Dodge Dart Forum banner

Its Coming...

18K views 121 replies 26 participants last post by  dad's dart 
#1 ·
Reactions: pkgmsu2000
#63 · (Edited)
Here is the next video:

This one seems to show a new RAM-AIR hood that attaches to the same system that was designed into the headlight for the Hellcat but they made 2 Ram-Air headlights... the "Air Grabber" is back!

#65 ·

Here is the next video... showing (from what I've read) the largest "street legal" tires that have been custom designed for the Demon... These will be one of a kind, and only come on demons...

#67 ·
This is an article that I found interesting...

News | Truth and fiction: Demon power rumors

It is diagnosing the videos and some of the pictures and showing that there are little discrepancies that some people have noticed but cant put their finger on... it looks like Dodge has given us more info about this car than what they have said to the media.

Reactions: 57ChryslerDart
#68 ·
The new video has been released! Named the Third Law, it shows the vehicle being lowered and what I would assume stronger suspension for dragging...

#69 ·
As I see it, it will have a drag mode which would electronically help the suspension geometry to firm the rear suspension and soften the front to give a good start while adjusting itself to keep the best traction and stability down the strip

#71 · (Edited)
@JonsGT, I painted them using VHT from Autozone
Tire Spray Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Rim

I put the car on jack stands, took the wheels off, cleaned the brakes with spray brake clean, stuffed plastic shopping bags to cover what I did not want painted and sprayed them. I posted pics on the "What did you do to your dart today" thread but I can't find them. It was cheap and easy. just how I like it. If you want them shots, I can PM them to you.

The red matches your dart perfectly!

Reactions: JonsGT
#72 ·
@JonsGT, I painted them using VHT from Autozone
View attachment 86369

I put the car on jack stands, took the wheels off, cleaned the brakes with spray brake clean, stuffed plastic shopping bags to cover what I did not want painted and sprayed them. I posted pics on the "What did you do to your dart today" thread but I can't find them. It was cheap and easy. just how I like it. If you want them shots, I can PM them to you.

The red matches your dart perfectly!
Awesome. Sounds like a great method. Please do send a message. Lifespan good? maintain color well?

#73 ·

So here is the next video peeps... we got some race hardened parts added to the rear end and drive-shaft for extra strength for the power this bad boy is gonna be putting down! Plus some special logo'd harness bars, which is a nice touch.

#77 ·
Reactions: pkgmsu2000
#79 ·

Here is the next video... Titled "Performance Pages"

It looks like the Demon will have a complete "Dash Command" or "Torque Pro" style data logging and control system built directly into the dash board touchscreen computer!

#80 · (Edited)
Looks impressive. If you pause the last video at 40 seconds it shows the 0-60 is 3seconds. Another screen in the video lists paddle shifters so it's safe to assume this was an automatic that does 0-60 in 3.0 seconds. The hellcat auto challenger does it in 3.6seconds. The HP graph on the performance page looks like it was roughly 750?

#81 ·
Damn straight, but im not sure if they are going to use a full automatic transmission or if the paddle shifters will be for one of those either or transmissions like the Pagani... Yes auto transmissions are faster with shifting but who wants to drive a car like that without a real stick?!? I might say that they are teasing a little less then they want us to know... 750hp for the sizes that they are saying for the engine and supercharger is not very impressive. They tease this engine using a supercharger that is a 1/3 of the CID of the engine! Something like that should be making more HP than 750... if the Hellcat is putting down 707hp then this thing should be making at least 775-800hp.

#83 ·
This isnt a replacement for the Darts or the 200...

#89 ·
Here is the latest video... Titled "No Pills"

Im not really sure what "No Pills" is supposed to mean, but at the beginning of the video the license plate has the numbers 3.9+221=405... Some are saying it means 3.9L supercharger + 22.1PSI boost = 409CU added to the engine making it a 6.6L

#91 · (Edited)
... I'm not really sure what "No Pills" is supposed to mean ...
As someone who has crewed on nostalgia drag & land speed race cars with supercharged & injected engines, my first thought was that the Demon's injection system is electronically controlled and requires no (injector) pills to manage the fuel flow ... whereas, an engine with a Hilborn mechanical fuel injection system requires the engine tuner to select a "pill" with the proper orifice size to lean/richen the fuel flow to the nozzles.

That said, I'm sure the marketing folks at Dodge have no clue what an injector pill even looks like. I'm guessin' that they are actually inferring that by owning a Demon, there's no longer the need to take a "little blue pill" to achieve an erection (i.e., the target demographic for the Demon is older gentlemen with disposable incomes).

Reactions: Exitus04
This post has been deleted
#96 ·
WOW... 9.56 stock... thats amazing!

#98 ·
OK everyone, Here is the next video titled "Lock & Load"

My assumptions from this video would be that the Demon has both an easy lock system for the front brakes to spin and heat the rear tires and a 2-step system/ launch control for better times off the line.

#99 · (Edited)
Would likely be a trans brake vs the 2step but in any way it will be amazing

Reactions: Exitus04
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.