Derailers Anonymous - Page 100
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Derailers Anonymous

This is a discussion on Derailers Anonymous within the Off Topic Forum forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Off-Topic category; The property wasn't perfect but for the price I still liked it. It is 40 acres for 52k. 40 acres = 1/4 mile wide x ...

User Tag List

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100
    Results 991 to 1,000 of 1000
    Like Tree658Likes

Thread: Derailers Anonymous

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart GT Auto Bright White
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      677 times
      Mentioned
      47 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      The property wasn't perfect but for the price I still liked it. It is 40 acres for 52k. 40 acres = 1/4 mile wide x 1/4 mile long. There is a small creek in the back of the property which is always nice. The land itself contains Red Pines, a common tree found in Northern Michigan. It is a fast growing and straight growing tree that self prunes itself and loves the Northern Michigan sandy soil. The trees can grow to be a few hundred years old. That being said, the property WAS full of trees but the owner harvested them roughly 5 years ago and only left 1 out of 5. That is not necessarily a bad thing, since these trees do not like to be crowded when mature. The trees were planted in the early 1900's, so they are about 100 years old and very robust. As you can see in the picture, the 40 acres is the land above Reno Road and as a reference, the trees BELOW Reno Road have NOT been harvested yet, so you can see how full they are.
      Name:  reno.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  125.1 KB

The problem with Red Pines is that they tend to have a very limited ecosystem. It's harder to find animals in Red Pine forests and it's also harder for other tree species and plant species to grow. When I walked the property I did not see any deer tracks, which is not good. The land itself is also perfectly flat, a feature some might find attractive but not for me, it's boring and not good for what I want to do. My grandfathers property has a different type of pine tree called a Jack Pine. This type of pine forest has a fully flourishing ecosystem. It also creates rich earthy soil when it decomposes. To me it seems that the Red Pine covers the ground with it's long needs and prevents any plant life from growing. I will keep this land on my list but it's not my #1 choice by far.

Good: price, secluded, small creek, large trees could be used to make a log cabin.
      Bad: flatland, lack of ecosystem and wildlife.

Random photos for reference from Google(Not the actual property I visited):
      Name:  2544068_orig.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  445.3 KB
      As you see pictured above, this is how the forests were planted in rows just like crops.
      Name:  13898.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  308.9 KB
      You can see above how big these Red Pines get. These are about the same size as the ones remaining on the property. Notice the lack of vegetation growing?
      longtimemopar and Showboy like this.

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Avenger Operator

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Eagles ;-} Former: Dart Turbo Man. loved him
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob from a Dodge SUV style stitch grip!
      Liked
      2436 times
      Mentioned
      95 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Have you considered an intricate maze of "tree houses" interwoven between the tall trees with connective vine style bridge/walkways to facilitate movement above ground and so on? Perhaps growing edible vegetation in durable aqua pods? Perhaps a man made mini lake for the purpose of a self sustained fish hatchery ?
      Wild Turkey reservation?
      Name:  tree2.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  83.8 KBName:  tree3.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  90.1 KBName:  tree4.jpg
Size:  114.1 KBName:  tree5.jpg
Size:  9.0 KBName:  tree6.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  304.9 KB
      I was born in the fifties, came of age in the 60's. That should give enough information to understand. Thank You, in advance!

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      677 times
      Mentioned
      47 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Well I do fancy the tv show "Treehouse Masters" and I could have CATwalks connecting the pod rooms on the trees.

I literally just found a much better property for sale online, this one is more my style with normal hardwoods and with an even bigger creek all for the same price!
      longtimemopar and Showboy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT Special Edition
      Mods
      Fascia painted black, heated mirrors w/ turn signals and courtesy lights plus more.
      Liked
      736 times
      Mentioned
      101 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dad's dart View Post
      Arkansas! That reminds me of an old Bill Clinton story. The first year he was president, he and Hillary attended the first baseball game of the season. The umpire saw Bill and whispered something in his ear.
      Suddenly, Bill walked back to his seat and told Hillary she "had to leave NOW!" The umpire walked over and saw what was happening and yelled out to Bill : "NO! I asked you to throw out the First Pitch ! "
      Har har hardee har harr .
      There's a town in Arkansas which shares your comment.

Name:  Hardy.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  144.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Killraven View Post
      Well I do fancy the tv show "Treehouse Masters" and I could have CATwalks connecting the pod rooms on the trees.

I literally just found a much better property for sale online, this one is more my style with normal hardwoods and with an even bigger creek all for the same price!
      I really like the idea of a creek on the property. My family owns quite a bit of land in Arkansas and we have creeks running through the land.

I also like Treehouse Masters.

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Avenger Operator

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Eagles ;-} Former: Dart Turbo Man. loved him
      Mods
      Liked
      2436 times
      Mentioned
      95 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Showboy View Post
      There's a town in Arkansas which shares your comment.

Name:  Hardy.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  144.9 KB

I really like the idea of a creek on the property. My family owns quite a bit of land in Arkansas and we have creeks running through the land.

I also like Treehouse Masters.
      Showboy, that area in Arkansas with the sign you posted..... is that the area famous for inviting visitors to "Get your Hard ON !" ? Those specialty shops should be noteworthy.......
      I was born in the fifties, came of age in the 60's. That should give enough information to understand. Thank You, in advance!

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      677 times
      Mentioned
      47 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      What a time to be alive. Every voting period it seems 1 or 2 more states have joined the common sense train. Schedule 1, what a complete insult to the American people and the world. At the same time you have pharmaceutical companies trying their best to recreate it and bottle it for sale. Doesn't that go directly against the reasoning for schedule 1, hmmm funny how that works.

Name:  2694f788b56cc58fd25086ba5306d545.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  31.3 KB

Marijuana is one of the safest things you can use in regards to the world of substances and far safer than any prescription pill. I will continue to advocate the use of marijuana for people above the age of 18, both recreation and medicinally, until the day I die. I will also continue to advocate that alcohol is the worst possible thing.

As always, I am here to answer any questions about the subject. Feel free to ask me, even if you think it's a stupid question.
      dad's dart likes this.

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is thinking: I may not be a brian
      surgeon, but at least I don't
      make careless mistakes

Vehicle
      2013 Dart , Bright Silver, 1.4 turbo, Dual Dry Clutch
      Mods
      K & N drop in filter
      Liked
      675 times
      Mentioned
      55 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Size:  12.7 KB

.....ok.......what?
      using WD 40 for cologne

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Avenger Operator

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      2436 times
      Mentioned
      95 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      What a time to be alive. Every voting period it seems 1 or 2 more states have joined the common sense train. Schedule 1, what a complete insult to the American people and the world. At the same time you have pharmaceutical companies trying their best to recreate it and bottle it for sale. Doesn't that go directly against the reasoning for schedule 1, hmmm funny how that works.

Name:  2694f788b56cc58fd25086ba5306d545.jpg
Size:  31.3 KB

Marijuana is one of the safest things you can use in regards to the world of substances and far safer than any prescription pill. I will continue to advocate the use of marijuana for people above the age of 18, both recreation and medicinally, until the day I die. I will also continue to advocate that alcohol is the worst possible thing.

As always, I am here to answer any questions about the subject. Feel free to ask me, even if you think it's a stupid question.
      I agree with you , especially on the "alcohol being the worst", in comparison to how many substances are demonized. I am convinced that much of the legal points are part of the second oldest game in town , regarding substances : PAYOLA. I'll say no more about the particular substances, but I assure you that there was never really a war on drugs in any country. The advertised "war" was one of big people making big money off of the most helpless (and wealthy ) people around the globe. The Cartels would be as hard to eliminate as the middle east terrorists. Maybe harder.
      But every civilized nation wraps their flag around the bottles of alcohol in all it's many forms. In the end, it is as cruel and destructive as anything else that is abused. In fact, if it wasn't so easy to make on your own, they probably would have kept that illegal and kept making bigger money by demonizing it. All part of the Rise & Fall I suppose. But tragic.
      Killraven likes this.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      Mods
      Driver Mod
      Liked
      677 times
      Mentioned
      47 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dad's dart View Post
      I agree with you , especially on the "alcohol being the worst", in comparison to how many substances are demonized. I am convinced that much of the legal points are part of the second oldest game in town , regarding substances : PAYOLA. I'll say no more about the particular substances, but I assure you that there was never really a war on drugs in any country. The advertised "war" was one of big people making big money off of the most helpless (and wealthy ) people around the globe. The Cartels would be as hard to eliminate as the middle east terrorists. Maybe harder.
      But every civilized nation wraps their flag around the bottles of alcohol in all it's many forms. In the end, it is as cruel and destructive as anything else that is abused. In fact, if it wasn't so easy to make on your own, they probably would have kept that illegal and kept making bigger money by demonizing it. All part of the Rise & Fall I suppose. But tragic.
      Always comes back to the PAYOLA and usually starts with the politicians. The middle east took a huge hit all because of our corrupt politicians. It's so sad because almost all of the middle east was operating perfectly fine just a few decades ago. There are so many beautiful mountain ranges, rivers, and of course numerous archaeology and historic sites in the middle east. It could have been a perfect tourist destination and a great way to inject money into those economies. But it's all gone now and I doubt there is any way to go back to what it was.
      dad's dart likes this.

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Avenger Operator

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      2436 times
      Mentioned
      95 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Always comes back to the PAYOLA and usually starts with the politicians. The middle east took a huge hit all because of our corrupt politicians. It's so sad because almost all of the middle east was operating perfectly fine just a few decades ago. There are so many beautiful mountain ranges, rivers, and of course numerous archaeology and historic sites in the middle east. It could have been a perfect tourist destination and a great way to inject money into those economies. But it's all gone now and I doubt there is any way to go back to what it was.
      I read an old book that talked about the possibility (though stated as fact) of a New Heaven and a New EARTH . As a fresh start, that'd be cool.
      Yesterday was Earth Day , oddly enough.
      Name:  multiearths.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  1.74 MB
      I figure that with "the Big Guy" churning spheres out at a high rate, there are probably some very cool Not too Hot and Not too Cold spheres to live on

Last edited by dad's dart; 04-23-2017 at 03:44 AM.

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100

Sponsored Links