Dodge Dart Forum banner

New

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  suzq044 
#1 · (Edited)

#8 ·
How are you getting 41.4 mpg? Haha.

#10 ·
Welcome to the board. Glade to see someone was able to post pics of the interior lighting. My camera didn't like it. Going to ask one of my photography friends to snap some pics Friday night. As for the MPG, I averaged 40.9 during a 2 hour drive with cruise control around 62-65MPH. That is also going up and down some hills. I was also seeing the current MPG hit as high as 99 when coasting down hill.

#11 ·
Ahh, that makes sense... mine says I'm getting 25.2.. Which is incorrect, because on two fill ups my average is 28, but anyways... I do a lot of city driving, so that's why mine is low. I'll be making an hour trip going 65-70 so we will see how it does!

#16 · (Edited)
Yeah; the 39mpg is not real-world mpg. It's just a number with which to compare to other vehicles while shopping for a car. People can get 41+, and people can get 22; it depends on how you drive, and where you drive.

Keeping out of boost is definitely helpful for the MPG numbers. The Passat pushes about 18peak psi, when I'm on it, and yeah, it moves.. but I get like 8mpg when I do. LOL -- however cruising @ like 67mph in 5th keeps me at around -10, so I get about 32mpg .. but i'm at ~3100rpm the entire time.. being at ~2100rpm helps a lot, i'm sure. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.