Review: Deyeme Firm Rear Mount, 2.4 GT Auto
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

This is a discussion on Review: Deyeme Firm Rear Mount, 2.4 GT Auto within the Deyeme Racing forums, part of the Vendors category; Vehicle: Dart GT Auto with 37k miles. This is my 2nd Dart GT Auto that I have owned and I have noticed on both vehicles ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Review: Deyeme Firm Rear Mount, 2.4 GT Auto

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Auto Bright White
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1133 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Vehicle: Dart GT Auto with 37k miles. This is my 2nd Dart GT Auto that I have owned and I have noticed on both vehicles that the OEM mounts feel horrendous after 25k of spirited driving. I purchased all 3 mount replacements from Deyeme, however I installed this mount first as this mount causes most of the bucking and wheel hop issues. I will install/review the other mounts at another time.

Immediately I can say there is a night and day difference with the new rear mount installed! The best way to explain it is for me to list the before and after.

Before:
      1) Bucking. We all know the Darts buck during low speeds when you get on/off the throttle. My car was so bad it would do it at highway speeds.
      2) Wandering on roads. As soon as you hit a bump or dip in the road the car would wander all over.
      3) Unbalanced suspension. Felt like blown shocks with lots of added rebound.
      4) Wheel hop in 1st gear full throttle.
      5) Bad throttle response, slow/sloppy shifting.

After:
      1) No more buck! The buck stops here! Terrific results considering the mounting setup FCA decided to use on the Dart.
      2) Drives straight like it used to.
      3) The engine feels planted now. It doesn't feel like it is literally bouncing around in the engine bay.
      4) Wheel hop is completely gone. Cold tires and cold pavement outside made this an easy test to verify. 1st gear roasts up to 5k rpms with no hop at all.
      5) Throttle response was restored! Shifting returned to what I was familiar with on the Powertech, smooth as butter at light throttle and fast and crisp at full throttle.

Upon removing the OEM mount with 37k miles, I inspected it for wear. The rubber seemed all there, however there was one major problem. The mount was easily manipulated almost 45 degrees using just my hands. Now imagine your engine/trans relying on this mount to keep it in the proper position and to prevent it from moving.

Overall I couldn't be happier with the end results. Price was reasonable in my opinion, Deyeme kept me updated to the status of my order through online messaging, and the product itself was well constructed and put together. I would recommend this product.
      Zeb, Mass_Paul and McLabia like this.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

is 04-03-2019: Installed Genuine
      Mopar Pedal Kit Manual Part
      Number: 82214197

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT (Pitch Black)
      Mods
      RRM Lightweight Pulley*Injen CAI*MPx Bored Throttle Body*CDV Delete*Flex Rear Mount
      Liked
      348 times
      Mentioned
      19 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Killraven View Post
      Vehicle: Dart GT Auto with 37k miles. This is my 2nd Dart GT Auto that I have owned and I have noticed on both vehicles that the OEM mounts feel horrendous after 25k of spirited driving. I purchased all 3 mount replacements from Deyeme, however I installed this mount first as this mount causes most of the bucking and wheel hop issues. I will install/review the other mounts at another time.

Immediately I can say there is a night and day difference with the new rear mount installed! The best way to explain it is for me to list the before and after.

Before:
      1) Bucking. We all know the Darts buck during low speeds when you get on/off the throttle. My car was so bad it would do it at highway speeds.
      2) Wandering on roads. As soon as you hit a bump or dip in the road the car would wander all over.
      3) Unbalanced suspension. Felt like blown shocks with lots of added rebound.
      4) Wheel hop in 1st gear full throttle.
      5) Bad throttle response, slow/sloppy shifting.

After:
      1) No more buck! The buck stops here! Terrific results considering the mounting setup FCA decided to use on the Dart.
      2) Drives straight like it used to.
      3) The engine feels planted now. It doesn't feel like it is literally bouncing around in the engine bay.
      4) Wheel hop is completely gone. Cold tires and cold pavement outside made this an easy test to verify. 1st gear roasts up to 5k rpms with no hop at all.
      5) Throttle response was restored! Shifting returned to what I was familiar with on the Powertech, smooth as butter at light throttle and fast and crisp at full throttle.

Upon removing the OEM mount with 37k miles, I inspected it for wear. The rubber seemed all there, however there was one major problem. The mount was easily manipulated almost 45 degrees using just my hands. Now imagine your engine/trans relying on this mount to keep it in the proper position and to prevent it from moving.

Overall I couldn't be happier with the end results. Price was reasonable in my opinion, Deyeme kept me updated to the status of my order through online messaging, and the product itself was well constructed and put together. I would recommend this product.
      What made you go with firm rather than flex? How is the cabin vibration with the firm? Would you be able to update how the feel and/or vibrations change as the weather gets colder in Michigan?
      Killraven likes this.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1133 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Mass_Paul View Post
      What made you go with firm rather than flex? How is the cabin vibration with the firm? Would you be able to update how the feel and/or vibrations change as the weather gets colder in Michigan?
      I went with the FIRM because I wanted the stiffest option possible for the rear mount since the solid version is no longer being sold. I also wanted to make SURE it would last until the life of the Dart with my spirited driving style, which I assume to be 150k miles for me. The rear mount is probably the most critical out of the 3 mounts, since it prevents alot of twisting and moving around so the stiffer the better. Again, this is with the Auto so your mileage may vary.

Cabin vibration:
      Car in Park = The slightest vibration.
      Car in Reverse = Somewhat strong vibration.
      Car in Drive at a redlight = The slightest vibration.
      Car in motion = No difference from stock.

I never use A/C so I cannot comment on that, but A/C will definitely amplify what I wrote above. The front defrost adds a tiny bit of added vibration, not much though. Right now we are in the mid 30's temperature here in Michigan. I will let you know how it feels once the really cold air arrives.
      Zeb and Mass_Paul like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Dodge Dart GT 2014 orange
      Mods
      See sign
      Liked
      291 times
      Mentioned
      23 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      I went with the FIRM because I wanted the stiffest option possible for the rear mount since the solid version is no longer being sold. I also wanted to make SURE it would last until the life of the Dart with my spirited driving style, which I assume to be 150k miles for me. The rear mount is probably the most critical out of the 3 mounts, since it prevents alot of twisting and moving around so the stiffer the better. Again, this is with the Auto so your mileage may vary.

Cabin vibration:
      Car in Park = The slightest vibration.
      Car in Reverse = Somewhat strong vibration.
      Car in Drive at a redlight = The slightest vibration.
      Car in motion = No difference from stock.

I never use A/C so I cannot comment on that, but A/C will definitely amplify what I wrote above. The front defrost adds a tiny bit of added vibration, not much though. Right now we are in the mid 30's temperature here in Michigan. I will let you know how it feels once the really cold air arrives.
      I have the flex mount and the vibration will be similar but maybe less extreme. I also notice on take off a little vibration in first gear with the auto trans. With A/C it's just as described but a tide worse. I'm just waiting on the really cold climate of Quebec to see how worse it will get which is the reason why I got the flex mount.
      Mass_Paul and Killraven like this.
      RRM lightweight Pulley + Tuner, HPSI CAI with Ram air, MPX Ceramic coated Header, MPX catback, MPX bored throttle body, Catch Can, Autolite Copper plug, MPX hood strut, Mopar lip kit, Mopar sport hood, Black wrap roof, Rideskinz Spoiler, Eibach Pro-kit, Eibach rear sway bar, Moog Link Kit front/rear

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

Vehicle
      Mods
      RRM Lightweight Pulley*Injen CAI*MPx Bored Throttle Body*CDV Delete*Flex Rear Mount
      Liked
      348 times
      Mentioned
      19 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      All,

Thanks for the info and feedback. I think I will ultimately go with the flex due to this being a daily driver, my wife not a lover of extra noise/vibration, the cold weather of New England winters and my love of AC in the summer.

Did either of you do the install yourself? If so, what are the steps? What components need to be supported and what are the proper methods?
      Killraven likes this.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1133 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      All,

Thanks for the info and feedback. I think I will ultimately go with the flex due to this being a daily driver, my wife not a lover of extra noise/vibration, the cold weather of New England winters and my love of AC in the summer.

Did either of you do the install yourself? If so, what are the steps? What components need to be supported and what are the proper methods?
      Yes, I installed it with the help of a friend. Here is a link to the instructions with pictures. It is pretty easy it just requires an 8mm and 10mm to remove the underbody aero shield, an 18mm to remove the through-bolts of the mount, and the weird reverse torx or whatever it's called, I think 14mm. I did not have the weird socket so I ended up using a multi-point socket and it worked fine. No need to support the engine during this mount swap. When you remove the OEM mount and install the aftermarket mount, you simply need to use your hands to rotate the trans/engine into place. You do NOT need any sort of pry bar, it's that easy to move by hand. The only difficult part was removing the exhaust downpipe nuts, as those were rusted/heat cycled into place. I ended up using an impact socket to remove them, which damaged the nuts so I had to install new nuts. The purpose of removing these nuts on the downpipe is to allow you to push the exhaust out of the way in order to gain access to the rear mount nuts. We took 2 hours, mainly because we used hand tools to remove the aero tray which took forever.

https://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/deye...ine-mount.html

TLDR Install:
      1) I jacked up the front crossmember and then put 2 jackstands under the aluminum frame rails. You need some room to crawl under the vehicle to gain access.
      2) Remove underbody aero shield using the 8mm and 10mm sockets.
      3) Remove downpipe exhaust nuts(I forgot what size the nuts were).
      4) Remove the 18mm nuts on the mount.
      5) Remove the 3 weird shaped nuts on the mount holder.
      6) Remove old mount and reverse the steps.
      Mass_Paul likes this.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1133 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      All,

You already have the CDV installed, so this rear mount should make your manual trans complete. It should feel real good after swapping the mount.
      Mass_Paul likes this.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      348 times
      Mentioned
      19 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Yes, I installed it with the help of a friend. Here is a link to the instructions with pictures. It is pretty easy it just requires an 8mm and 10mm to remove the underbody aero shield, an 18mm to remove the through-bolts of the mount, and the weird reverse torx or whatever it's called, I think 14mm. I did not have the weird socket so I ended up using a multi-point socket and it worked fine. No need to support the engine during this mount swap. When you remove the OEM mount and install the aftermarket mount, you simply need to use your hands to rotate the trans/engine into place. You do NOT need any sort of pry bar, it's that easy to move by hand. The only difficult part was removing the exhaust downpipe nuts, as those were rusted/heat cycled into place. I ended up using an impact socket to remove them, which damaged the nuts so I had to install new nuts. The purpose of removing these nuts on the downpipe is to allow you to push the exhaust out of the way in order to gain access to the rear mount nuts. We took 2 hours, mainly because we used hand tools to remove the aero tray which took forever.

https://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/deye...ine-mount.html

TLDR Install:
      1) I jacked up the front crossmember and then put 2 jackstands under the aluminum frame rails. You need some room to crawl under the vehicle to gain access.
      2) Remove underbody aero shield using the 8mm and 10mm sockets.
      3) Remove downpipe exhaust nuts(I forgot what size the nuts were).
      4) Remove the 18mm nuts on the mount.
      5) Remove the 3 weird shaped nuts on the mount holder.
      6) Remove old mount and reverse the steps.
      On Step 3, do you simply remove the Exhaust Nuts, or do you actually need to also move the downpipe exhaust piping (or other)? If you remove the piping, is it just a clamp fitting, or should it have gasket sealant applied prior to re-installing?

Thanks for all of your knowledge on this, and sorry for all of the directions. I am considering doing this and unfortunately my work space is my driveway outside so i try to eliminate any surprises or unexpected steps during these types of projects. This is also my Daily Driver, so not having it road-worthy is not a option.
      Killraven likes this.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      1133 times
      Mentioned
      73 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      On Step 3, do you simply remove the Exhaust Nuts, or do you actually need to also move the downpipe exhaust piping (or other)? If you remove the piping, is it just a clamp fitting, or should it have gasket sealant applied prior to re-installing?

Thanks for all of your knowledge on this, and sorry for all of the directions. I am considering doing this and unfortunately my work space is my driveway outside so i try to eliminate any surprises or unexpected steps during these types of projects. This is also my Daily Driver, so not having it road-worthy is not a option.
      I found the installation instructions not exactly complete or detailed enough when I read them, so no worries.

The downpipe exhaust piping is held in place by 2 nuts, and is sealed with a metal style gasket. The gasket looked brand new on mine when I removed it so I simply put it back into place.(37k on my Dart). After you remove those 2 nuts, the exhaust pipe is held onto the car with 1 additional nut which is located nearby. Magically my car was missing this additional nut so I skipped that step. Now you can manually bend the exhaust down towards the ground to gain access to the rear mount bolts, as there is a flex pipe in the exhaust located right by the rear mount. Without bending the exhaust out of the way, there is no way to gain access to the bolts as they are right next to the exhaust piping.

I froze my butt off doing this mount. 34 degrees F outside in my driveway lol.
      Last edited by Killraven; 11-22-2017 at 10:44 AM.
      Mass_Paul likes this.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      348 times
      Mentioned
      19 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Once again, thank you and awesome info. Thinking about doing this sooner rather than later, but wanted to make sure I did not have to use any RTV style sealant that may not setup properly in the cold temps in Mass right now. This mod looks like a no-brainer. However, going to go with the Flex for the comfort level and sacrifice some of the performance level.
      Killraven likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links