Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
Register

Cars speeding and Change lanes constantly

This is a discussion on Cars speeding and Change lanes constantly within the General Automotive Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; I have not once gotten a ticket and have to go on a mini-rant after my drive today. This happens almost everywhere, but there is ...

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Cars speeding and Change lanes constantly

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Bright Silver SXT- 2.0 Automatic w/ Popular Equipment Group
    Liked
    166 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cars speeding and Change lanes constantly

I have not once gotten a ticket and have to go on a mini-rant after my drive today. This happens almost everywhere, but there is one straight stretch of road that is a 40 mph zone and a two lane road going one way. It seems like a whole bunch of cars seem to go around 55 mph and now I try to stay in the right lane whenever possible. I have made it a rule that I average going 3-5 mph over the speed limit at almost all times. Doing that has shown that I never get a ticket and I have been past many police officers driving.

I will understand there are always people who speed. However today a Chevy Sonic is zooming around like it is a Nascar or something. I don't understand the people who switch lanes like 4 times in 5 seconds just to get past one car. There was a backup on the road and both cars leading were pretty much going the same speed. The sonic was a little bit behind me and on the left lane while I was in the right. A few seconds later they turn in my lane behind me probably to try and past the car in front of them on the left.

I luckily have my eye on the Sonic and quickly switch lanes as I get only one half second of flashing my signal the Sonic immidetely is turning back into the lane I'm now going in. It wasn't that close, but sure enough they start zooming around like a nascar driver again and made it so they probably thought I cut them off. They didn't honk or anything, but you gotta watch out especially for those subcompacts! I always will buy a regular size car, but that is one more negative to the list about them. Some are so small that you can nearly miss them on the road.

If they would of hit me then they would still have been at fault because I was still well in front. I enjoy driving and taking things easy. It's funny that people try to pass you even when you might be going 5 above the speed limit. It is fun though seeing a car zoom by you and then later down the road see them pulled over by a cop.

Is lane changing weaving in and out of lanes really going to save you precious time?! It's also funny when car are going 15-20mph past me over the speed limit and then sure enough I end up meeting them at the red light. I have learned that you should always leave well early for where you have to go. It isn't my fault your mad and tailgating me or other drivers when we are still going a little above the speed limit. It isn't like we are driving 20 mph in a 40. I don't feel bad for these people at all and I'm not going to sacrafice my perfect driving record and especially no tickets just so you can get somewhere a second faster.

One last thing about seeing the cars later on being pulled over by the cops. So you want to go a little bit faster? Well if you get pulled over that is 15-30 minutes of time you lost.. is it worth that for a couple mph more and also don't forget a pricey ticket.
    Last edited by thedart; 01-22-2013 at 08:55 PM.
    Bright Silver Metallic SXT-
    2.0 Automatic w/ Popular Equipment Group

Master Mechanic
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye Blue Streak Exterior Black Interior w/White accents 1.4 Turbo w/6-spd
    Mods
    Stock
    Liked
    591 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree...I see this all the time. I'll do 40 in a 35 or 45 in a 40 and cars are going past me or riding my ass like I'm only doing 25 in a 40 or something. Some people drive like assholes. I sometimes wish I had a beater car...I'd so feel like spinning them into the median. Thats how they do it in nascar...if you want to drive like it you better be prepared for the consequences.

Yes, I agree about speeding. You can do 75 in a 65 and I can do 70 in a 65 and you'll get to the same exit no more than 2 minutes ahead of me, if not less. Sometimes I find these people waiting at a light as I pull up after they flew by me. Get a speeding ticket and like you said you actually lost 20 minutes or so and you're out some cash, possibly losing your license if you do this all the time and keep getting caught. This is also an opportunity for a cop to be an ass and find other things if they so choose like license plate light out, or expired inspection sticker, etc.

It totally not worth it, even if you're running late. You'll only get there sometimes a minute or less quicker.
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
    Blue Streak Pearlcoat
    1.4 Liter Turbo
    6-speed manual
    Black Interior w/White accents
    8.4" Touchscreen w/navigation
    LED Racetrack Tail Lamps
    u-connect Voice Command
    SIRIUS/XM Satellite Radio
    17" Hyper Black Wheels
    9-Speaker Alpine Premium Audio

Master Mechanic
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Limited in Redline Red, 1.4L turbo w/ 6-spd
    Mods
    Tork STS,FMIC and CAI, MPx IC pipes and ported TB, Deyeme 3-mount set
    Liked
    286 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stick to the right lane whenever possible and get the same treatment from many other motorists.
    I've gotten so sick of people making their passes as if they want to hit the left rear corner of my car that when I see them going to make a pass, I move as close to the left side of the right lane as I can without crossing the dotted line. If they're going to wait til the last second to pass, I'm making them get the f over, stay away from my car!

I'm even more of a proponent of the leave early mentality. I know I will get stopped at lights and stop signs after I get onto city streets near work, so see no reason to speed.

Master Mechanic
    Rank

Rep

is having a Dart Attack.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4L 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7L
    Liked
    334 times
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been taking it easy because I like to keep the mpg above 30 on the EVIC, and it always seems to be borderline, lol.

Built: 09/12, Purchased: 12/12, Driven: 30,000 miles

2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
    Citrus Peel Exterior with Black Interior
    1.4-Liter MultiAir Turbo
    6-Speed Manual Transmission
    No Sunroof, Alpine, or Engine Block Heater
    Mopar Floor & Trunk Liners
    15% Window Tint
    Resonator & Trunk Badge Delete
    The Official Citrus Peel Dart Owners and Enthusiasts Thread

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

is it Friday yet?

Vehicle
    2008 VW Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0t/6 Spd Manual 2005 Stone White Neon SRT-4
    Mods
    Jetta: Stock SRT-4: Lots ...
    Liked
    215 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good posts in here. It really has a lot to do with a driver's maturity level. I will admit, I used to drive like that from time to time. I was young and stupid. I would drive too fast, and switch lanes WAY more than is truly necessary.

Now that I'm older (and have a new daughter), I basically drive the speed limit and just enjoy the ride calmly. Less wear on your car, better fuel mileage and no tickets. All good things.

I do still race my car in legally sanctioned events though. Gotta "drive in anger" for fun, and where you are meant to do so.. Would never give that up. Just raced my SRT-4 at Laguna Seca last summer. It was EPIC!
    UN4GTBL likes this.
    2008 Black Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 2.0t six speed manual

2005 Stone White //SRT-4; Viper seats, no sunroof, no Kicker package (stripper model)
    * DiabloSport Predator tuned / K&N drop in / A/F R gauge / IP2 coilovers / 17"x7.5" Black Sparco Asseto Gara wheels / 12.2" 4-piston Wilwood DynaLite Brakes / Wing Delete / Full Chassis Poly Bushings / Rear Strut Brace *

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Bright Silver SXT- 2.0 Automatic w/ Popular Equipment Group
    Liked
    166 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still young, but I have already had that mentality a lot faster than others. I like a nice calm ride and it doesn't make you any cooler to be going a little bit faster than the speed limit. If I wanted to go 15 mph over the limit I could do the same by just putting the gas down harder. That is really an amazing difficult skill isn't it. If you want to feel like your 100 hp car is going to be faster than mine so be it haha
    Bright Silver Metallic SXT-
    2.0 Automatic w/ Popular Equipment Group

Car Chief
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Limited Special Edition Blue Streak Peal 1.4T 6MT
    Mods
    Bunch o' shit...
    Liked
    1413 times
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klockmi View Post
    I've gotten so sick of people making their passes as if they want to hit the left rear corner of my car that when I see them going to make a pass, I move as close to the left side of the right lane as I can without crossing the dotted line. If they're going to wait til the last second to pass, I'm making them get the f over, stay away from my car!
    Me too, lol. I do the same thing
    Ordered 1/10/13
    Took Delivery 03/30/13

2013 Dodge Dart Limited Special Edition.
    1.4T 6MT
    Modifications: Click here for my build thread.

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

is it Friday yet?

Vehicle
    2008 VW Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0t/6 Spd Manual 2005 Stone White Neon SRT-4
    Mods
    Jetta: Stock SRT-4: Lots ...
    Liked
    215 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah... it's like they are trying to do the "Shake N Bake" and trying to draft/sling-shot past you! lol
    2008 Black Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 2.0t six speed manual

2005 Stone White //SRT-4; Viper seats, no sunroof, no Kicker package (stripper model)
    * DiabloSport Predator tuned / K&N drop in / A/F R gauge / IP2 coilovers / 17"x7.5" Black Sparco Asseto Gara wheels / 12.2" 4-piston Wilwood DynaLite Brakes / Wing Delete / Full Chassis Poly Bushings / Rear Strut Brace *

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

is waiting...

Vehicle
    Maximum Steel 2013 Dodge Dart Limited 1.4L DDCT
    Liked
    154 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find most of these idiots drive around like that here in cars with blown shocks. Screw that!

3gn
    Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
    124 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you wanna go slower, stay in the right lane cause.....

Name:  ricky-bobby-if-you-aint-first.jpeg
Views: 134
Size:  128.9 KB
    UN4GTBL, testrage and SrtJunky like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads