adjustment (8mm)
      - RRM Lightweight Pulley
      - DRP Race Dump
      - AEM Boost Gauge
      - CravenSpeed TB Spacer
      - ECS Tuning Catch Can on the line from the PCV to the intake manifold
      - 17"x 7" Konig Control Matte Black Rims
      - BF-Goodrich G-Force Sport COMP-2 tires
      - Black Bezel Headlight Swap
      - RRM Ultimate Stage 3 Tune
      - Drilled & Slotted Brake Rotors
      - Cravenspeed Short Throw Shifter
      - XenonSupply 6000K HID headlights
      - Progress Rear Sway Bar
      - Energy Bushings
      - Moog Front & Rear End Links
      - Deyeme Flex Rear Engine Mount
      - Deyeme CDV Delete
      - HPSI Silicone Vacuum Hose Kit
      - Red Plasti-Dipped Crosshair, Fog light accents & "Mouth" grille
      - AGS Assembly Removal
      - Bosch Alfa Romeo 4C CoilPacks
      - 27" x 7" x 2.5" Upgraded FMIC
      - RRM Hi-Flow Cat Downpipe
      - PTP Turbo Blanket
      - Heat Wrapped Cold Intercooler Pipe
      - Weathertech In-channel Air/rain Deflectors
      - Squadra Sportiva Carbon Nero S shift knob
      - Moog Front Wheel Bearings
      - Oracle Red Halos
      - Forge Atmospheric BOV
      SOON TO COME: MTD Cam, Exhaust Manifold, Turbo & Tune

Supporting Vendor
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Vendor

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye--- 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T--- 1996 Dodge Neon ACR Coupe
      Mods
      DMR plate bracket, poly mounts, wheel spacers and lug bolts, and lots more - see our site for detail
      Liked
      698 times
      Mentioned
      222 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Exitus04 View Post
      This looks pretty solid! One last big question you forgot to answer on everyone's mind... How much? and one question on my mind is Will it work with a pre-existing short throw shift arm? Like the ones made by Craven Speed or Modern Performance?
      Just like the Shift Control Rod, sold by itself, it's $49. If you buy both the Rod and Arm, you get $10 off - so instead of $98, it's $88. Shipping is discounted when they're purchased together, too.

The MPX short shifter is in the console, not on the trans, so the two parts should work fine together. Same with the CravenSpeed unit, from what I've seen. I haven't tested either one with ours to know the exact change in throw, but if it's too extreme as a combo, you can move the ball stud from the center to outer position to see if you like it better (without going through all the remove/replace steps, since the stud is threaded and not pressed on).
      Last edited by DeyemeRacing; 08-15-2018 at 02:26 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Newb
      Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited 6 spd
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Ordered both of these today! Can’t wait to install!

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM LW pulley, EC CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, Rally Armors, Heartthrob exhaust
      Liked
      1950 times
      Mentioned
      288 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      @DeyemeRacing if am not mistaken, is the shift rod not compatible with the newer darts? I have a 15 and I remember buying the bushing and seeing that my shift rod was entirely different than what was on the previous models, and what's pictured. I am assuming if I took it off, I would be able to use the new one though, but was not sure. This is pretty awesome though. If this was compatible with my car I will probably look into buying it. I will have to take a look, but I am pretty sure the small side that connects to the shift control arm would be the same.
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE

Supporting Vendor
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Vendor

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      698 times
      Mentioned
      222 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Cntrollerfanboy View Post
      @DeyemeRacing if am not mistaken, is the shift rod not compatible with the newer darts? I have a 15 and I remember buying the bushing and seeing that my shift rod was entirely different than what was on the previous models, and what's pictured. I am assuming if I took it off, I would be able to use the new one though, but was not sure. This is pretty awesome though. If this was compatible with my car I will probably look into buying it. I will have to take a look, but I am pretty sure the small side that connects to the shift control arm would be the same.
      It's not that it isn't compatible, but that if you have one of the rare small-on-both-ends versions of the OE rod, our SS Shift Control Rod doesn't have the same advantage of eliminating the bushing (since yours doesn't have the bushing in the first place). The rest of what's around it is the same, though, with ball studs on the shift control arm and weighted lever. So, you could still get our shift control rod if you wanted extra attention to detail for show (ours has silicone sleeve available in different colors) but we also sell the rod and arm as separate pieces for those like you, who don't need the rod, or others that have already bought ours or a new OE replacement.

So, you can buy one, the other, or both, the way we have them listed on our website.
      Cntrollerfanboy likes this.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

in...yo

Vehicle
      Mods
      RRM LW pulley, EC CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, Rally Armors, Heartthrob exhaust
      Liked
      1950 times
      Mentioned
      288 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      It's not that it isn't compatible, but that if you have one of the rare small-on-both-ends versions of the OE rod, our SS Shift Control Rod doesn't have the same advantage of eliminating the bushing (since yours doesn't have the bushing in the first place). The rest of what's around it is the same, though, with ball studs on the shift control arm and weighted lever. So, you could still get our shift control rod if you wanted extra attention to detail for show (ours has silicone sleeve available in different colors) but we also sell the rod and arm as separate pieces for those like you, who don't need the rod, or others that have already bought ours or a new OE replacement.

So, you can buy one, the other, or both, the way we have them listed on our website.
      Will you be making the trip to Midwest this year? If so I will definitely pick one up there!

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero, 1.4L, 6MT
      Liked
      12 times
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      My bushing was just starting to tear so I just installed both the arm and rod this past weekend. Easy to follow instructions. I already had the Craven short throw and decided to use the short throw point on the new shift arm as well. With the reduced leverage, you need to push/pull a little harder to get into gear but there's a noticeable difference in the throw and solidness of the shift.
      Mods:
      • Injen CAI
      • MPx Bored Throttle Body
      • MPx Front Strut Bar
      • MPx Lightweight Underdrive Pulley
      • GFB DV+ Valve
      • PTP Turbo Blanket
      • HPSI Silicone Vacuum Hose Kit
      • Tork Hot/Cold Intercooler Piping
      • Deyeme Racing Rear Motor Mount
      • Deyeme CDV Delete
      • Deyeme Shift Control Arm and Rod
      • Craven Speed Short Throw Shift Kit w/knob
      • Mopar Rear Sway Bar
      • Drilled & Slotted Brake Rotors
      • MPx Hood Lift Strut Kit
      • 40% Tint
      • Black Headlamp Housings
      • 17" Rallye Trim Wheels

Supporting Vendor
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Vendor

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      698 times
      Mentioned
      222 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Cntrollerfanboy View Post
      Will you be making the trip to Midwest this year? If so I will definitely pick one up there!
      Unfortunately, no. Events fall into our advertising budget, which we've already exceeded for the year with races and shows. Hopefully it'll be a little closer next year, and we'll be able to make it back again.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

in...yo

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      1950 times
      Mentioned
      288 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Unfortunately, no. Events fall into our advertising budget, which we've already exceeded for the year with races and shows. Hopefully it'll be a little closer next year, and we'll be able to make it back again.
      I'll send you a PM

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links