Dodge Dart Forum banner

Sorry, no trade!

5K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  Missinde 
#1 · (Edited)
My wife doesn't seem as enamored of her new Subaru Impreza as I was expecting she would be. So far she's complained about the auto-up/down windows being too touchy, the Infotainment unit has trouble understanding her thick Asian accent, the heat/AC controls are too stiff and hard to use, the foot vents don't give out enough hot air, the steering wheel convenience buttons are confusing, and there's no easy-to-read digital speedometer. So the other day she approached me and asked to trade... she'll drive my Dart from now on and I can drive the Subaru. I said NO WAY! She picked that car, so she gets to drive it. I already picked mine and would probably freak out every day knowing that she never cares where she parks or who she drives behind. It already drives her nuts that I don't allow food or staining beverages (like coffee) in my Dart (she already dumped a cup of java inside my Jeep once). She can mess up her own vehicle as much as she wants, since she's paying for it. But don't touch my Dart! :mad: It's too fun to drive, not boring like hers. Plus I take better care of it than I do my own self.

#3 ·
Amen and ditto all of that. LMFAO

#4 ·
Sounds like someone is sleeping on the couch tonight.....

#10 ·
Well, I think it's pretty obvious that she's feeling buyer's remorse and is nit-picking every perceived flaw. Why she seems to think she'd like the Dart better, I don't know. She's only driven it once, and I remember her complaining about the view out back and where the pedals were. I drive the Subaru on occasion, and while it's very comfortable to drive it's so dull that by the time I'm back home I'm ready to throw the keys down and take my Dart on the next trip. The Dart looks sexy, sounds sexy, and takes corners like a sports car. Both are about the same on 0-60 acceleration but the Dart looks better doing it. I do regret missing out on some of the features my wife's car has like the back-up camera, sunroof, and heated seats, but that was my fault for choosing the car I did since you can get a Dart with all those features for about the same price. She chose the Subaru because she wanted all-wheel drive, but I'm beginning to think she would've been happier with a Kia Soul or some other "girl's car".

#13 ·
That is an interesting question about what makes a "girl's" car or a "woman's" car for that matter. Over the years, (I'm 60), I usually heard that anything that was smallish, colored a certain way, or just not "muscular" styling was a girl's car. I even had to drive one for several years when I had to swap my wife's white and orange timed Pinto with an orange vinyl top and orange shag carpeting so that she could have the safer car to drive the kids around in.
But the times they have changed for sure! Now it seems that "girls/women" are drawn to SUV's that sit higher off the ground and have AWD (4x4) option.
That's all I see around my area anymore! And trucks as well !!
To me the Dart and the Impreza are very gender neutral. In fact, I don't really agree with the whole "labeling" thing......

#12 ·
Before buying my Dart, I test drove several other cars. The first was the Impreza because it was AWD. As a car it's pretty good and the AWD would be very useful where I am. The 5 speed was more fun than the auto, but not lots of fun because of the limited torque available. On the base model you cannot get cruise control, which is frustrating because it's literally 2 buttons on the steering wheel on the next trim level. I already have 1 car without cruise, I wasn't going to do a second. I had read complaints online about the stereo in the base model, and I agree with them. The color choices are also boring.

I think I would have liked one of the upper trim levels better, but at the time I didn't want to spend that kind of money. And right about that time I went to Mopar Nats and saw Darts everywhere, made me want one. The local dealer put a huge sale on a car they had on the lot for over a year and I snagged it. The rest is history.

#16 ·
LOL, I guess I got lucky.. My boyfriend is just as involved in the car community as I am. Has the same love for the cars as I do and we trade cars all the time. Now that I had a semi truck launch a street sign at me on the free way I have a huge hole in my bumper, I stole his car because I cant stand looking at mine right now lol. Well good luck man, maybe one day your wife will understand!
Gina

#21 ·
well... we all know that the guys and gals on the ORG make their darts look amazing... but the majority of darts i see on the road do NOT have window tint, do not have mopar kits, no spoilers, no graphics, awful chrome headlights, wheel covers...
My Dart has none of those things either. It's a black 2013 Rallye with the optional 18" wheels and the black and ruby red cloth interior. Honestly, nothing about this car screams "feminine" to me. I call my car female mostly because the voice control/navigation uses a female voice.

#26 ·
My Dart has none of those things either. It's a black 2013 Rallye with the optional 18" wheels and the black and ruby red cloth interior. Honestly, nothing about this car screams "feminine" to me. I call my car female mostly because the voice control/navigation uses a female voice.
Well, those of you with male and female Darts better get them together so they can have little Dartlets, so we can have another source of spare parts in the future since FCA is dropping the model. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.