Dodge Dart Forum banner

new with questions!

892 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Proxi4444 
#1 ·
So I met a guy with the same 2013 1.4t dart, and we got to talking and he showed me his intake, which. Looked a bit sketchy, what he did was buy a taper fit rubber connection and tighten it to the intake hose going to the turbo, then on the larger end he tightened down a larger angled tube then slapped an air filter on it, like a short ram. Is this particularly safe for the vehicle?? I was thinking of trying it, but nottt too sure.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Yes it will work. The problem with a lot of the "home made" intakes is the size of the filter. Sometimes they're a tad too small and in return end up being worse than the stock set-up. If you're running the Turbo engine, you don't want to choke it off,lol.

#4 ·
I tried it, and the problem now is I think the filter is too big? The turbo spools up super early now and I feel like I've lost power, I mean, I have a pipe tightened to the stock pipe and a larger one that runs to the filter, I did this only because I couldn't find a piece to fit my connections. But it's sealed good, so what could be my problem now? Waste gate?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.