What made you go with firm rather than flex? How is the cabin vibration with the firm? Would you be able to update how the feel and/or vibrations change as the weather gets colder in Michigan?Vehicle: Dart GT Auto with 37k miles. This is my 2nd Dart GT Auto that I have owned and I have noticed on both vehicles that the OEM mounts feel horrendous after 25k of spirited driving. I purchased all 3 mount replacements from Deyeme, however I installed this mount first as this mount causes most of the bucking and wheel hop issues. I will install/review the other mounts at another time.
Immediately I can say there is a night and day difference with the new rear mount installed! The best way to explain it is for me to list the before and after.
1) Bucking. We all know the Darts buck during low speeds when you get on/off the throttle. My car was so bad it would do it at highway speeds.
2) Wandering on roads. As soon as you hit a bump or dip in the road the car would wander all over.
3) Unbalanced suspension. Felt like blown shocks with lots of added rebound.
4) Wheel hop in 1st gear full throttle.
5) Bad throttle response, slow/sloppy shifting.
1) No more buck! The buck stops here! Terrific results considering the mounting setup FCA decided to use on the Dart.
2) Drives straight like it used to.
3) The engine feels planted now. It doesn't feel like it is literally bouncing around in the engine bay.
4) Wheel hop is completely gone. Cold tires and cold pavement outside made this an easy test to verify. 1st gear roasts up to 5k rpms with no hop at all.
5) Throttle response was restored! Shifting returned to what I was familiar with on the Powertech, smooth as butter at light throttle and fast and crisp at full throttle.
Upon removing the OEM mount with 37k miles, I inspected it for wear. The rubber seemed all there, however there was one major problem. The mount was easily manipulated almost 45 degrees using just my hands. Now imagine your engine/trans relying on this mount to keep it in the proper position and to prevent it from moving.
Overall I couldn't be happier with the end results. Price was reasonable in my opinion, Deyeme kept me updated to the status of my order through online messaging, and the product itself was well constructed and put together. I would recommend this product.