new item: PF1MTSLNKA: Manual Trans Shift Control Arm - shorter shift throw made easy - Page 7
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

new item: PF1MTSLNKA: Manual Trans Shift Control Arm - shorter shift throw made easy

This is a discussion on new item: PF1MTSLNKA: Manual Trans Shift Control Arm - shorter shift throw made easy within the Deyeme Racing forums, part of the Vendors category; Originally Posted by Caveman_Dave Man, I finally got this installed today. Like others have said, it's kind of a pain to do just because of ...

User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Like Tree25Likes

Thread: new item: PF1MTSLNKA: Manual Trans Shift Control Arm - shorter shift throw made easy

Supporting Vendor
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Vendor
      is feeling spring in the air

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye--- 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T--- 1996 Dodge Neon ACR Coupe
      Mods
      DMR plate bracket, poly mounts, wheel spacers and lug bolts, and lots more - see our site for detail
      Liked
      698 times
      Mentioned
      222 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Caveman_Dave View Post
      Man, I finally got this installed today.

Like others have said, it's kind of a pain to do just because of the tight space. Honestly, the hardest part of the entire mod was getting the old pieces off.... Between prying away at the old bushing (which is in a hard to reach spot) and prying up the old shift control arm (mine was completely stuck to the shaft, took me and my old man 45 minutes with a hammer and a tuning fork to get the thing off), it's just rough to get the old pieces off. Honestly, didn't need to take any other parts off the car. Left everything as-is and just worked around everything. Probably didn't help, but it also wasn't keeping the bushing and control arm stuck in place either. Fiat did a great job engineering these pieces.

But reassembly was easier. Managed to not lose either of the tiny wire clips, and adjusting the position of the stud was a breeze. Everything went together smoothly. And now the car shifts beautifully! I went with the 32% reduction, and it's awesome. The throw is nice and snappy, the gear engagement feels more firm, and I can shift even more quickly than I already was! Think it's time for the CDV delete....

Thanks Travis and the whole Deyeme team for this. It's a simple solution that doesn't cost a fortune.
      You're welcome!!

The CDV Delete and the short shift control arm are a great combo, and makes for some tire chirping fun

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart Aero
      Liked
      7 times
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Last week I received the CDV Delete and Shift Control Rod, both in blue. I had no issues with the CDV, but I figured I'd go ahead and do the delete anyway. The Shift Control Rod on the other hand, kept causing issues getting into Reverse, 1st and 2nd gears. The shift was also incredibly sloppy, allowing the shifter to flop around quite a bit. Now the shifter feels much better and getting into Reverse, 1st and 2nd gears no longer requires near as much effort. Still got more parts to order in the coming weeks, and they will definitely be from Deyeme Racing.... May even go for that short shift lever.....

Tire Carrier
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart Aero 6spd Manual
      Liked
      5 times
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      i just bought this today, maybe i ordered it wrong but i didnt get the discount, i ordered both. 2014 dart. also is there an instructions page? @DeyemeRacing

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Supporting Vendor
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Vendor
      is feeling spring in the air

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye--- 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T--- 1996 Dodge Neon ACR Coupe
      Mods
      DMR plate bracket, poly mounts, wheel spacers and lug bolts, and lots more - see our site for detail
      Liked
      698 times
      Mentioned
      222 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by xphiles View Post
      i just bought this today, maybe i ordered it wrong but i didnt get the discount, i ordered both. 2014 dart. also is there an instructions page? @DeyemeRacing
      Thanks! I see that you ordered each item separately, both without the other as an option. To get the discount, order either one, with the other as an option (rather than both as separate items). It's no problem, though. We can reprocess your order here, and issue a partial refund. You should see an updated invoice in your email shortly.

Instructions are included, and you can also find them online, at MTX Shift Control Rod and Shift Control Arm Installation: FCA PF1 (2013-2016 Dodge Dart) (that page covers the shift control rod and arm).
      Bullfrog likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Sponsored Links