Shelby Focus ST Announced
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

    Shelby Focus ST Announced

    This is a discussion on Shelby Focus ST Announced within the General Automotive Discussion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Dodge Dart Discussion category; back to the Omni GLH days but with the Focus ST. This thing is sweet. The Mustang pumping out 850 Street Legal Ponies is epic ...

    User Tag List

    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 48
    Like Tree27Likes

    Thread: Shelby Focus ST Announced

    1. #1
      Administrator
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      cereal killer's Avatar
      is able to leap buildings in a
      single bound
       

      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      3,299
      Liked
      2328 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      364 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

      Shelby Focus ST Announced

      back to the Omni GLH days but with the Focus ST. This thing is sweet. The Mustang pumping out 850 Street Legal Ponies is epic

      Shelby unveils tuned Ford Focus ST!

    2. #2
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      testrage's Avatar
      is cruising :-D
       

      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      TN
      Posts
      354
      Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited (Wife's DD)
      Liked
      122 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Yeah, but it's really all fluff at this time - "The 2013 Shelby Focus ST post-title package begins at $14,995 not including the Ford Focus ST and will be limited to 500 per model year."

      "New Ford Racing suspension pieces lower the car while the wheels and tires improve grip and traction. The bigger Shelby spec brakes with drilled rotors enhance the stopping power; along with the sound of the Shelby/Borla exhaust makes it uniquely Shelby. Inside, the car has a complete Shelby branded custom interior, Shelby shifter and finished off with the unique Shelby CSM badge. On the outside, the Shelby is easily identified by its functional hood vents, hydro-carbon front and rear grille inserts, Shelby lettering and rear Hydro-carbon spoiler. Three visual graphics packages are offered, ranging from "traditional" Shelby stripes to more edgy Shelby checkered flag splash or competition graphics. Under the hood, Shelby American adds stylish hydro-carbon components and is developing an optional performance tune expected to significantly increase horsepower."

      So no power increases included in packages that cost almost as much as the base car itself. Also, this is still a FWD car that will be prone to insane amounts of torque steer. Anywhere close to 300 or 350whp will probably mean an ugly end for any novice that decides to buy one.

    3. #3
      Administrator
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      cereal killer's Avatar
      is able to leap buildings in a
      single bound
       

      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      3,299
      Liked
      2328 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      364 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Agree, bit much for basically an appearance package but I'm wondering how much more that 15K balloons to with everything listed.

    4. #4
      Supporting Vendor
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      Supporting Vendor
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Posts
      783
      Liked
      276 times
      Mentioned
      111 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      15k for basically an appearance package.

      NO Thanks.

      It looks halfway decent, but come on, I think Carroll would be offended by this. Didnt CS stand for performance at one point?

      On another note, Im very glad to see Ford committed to the performance hatch market in the USA.
      cereal killer and UN4GTBL like this.
      Cory Haines
      Operations manager
      Modern Performance
      www.modernperformance.com

      2013 Dart Rallye 1.4 Turbo
      2014 Dart GT 2.4

    5. #5
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      testrage's Avatar
      is cruising :-D
       

      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      TN
      Posts
      354
      Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited (Wife's DD)
      Liked
      122 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Modernceo View Post
      15k for basically an appearance package.

      NO Thanks.

      It looks halfway decent, but come on, I think Carroll would be offended by this. Didnt CS stand for performance at one point?

      On another note, Im very glad to see Ford committed to the performance hatch market in the USA.
      Not to speak ill of the dead but CS lost his way a long time ago. All Shelby has done in the last few years is release one monstrosity after another. I doubt it will change with CS's passing. In fact I expect the watering down of the Shelby brand to exponentially reach new lows now.

    6. #6
      Banned
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Southern Tier of NY
      Posts
      2,522
      Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT Bright White Exterior Black Leather Interior w/Red accents Sunroof 9-Speaker
      Mods
      Stock
      Liked
      1067 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      23 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      In the end...its still a Ford. No Thanks!

    7. #7
      Master Mechanic
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      BluStreakDart's Avatar
      This user has no status.
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      Southwest Ohio
      Posts
      1,144
      Vehicle
      2013 Dart Limited 2005 Mustang GT
      Mods
      MagnaFlow Catback Tork CAI Tork STS Custom Paintwork
      Liked
      355 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

      Re: Shelby Focus ST Announced

      Quote Originally Posted by testrage View Post
      Yeah, but it's really all fluff at this time - "The 2013 Shelby Focus ST post-title package begins at $14,995 not including the Ford Focus ST and will be limited to 500 per model year."

      "New Ford Racing suspension pieces lower the car while the wheels and tires improve grip and traction. The bigger Shelby spec brakes with drilled rotors enhance the stopping power; along with the sound of the Shelby/Borla exhaust makes it uniquely Shelby. Inside, the car has a complete Shelby branded custom interior, Shelby shifter and finished off with the unique Shelby CSM badge. On the outside, the Shelby is easily identified by its functional hood vents, hydro-carbon front and rear grille inserts, Shelby lettering and rear Hydro-carbon spoiler. Three visual graphics packages are offered, ranging from "traditional" Shelby stripes to more edgy Shelby checkered flag splash or competition graphics. Under the hood, Shelby American adds stylish hydro-carbon components and is developing an optional performance tune expected to significantly increase horsepower."

      So no power increases included in packages that cost almost as much as the base car itself. Also, this is still a FWD car that will be prone to insane amounts of torque steer. Anywhere close to 300 or 350whp will probably mean an ugly end for any novice that decides to buy one.
      No tq steer at all. It has a badass assisted steering system that pretty much eliminates the problem

    8. #8
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      testrage's Avatar
      is cruising :-D
       

      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      TN
      Posts
      354
      Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited (Wife's DD)
      Liked
      122 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by BluStreakDart View Post
      No tq steer at all. It has a badass assisted steering system that pretty much eliminates the problem
      No the Focus ST doesn't have the Revoknuckle system but a lower end version that quells most torque steer but cannot quell it all especially at the limits or under WOT, etc. Refer to links below

      2013 Ford Focus ST First Test - Motor Trend

      2013 Ford Focus ST First Drive

    9. #9
      Jackman
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      testrage's Avatar
      is cruising :-D
       

      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      TN
      Posts
      354
      Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited (Wife's DD)
      Liked
      122 times
      Gender
      Male
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by nydartsrt View Post
      In the end...its still a Ford. No Thanks!
      Hahaha....I don't get it. Yes, it's still a Ford, and you still drive a Dodge, and I drive a Nissan, and so on and so forth.

      I don't see anything wrong with the ST. It's not your basic Toyota or Honda like appliance so why the hate?
      UN4GTBL likes this.

    10. #10
      Supporting Member
      Rank
       
      Rep
       
      UN4GTBL's Avatar
      Supporting Member
      is a former Moderator
       

      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      4,031
      Vehicle
      2007 Dodge Caliber
      Liked
      1409 times
      Mentioned
      51 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by testrage View Post
      Hahaha....I don't get it. Yes, it's still a Ford, and you still drive a Dodge, and I drive a Nissan, and so on and so forth.

      I don't see anything wrong with the ST. It's not your basic Toyota or Honda like appliance so why the hate?
      Agreed.

      Although would have been nice to see a little bump in performance for all the $$$$$ involved here!
      testrage likes this.
      Official Problem-Free/Positive Experience Thread

      2011 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Plus | 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT
      3.6L 6-Speed Auto | 1.8L 5-Speed Manual

      Quote Originally Posted by SRTEngineers
      We like the Vette! ... Best damn girl's car ever made.

     

     
    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Dodge Dart R/T or the Focus ST?
      By cereal killer in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 44
      Last Post: 06-20-2014, 07:05 PM
    2. Car and Driver Dart vs. Focus Comparison
      By ryan1singer in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 64
      Last Post: 12-16-2012, 09:49 PM
    3. Dodge Dart or Ford Focus ST
      By undfeatable in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 127
      Last Post: 11-24-2012, 04:50 PM
    4. Dart Aero Start Price Announced
      By Soren in forum Dodge Dart General Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 10-05-2012, 07:55 AM
    5. Ford Focus ST Forum?
      By El Chorizo in forum Off Topic Forum
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 08-20-2012, 05:27 PM

    Search tags for this page

    dodge dart vs focus st

    ,

    shelby focus release date

    Click on a term to search for related topics.