Reputation System - Page 3
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Reputation System

This is a discussion on Reputation System within the New Member Introduction forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Egg Splain to me this: I have made 6,038 posts not including this one. I have 5 rank bars. I have 1 rep bar. I ...

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Reputation System

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Avenger Operator

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Eagles ;-} Former: Dart Turbo Man. loved him
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob from a Dodge SUV style stitch grip!
      Liked
      2386 times
      Mentioned
      91 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Egg Splain to me this:
      I have made 6,038 posts not including this one.
      I have 5 rank bars.
      I have 1 rep bar.
      I just noticed (but not sure when it changed) my title went to Crew Chief.
      How has the rep bar stayed at 1, and, why exactly did I graduate to Crew Chief?
      I was born in the fifties, came of age in the 60's. That should give enough information to understand. Thank You, in advance!

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM Spectrum Tuner/Lightweight pulley, HPSI CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, momo knob
      Liked
      1809 times
      Mentioned
      261 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by dad's dart View Post
      Egg Splain to me this:
      I have made 6,038 posts not including this one.
      I have 5 rank bars.
      I have 1 rep bar.
      I just noticed (but not sure when it changed) my title went to Crew Chief.
      How has the rep bar stayed at 1, and, why exactly did I graduate to Crew Chief?
      If you look at the earlier post, it's laid out pretty well. Reputation System

Looking at your rep, profile - reputation tab, you have 32 rep points. You need 100 rep points to reach the second bar. If you hover above any users bar with your mouse (desktop) it will show the status. The status changes at 50, but the bar does not come until 100. It's odd, but that is how it was set up.

A lot of people are not used to using the rep system, but for posts (similar to ones like this) that are helpful and beneficial info to the .org usually calls for a rep up from members If everyone used it, we would all have more bars, but only a limited few still use it.

Anyone reading, and have no idea what I'm talking about, it's the little star icon on the bottom left portion of every post

As for the new rank status, it would more than likely be due to your 6,000th post. I don't have the graph in front of me, but that would be my best guess since you just broke that threshold
      Last edited by Cntrollerfanboy; 05-18-2016 at 07:21 AM. Reason: added info
      dad's dart likes this.
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is is wishing he was driving...

Vehicle
      "Zippy" 2013 Rallye 1.4T DDCT - Pitch Black Ext. Black w/ Ruby Red Int
      Liked
      3014 times
      Mentioned
      146 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Cntrollerfanboy View Post
      Anyone reading, and have no idea what I'm talking about, it's the little star icon on the bottom left portion of every post
      I think that's part of the reason why nobody uses it. They don't even know it exists. It's really really not obvious, and this forum doesn't come with instructions.

Also, I've never used it this way, but it looks like you can also subtract from the reputation of a user.

Honestly, the reputation system would probably work better if it was based on "likes per 100 posts" or something instead of having some totally separate system. People are used to social media and aren't going to bother with the reputation system, assuming they know it exists and where to find the button for it.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Citrus Peel Pearlcoat Rallye w/ 2.0L Powertech
      Mods
      Wrapped Injen CAI w/Volant VS, RRM LWP, Borla/Thrush custom exhaust, RE16MC, DMR Mounts
      Liked
      3983 times
      Mentioned
      599 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      this forum doesn't come with instructions..
      Yeah, I know, I've been slowly working on it once things to rear their heads. But then members and the peanut gallery complain when I bump the useful threads or insert my "newbie boilerplate" saying that I am not being helpful and only hurting the newbies with my boilerplate introduction. So it's a damned if you do damned if you don't with educating and teaching the nuances of the vBulletin platform.
      Last edited by youngsmith53; 05-18-2016 at 07:58 AM. Reason: grammar
      Cntrollerfanboy likes this.
      YoungSmith53 / Aya Build Thread
      To make the .org enjoyable, follow the .org guidelines, use the new and improved reputation system (star button at bottom left of post) & the new and improved .org search.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is waiting for VTEC to kick
      in...yo

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Fully Loaded 6MT
      Mods
      RRM Spectrum Tuner/Lightweight pulley, HPSI CAI, HID/LED swap, Redlinegoods shiftboot, momo knob
      Liked
      1809 times
      Mentioned
      261 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by jsblanch View Post
      I think that's part of the reason why nobody uses it. They don't even know it exists. It's really really not obvious, and this forum doesn't come with instructions.

Also, I've never used it this way, but it looks like you can also subtract from the reputation of a user.

Honestly, the reputation system would probably work better if it was based on "likes per 100 posts" or something instead of having some totally separate system. People are used to social media and aren't going to bother with the reputation system, assuming they know it exists and where to find the button for it.
      Quote Originally Posted by youngsmith53 View Post
      Yeah, I know, I've been slowly working on it once things to rear their heads. But then members and the peanut gallery complain when I bump the useful threads or insert my my "newbie boilerplate" saying that I am not being helpful and only hurting the newbies with my boilerplate introduction. So it's a damned if you do damned if you don't with educating and teaching the nuances of the vBulletin platform.
      It's like if we couple add a +1 Rep button right next to the like button, then it would be easily used. I believe I have seen it like this on other forums. As stated above, if it was based on Likes entirely, that would work much better, I agree.
      Looking for HIDs? Xenon-Vision install click HERE

Crew Chief
      Rank

Rep

is Avenger Operator

Vehicle
      '14 Avenger SE/Rallaye Pkg. V6 auto/tap shift. 18's & Eagles ;-} Former: Dart Turbo Man. loved him
      Mods
      Leather Shift Knob from a Dodge SUV style stitch grip!
      Liked
      2386 times
      Mentioned
      91 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Cntrollerfanboy View Post
      If you look at the earlier post, it's laid out pretty well. Reputation System

Looking at your rep, profile - reputation tab, you have 32 rep points. You need 100 rep points to reach the second bar. If you hover above any users bar with your mouse (desktop) it will show the status. The status changes at 50, but the bar does not come until 100. It's odd, but that is how it was set up.

A lot of people are not used to using the rep system, but for posts (similar to ones like this) that are helpful and beneficial info to the .org usually calls for a rep up from members If everyone used it, we would all have more bars, but only a limited few still use it.

As for the new rank status, it would more than likely be due to your 6,000th post. I don't have the graph in front of me, but that would be my best guess since you just broke that threshold
      Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that being a Crew Chief didn't entail an expectation of doing "work" or having "responsibility" . I like that little, almost invisible, rep thingy at the bottom left tho.....
      But the triangle report thingy? Scares me a little....... like how Walter scares Achmed.
      Name:  jeff.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  140.6 KB
      I was born in the fifties, came of age in the 60's. That should give enough information to understand. Thank You, in advance!

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Mods
      Wrapped Injen CAI w/Volant VS, RRM LWP, Borla/Thrush custom exhaust, RE16MC, DMR Mounts
      Liked
      3983 times
      Mentioned
      599 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      bump for new members and old members alike to understand the workings and of the .org's reputation system. Remember you don't just have to "like" something, if that member really helped you out with your issue/problem, add some reputation to their post and show them your gratitude!
      un4givn85 likes this.
      To make the .org enjoyable, follow the .org guidelines, use the new and improved reputation system (star button at bottom left of post) & the new and improved .org search.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Mods
      Liked
      3983 times
      Mentioned
      599 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      new years bump bump for new members and old members alike to understand the workings and of the .org's reputation system!!! Remember you don't just have to "like" something. However, if that member really helped you out with your issue/problem, add some reputation to their post and show them your gratitude!

Ride of the Month
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L
      Liked
      159 times
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Interesting...I never really paid attention to the whole rank/rep stuff, or ever really thought about how it was done. Kinda explains all the "you must spread some rep around before giving to..." I see periodicaly. LoL!
      youngsmith53 likes this.

Ride of the Month
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is CDV HAS BEEN DEFEATED!!!!

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart Aero 1.4L Turbo w/ 6-speed Manual Trans.
      Mods
      CHECK THE SIGNATURE PUNK!
      Liked
      1251 times
      Mentioned
      161 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by loxmith View Post
      Interesting...I never really paid attention to the whole rank/rep stuff, or ever really thought about how it was done. Kinda explains all the "you must spread some rep around before giving to..." I see periodicaly. LoL!
      WELL wHAT THE HELL MAN!
      FOR P0299 CODE: REPLACE YOUR BOOST SOLENOID EITHER VIA THE DEALER OR OEM REPLACEMENT...

1 of 81 BUILT IDENTICAL

Mods:
      - Forge BOV Plate
      - MPx Intercooler Pipes
      - Custom Built 3" SRI w/ K&N cone filter
      - Stock Wastegate Adjustment (8mm)
      - GFB DV+ Valve
      - RRM Lightweight Pulley
      - DRP Race Dump
      - AEM Boost Gauge
      - CravenSpeed TB Spacer
      - ADD W1 Catch Can on the line from the PCV to the intake manifold