Derailers Anonymous - Page 90
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Derailers Anonymous

This is a discussion on Derailers Anonymous within the Off Topic Forum forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Off-Topic category; @ Killraven , I don't have a brand recommendation but I will tell you that I recently put more money than I should have into ...

User Tag List

Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
    Like Tree658Likes

Thread: Derailers Anonymous

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

is is probably at work, glad his
      boss does not belong to the
      forum

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye Edition, Citrus Peel Pearl Coat! Demon badges
      Mods
      Cosmetic only. Demon badges, LED interior lights, limo black tint, Rimblades, Gloss Black vinyl wrap
      Liked
      217 times
      Mentioned
      43 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      @Killraven , I don't have a brand recommendation but I will tell you that I recently put more money than I should have into a glass stove top unit.....HATED IT, mid December I went back to a element stove top. unless you have perfectly flat cookware, meaning the bottoms of your pans are all straight and flat, you might not get good heat convenience with a glass top.
      I've no experience with inductive stove tops but I have heard they are even more picky about cookware since you have to have ferrous metal cookware (something a magnet will stick to). Now, all this is a mute point if you are lucky enough to have gas available for cooking.
      Killraven likes this.
      FCA made 15 like mine, I made mine a singularity!

If nothing changes, nothing changes!

Life is too short to drive a boring car!

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Auto Bright White
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      677 times
      Mentioned
      47 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by BEMEUP View Post
      @Killraven , I don't have a brand recommendation but I will tell you that I recently put more money than I should have into a glass stove top unit.....HATED IT, mid December I went back to a element stove top. unless you have perfectly flat cookware, meaning the bottoms of your pans are all straight and flat, you might not get good heat convenience with a glass top.
      I've no experience with inductive stove tops but I have heard they are even more picky about cookware since you have to have ferrous metal cookware (something a magnet will stick to). Now, all this is a mute point if you are lucky enough to have gas available for cooking.
      It's funny we have the gas hookup, but don't use it. It was a glass top electric stove, it shattered which is why we need another one. I would like to buy another glass top, because it's simple to clean. A few of my really old pans are warped a bit, and you are correct they do not sit flat on the stovetop but it's no big deal for me. I recently got some awesome stainless pans that work excellent.

With gas stoves I could never adjust them to my liking while cooking. It was hard to adjust from a 5/10 to a 7/10 heat level with the gas flame. I also can't trust my toddler not to turn it on accidentally and blow up the whole house lol.

And to derail- here is a recipe from last night.

3 Chicken Breasts - Halved lengthwise so they are thin, giving you 6 pieces.
      1 Small Bag Spinach
      1 Container Mushrooms - Sliced
      1 Package Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
      1 Small Container Green Onion Cream Cheese - Or mix regular cream cheese with diced green onion
      1/4 Cup Olive Oil
      1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
      Salt + Pepper
      5 Garlic Cloves - Minced

1) Grease a baking pan(9 x 13) and place chicken on the bottom.
      2) Place mushrooms, spinach, and garlic on top of chicken.
      3) In a bowl mix Olive Oil, Chicken Broth, and Cream Cheese together. Pour this mixture over the top of the chicken, spinach, and mushrooms.
      4) Bake at 375 Degrees F for 20 minutes covered with foil(Do not seal foil, just lightly covered). Now Bake 25 minutes uncovered. Now add Cheese on top and bake additional 10 minutes until cheese is lightly browned.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  46.6 KB
      longtimemopar likes this.

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Avenger Operator

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Eagles ;-} Former: Dart Turbo Man. loved him
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob from a Dodge SUV style stitch grip!
      Liked
      2436 times
      Mentioned
      95 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Killraven View Post
      I have to venture into the scary world of modern appliances this weekend. Our stovetop oven has to be replaced and I am worried about the quality of modern appliances. Any brands to stay away from?
      Samsung and LG. Ironically , they both look really top-shelf and get decent reviews. All of their appliances are problem laden .
      As far as ranges are concerned, GE and the Whirlpool "group" (includes Maytag, Kitchenaid and Amana) are very good. Smoothtops are the best. Regular coil models are of a lower quality these days and tend to have bad burners & burner plug connections frequently compared to 20 years ago. Inexpensive cookware like the newer T-Fal (with non health concerning coatings) are my first choice. Induction has been around for many years but the specific type of stainless/magnetic cookware limitations is just plain nuts. Also, they cost at least twice as much. The only plus side to Induction is that the burners produce NO actual heat and are actually cool after the pot/pan is removed. (except the residual warmth from the cookware having been made hot - few seconds).

Quote Originally Posted by Killraven View Post
      It's funny we have the gas hookup, but don't use it. It was a glass top electric stove, it shattered which is why we need another one. I would like to buy another glass top, because it's simple to clean. A few of my really old pans are warped a bit, and you are correct they do not sit flat on the stovetop but it's no big deal for me. I recently got some awesome stainless pans that work excellent.

With gas stoves I could never adjust them to my liking while cooking. It was hard to adjust from a 5/10 to a 7/10 heat level with the gas flame. I also can't trust my toddler not to turn it on accidentally and blow up the whole house lol.

And to derail- here is a recipe from last night.

3 Chicken Breasts - Halved lengthwise so they are thin, giving you 6 pieces.
      1 Small Bag Spinach
      1 Container Mushrooms - Sliced
      1 Package Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
      1 Small Container Green Onion Cream Cheese - Or mix regular cream cheese with diced green onion
      1/4 Cup Olive Oil
      1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
      Salt + Pepper
      5 Garlic Cloves - Minced

1) Grease a baking pan(9 x 13) and place chicken on the bottom.
      2) Place mushrooms, spinach, and garlic on top of chicken.
      3) In a bowl mix Olive Oil, Chicken Broth, and Cream Cheese together. Pour this mixture over the top of the chicken, spinach, and mushrooms.
      4) Bake at 375 Degrees F for 20 minutes covered with foil(Do not seal foil, just lightly covered). Now Bake 25 minutes uncovered. Now add Cheese on top and bake additional 10 minutes until cheese is lightly browned.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  46.6 KB
      Yummo! I am the family chef. My wife knows how to cook but since she can't retire yet, she uses the "cat wants to sit with me after work excuse". Of course, she knows I put the cat first, and, on a lofty pedestal.
      Last edited by youngsmith53; 01-12-2017 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Merging back to back posts per .org guidelines.
      Killraven and longtimemopar like this.
      I was born in the fifties, came of age in the 60's. That should give enough information to understand. Thank You, in advance!

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Avenger Operator

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Eagles ;-} Former: Dart Turbo Man. loved him
      Mods
      Liked
      2436 times
      Mentioned
      95 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Speaking of the Derailers Anonymous Meetings for 2017:
      The "membership" this year requires no forms or background stories from any of the new member requests. Just show up. It's that easy.
      Remember, being a thread (Forum) derailer is a common affliction and nothing to be embarrassed about. It does , many times, go "undiagnosed". As with all addictions, management of the undesirable effects on both yourself and others IS Manageable . Sometimes, just getting into a group discussion or the trading of experiences, is all it takes to get on the road to recovery. Although it is true that "Once a Derailer, Always a Derailer" has some validity, it doesn't mean that one can't go on to lead productive lives with a bit less negative feelings about yourself . As it is said "It's gonna be ok.... there is always light at the end of the tunnel. " The journey is the reward. Arrival at some imagined destination/condition is merely something we all manufacture in our own minds.
      Good luck in 2017. And hope to see new members soon!

Name:  meeting place.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  42.7 KB
      Last edited by dad's dart; 01-13-2017 at 04:24 AM.
      I was born in the fifties, came of age in the 60's. That should give enough information to understand. Thank You, in advance!

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Avenger Operator

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      2436 times
      Mentioned
      95 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      A nod to the past :

Name:  railroad.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  1.67 MBName:  railroad2.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  34.9 KB

and a thought posed as a question: Will we ever see the day that's been talked about for decades where truly convenient and efficient monorail systems will end some of the urban transportation dilemmas?
      Or does the nonsense of driverless cars appeal more to our privacy and imagined ownership desires?
      Name:  railroad3.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  67.3 KB

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is thinking: I may not be a brian
      surgeon, but at least I don't
      make careless mistakes

Vehicle
      2013 Dart , Bright Silver, 1.4 turbo, Dual Dry Clutch
      Mods
      K & N drop in filter
      Liked
      675 times
      Mentioned
      55 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

Ping pong players not athletes? Ha!
      dad's dart likes this.
      using WD 40 for cologne

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Avenger Operator

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      2436 times
      Mentioned
      95 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      ^ I've heard a lot of "back and forth" about this sport for years........ same goes for Badminton .
      longtimemopar likes this.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is thinking: I may not be a brian
      surgeon, but at least I don't
      make careless mistakes

Vehicle
      2013 Dart , Bright Silver, 1.4 turbo, Dual Dry Clutch
      Mods
      K & N drop in filter
      Liked
      675 times
      Mentioned
      55 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dad's dart View Post
      ^ I've heard a lot of "back and forth" about this sport for years........ same goes for Badminton .
      BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

dad's dart likes this.
      using WD 40 for cologne

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Auto Bright White
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      677 times
      Mentioned
      47 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      "The new Mustang features a 10 speed automatic transmission."

That's all folks, it's over from here on out. Might as well go for the semi-truck 18 speed next.
      longtimemopar and dad's dart like this.

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Avenger Operator

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      2436 times
      Mentioned
      95 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dad's dart View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by longtimemopar View Post
      BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Hehheh... yeah.... it is something I always wanted to take a swing at ......

Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links