Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
Register

humming noise coming from front passenger side wheel....???

This is a discussion on humming noise coming from front passenger side wheel....??? within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; Hey everyone....I was on my way home last night and hit a huge pothole doing like 40mph. Ugh..makes me sick! However, since then my car ...

User Tag List

Newb
    Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Limited 1.4 Multi Air Turbo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

humming noise coming from front passenger side wheel....???

Hey everyone....I was on my way home last night and hit a huge pothole doing like 40mph. Ugh..makes me sick! However, since then my car has this humming noise coming from the front passenger side tire. I took it to the dealership here and told them what I was hearing, they said they'd check it out. Two hours later they called me stating that it was ready to be picked up. That the humming noise that I was hearing was the transmission. That it needed to be updated so they "flashed the computer". Not sure what that means. Ok....so I go to pick it up and start driving down the road, now it's shifting completely different than what it was when I took it in...it revs up to 3000 to 4000 rpm before it acually shifts. Normal??? I don't think so! And the humming is still there on the front passenger side wheel!!! I only notice the humming at 60mph or higher and it gets louder when I slow down...but no noise under 60mph! Weird!!! What is going on with my car???

Master Mechanic
    Rank

Rep

is Wanting to install other car
    parts!

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye from the Texas Motorspeedway.
    Mods
    MP shorty antenna,MP STS, DMR motor mounts.
    Liked
    733 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The transmission update can change the shift patterns. I haven't checked what engine you have, but on the 1.4's shifting between 3-4k will drop you right back into the "sweet spot" of power.

The humming is weird. I'd see if you can get a mechanic to ride with you on the highway, or get them to do a test drive above 60. Otherwise they'll take it round the block and tell you it's fine.

Newb
    Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Limited 1.4 Multi Air Turbo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you...I'm taking it back in this morning for the humming issue. I've been researching and all I can find is it could be a wheel bearing. =/

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

is having a great start to 2014!

Vehicle
    2013 Rallye 1.4T, DDCT, Silver on blk/red (sport line)
    Mods
    255 Potenza RE11s on 18" GTs, Eibach Pro, 19mm sway, RRM pulley, DRP dump, Unichip, GoPedal, TFT
    Liked
    99 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinksnapp22 View Post
    Hey everyone....I was on my way home last night and hit a huge pothole doing like 40mph. Ugh..makes me sick! However, since then my car has this humming noise coming from the front passenger side tire. I took it to the dealership here and told them what I was hearing, they said they'd check it out. Two hours later they called me stating that it was ready to be picked up. That the humming noise that I was hearing was the transmission. That it needed to be updated so they "flashed the computer". Not sure what that means. Ok....so I go to pick it up and start driving down the road, now it's shifting completely different than what it was when I took it in...it revs up to 3000 to 4000 rpm before it acually shifts. Normal??? I don't think so! And the humming is still there on the front passenger side wheel!!! I only notice the humming at 60mph or higher and it gets louder when I slow down...but no noise under 60mph! Weird!!! What is going on with my car???
    Hey Pink, if you're sure the noise began right after that nasty pothole I would have them focus on that corner and see if maybe the hub bearing packed it in. There have been a couple other instances reported here of weak rear wheel bearings failing prematurely so it wouldn't be a stretch if the front hubs fell into this category. On another note, potholes are very effective at causing tire damage so I would have them closely inspect that one. Not the kind of thing you want to uncover at full speed on the highway.
    Ready When You Are

Ads