Dodge Dart Forum banner

I hope the dart can compete with this

7K views 45 replies 20 participants last post by  Darth_Strife 
#1 ·
Orr I may be trading in the dart for one of these haha Car and Driver

#2 ·
HA! i laugh in that car's face... the SRT will be out before that POS... whats with the crappy lookin hatchback design from everyone now??? i get that some people may like it but wholly crap its ugly!

Reactions: pkgmsu2000
#7 ·
I want to start off saying I really do not like fords, Never liked the way 98% of them look (ford GT and classic mustangs aside) or how their interior is set up. That being said, this car and the RS versions before it have gotten nothing but good reviews about the actual driving of the car (the top gear guys love the damn things). I'm sure this will be brilliant to drive but still have fords stupid design inside and out. I'll keep my Dodge thanks!

#12 ·
Hopefully Dodge doesn't drop the ball on the Dart SRT or I will be getting one of these.

Reactions: youngsmith53
#13 ·
The Dart certainly has a much cleaner, more mature interior design than any Focus. One thing that I like about the Dart is that the USB/SD/AUX connectors, as well as the useless CD player, are stashed in the armrest, along with a discrete always-on 12V plug. It's clean and doesn't need 40 different buttons on the center console. Still, even the Focus ST looks like it would be a lot of fun to toss around, and good bit faster than my Dart, and the Focus RS looks like the kind of car that would make me laugh in the face of reverse-camber hairpin turns. I can only hope the Dart SRT actually comes to fruition and that it's at least as good as the 2016 Focus RS promises to be. People can hate on Ford all they want (for myself, I refuse to be loyal to any multi-billion dollar corporation), but they've been successful in this niche market of high-performance compacts for years now, while the last compact SRT product to be a real success was the original Neon-based SRT4. They've done a good job with the SRT8 program, and the SRT10 Viper, of course, and I truly hope that translates into an amazing SRT4 program.

#14 ·
The Dart SRT will also have to compete with this:

We Hear: Mazda to Reveal Mazdaspeed3 This Year With 300 HP and AWD via MOTOR TREND News for iPhone
http://www.motortrend.com/wot/1504_...eed3_this_year_with_300_hp_and_awd/index.html

Market is getting crowded. Doubt Dodge will devote resources to the SRT, which is probably a good business decision. Not that many affluent buyers looking for $30k sport compacts.

#16 ·
#22 ·
I think we folks on a forum like this are alot more "wound up" about things like what's going on with Dart and how it stacks up in the future with a FocusRS , Mazdaspeed, or any of the new high HP cars in the works. The general public buying cars really don't know much so they just buy cars like the Dart,Cruze,regular Focus, etc etc , leaving us biting our nails over what the HP war coming up is all about. They'll be a souped-up Dart, don't worry. But the cost of admission on all these new pocket rockets is pretty high. And that's where the real problem is in my book. Once a Dart gets into the range of a Challenger, price wise, it's a damn tough choice. No body is giving up horses for free.

#26 ·
But... how many buying are purists? I can't get the way how it looks like an Oldsmobile Silhouette out of my head. In short, a minivan, and definitely not the way an SUV should look- especially when wearing the JEEP badge. In my non-professional opinion, JEEP would have been better off NOT calling this a Cherokee. I still have hope that the Wagoneer comes out looking 'right'.

#30 ·
much more useful on-roading and using jeep-cuts in the city than off-road for most. lol
Unfortunate but true.

#31 ·
lol; style is subjective & it outsells wrangler, so while purists hate the non 80s/90s styling, people are buying.
A LOT of people are buying crossovers. That doesn't mean their good, or desreving of the JEEP badge. The Wrangler is 10X the offroad vehicle the Cherokee is.

#33 ·
Yup but the cherokee is 10x the on road vehicle the wrangler is, and is selling in higher numbers by quite a bit lol.
Not even close. Have you driven a 2015 Wrangler?. I doubt it. There's sheep everywhere just like Hyundais,lol.

#34 ·
I have driven the Wrangler on the road and I also have driven the cherokee while initially I wasn't impressed with the styling, still I dont love it but I dont hate it like I did when I first saw it, the Cherokee is leaps and bounds ahead of the wrangler in terms of on road drivability. Jeep has done a fantastic job at hiding the wranglers off road priorities but at the end of the day it is what it is, and the Cherokee is still by far a better on road car. But they were designed for different purposes, the cherokee was designed to be a mass market everyday useable car that can go off road enough to satisfy the every day buyer. The wrangler was designed to dominate the off road scene but be livable enough to be driven on the road.

Regardless of that the Cherokee will stay around quite a bit longer than the Wrangler in terms of sales and marketing. It out sells the wrangler and its still a relatively new car and continuing to pick up momentum its not going anywhere any time soon.

#35 ·
Regardless of that the Cherokee will stay around quite a bit longer than the Wrangler in terms of sales and market
It will never happen. The Cherokee will be revised 10x before the Wrangler, if EVER disappears, The purists will NOT let it happen. Like I said, there are sheep everywhere and sales don't and never will equal ability. The Jeep brand was founded and always should be about offroad ability no matter what.

#36 ·
I can agree the purist wont want it to happen but sooner or later sales will not allow the car to stay around, and simply from a marketing stand point the cherokee is here to stay one way or another. A small majority that speaks compared to the whole, they arent going to get rid of a car that sells and makes them money. The purist at jeep can fight all they want but the bean counters will always run the show, IE jeep compass. The Viper is a far more important car than the Wrangler and even then some times the fate of the Viper was in limbo. But luckily for now the Wrangler sells in decent numbers that it has no worries but it doesnt change the fact the cherokee isnt going anywhere nor is the wrangler close to the cherokee in terms of on road driving or sales potential.

#37 ·
The Viper is a far more important car than the Wrangler
You're obviously out of touch,lol. The Viper has NEVER made a profit. That will never change the fact that the Cherokee is NOT a Jeep no matter what the sales figures say. I guess Barnum was right.

#38 ·
Lol you obviously don't understand marketing. And seem upset that the people have spoken that the Cherokee is a better car than the wrangler.

The Viper was never about profits, if it was it would be a corvette mass production tons of trims and huge price range. The Viper is a halo car, Viper owners tend to own more than 2 Chrysler vehicles. In fact almost every Viper owner I know owns more than 3 Chrysler at one time. Can you say the same for wrangler owners? No you can't.. They can claim purist all they want but Viper owners will always hold more power and clout with Chrysler than any wrangler owner lol.

High level Chrysler execs and engineers don't show up at the majority of wrangler events... But nearly every major Viper event has high level execs, who also communicate personally with the Viper club and give cars to raffle off.

Nor does Chrysler open up their proving grounds and allow owners to race around in their cars like they do with Viper owners. If you don't understand that the Viper is far more important than the wrangler well then you just don't understand cars lol

#41 ·
Like I said the wrangler still sells well. I was just making a point in that the long standing wrangler sells less cars than the brand new Cherokee. In a market segment predicted to explode in sales over the next couple of years so sales number for the Cherokee are also looking to go way up. While the wrangler pretty much is projected to stay roughly in the same range if not drop slightly. So in the long run from a production and sales stand point the Cherokee would stay around much longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.