Dodge Dart Forum banner

Northern Ohio Darts

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  DartGlazz 
#1 ·
I bought the car brand new and have put about 1,200 miles on it as of now. I live in Ohio and because of poor state run transportation funding, the roads have more poorly filled pot holes than I can count, as well as just really bad roads. Because of this, my daily commute is bumpy, to say the least. I know the GT comes with a tighter suspension for the sportier handling, but it's starting to become annoying. My 5 month pregnant wife has to hold on to her goodies because everything just bounces around like a old wooden carnival ride. I'm sure the baby isn't enjoying it either. Is the GT suppose to actually soak every bump for the "pleasure of sportier riding"? Is there a way to loosen up the suspension so it's a smoother ride? Could it just be the cars new and the suspension needs to be broken in? Are there options to have another suspension installed that's more comfortable? Is anyone else having this problem with their GT that they've noticed?
I see you're from the canton area! I used to always be down in that area. With that being said, we have a facebook group for dart owners in your area! :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/northernohiodarts/

We'd love to have you on board :) If you aren't already in it... I lose track sometimes lol

With that being said, do you take 77 or 8 for your daily commute? Like I said I used to drive into that area all the time and the highway was just BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP. I couldn't believe that a HIGHWAY with cars going 60-70mph could be in that bad of shape. And I have a GT too and those bumps drove me insane. I was always so happy to get off those roads. lol

#2 ·
Dude the 77 and 8 are sooo bad still hahaha. I'm driving up to Garfield Heights everyday for a night course and I have to actively watch for huge holes or random concrete bumps. :furious: But yeah I was going to check out that facebook group, I don't do FB much but I wouldn't mind joining.

#3 ·
It's a closed group so anything you post or comment in is kept inside the group. So even if you don't do or like to share much on facebook everything is kept inside the group itself :) My name is matt. I am an admin on that page. Send a request and I'll get you in!

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.