Dodge Dart Forum banner

Its Coming...

18K views 121 replies 26 participants last post by  dad's dart 
#1 ·
Reactions: pkgmsu2000
#4 ·
Yeah... i dont think you read anything about this car yet...

#70 ·
Guys, Guys, Guys.........We already have a Demon. it's called.....MINE
View attachment 82793
Sorry, You can't vote for me for ride of the year because I already did.:disappointed:
Dude, what brand caliper covers are those or is it a new set?

#5 ·
I am going to reserve judgement until there is more information out before I get too excited about this "new" demon. I mean with the way FCA is going right now, the Demon could just end up being a Hellcat with intake/exhuast and stickers (Daytona/TA anyone). That's not exactly something to get all supper excited about in my book.

#6 ·
I completely agree, but from what Ive read on Motor Trend... They did interviews with the engineers that are building it and they are saying that its SUPPOSED to have more power and and wider wheel base...

This is not a motor trend article but from what I read these spy pictures are going to be what the wide body style is going to look like: 2018 Dodge Challenger ADR (wide-body SRT Hellcat) spy shots

#13 ·
The real important question though......will it have drive-by-wire throttle control? And also, can it be used to open a bottle of beer?

#24 ·
Sergio, nor Dodge, will be getting any more of my money.

Reactions: Darth_Strife
#27 · (Edited)
Couple things..... actually, just one example of North American tastes and expectations. The FRS (now T86) and brother BRZ have not sold very well since their intro. Why? Mostly due to lack of low end and mid band torque. Sub and Toy actually sell quite a few world wide, but again, here in the Colonies, we've been used to being "put back in our seats" when pushing the skinny pedal. Tuners? Not really. Besides, the overwhelming majority of buyers in the power segment expect the fireworks right out of the box. The real question , in my mind, is "how" companies like Toy,Sub, can afford - in terms of real hard financial type money afford - to build and continue to market sporty cars that don't really do much and are kind of cheaply built - for such a long period of time PLUS plan to expand upon such a base by releasing special paint and bling editions when our beloved FCA can't afford to keep a car like the Dart (which still looks amazing style wise as it is) and tweak it a bit, do a power version , and jazz it up. You don't need expensive and vampireish AWD to sell smaller rockets. The Fist and Fost both sell very well in my area. Apparently (never drove either) they are smile inducing without a single mod, relatively low price for the entry trims, and seem to have Ford laughing all the way to the bank making GM and FCA jokes all the way.
As for the current TV commercials, they are entertaining. But I haven't seen a single ad on tv for a Fist or Fost and the occasional Mustang ad is a general public service reminder that Ford has a Pony car that doesn't remind you of a cartoon (Pixar) edition. I suppose all of this just bugs me because I have always been a New Car enthusiast (to me Old is just Old) and part of my employment has included retail advertising (old skool print) for many years. To me, cars .... cars that inspire at least something beyond point A to B is important.
But to the point of this thread specifically ...... I'm not sure about the logic of having Batshit Crazy collectors versions of a drag racer like the Demon, while at the same time, offer nothing in a Dodge sub compact, small car, and mid size sedan or hatch. If Serg is discontinuing Dodge as a brand, he should make it a swift blow and get it over with.
Coin Money Currency Cash Metal

#28 ·
As I appreciate everyone's point of view and how you all feel about FCA and Sergio... This thread was NOT meant to be a "Let's bash Dodge, Sergio and FCA!" I understand your feelings on that subject, and trust me I am upset to... But lets keep this on topic and Hope for the best with the new car! So, no more brand bashing and keep it upbeat! I am trying to be excited that they are building a new awesome car... Not upset cause they are going to dangle it in our faces, then decide they dont want to build it. (like the Dart SRT4)

Thank You!

#29 · (Edited)
Good points were made on each side, now everyone is uppity. No, this isn't a Dodge bashing thread, nor a pro Ford thread. Enough is enough. We all know the saying about opinions. Yes, while some opinions stink, remember someone may not like how your opinion smells either. Everyone start clean from this point on. Warnings, points or temp (or even) permavacations will ensue.

Much obliged.
-.org Staff

#33 ·
@Darth_Strife, you've made your case multiple times, please heed to the warning post I've made this morning. This is your final notice. I understand your opinions, comments and insight. However, this is enthusiast post for the new Demon Challenger. Meaning, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. Thoughtful arguments are good, but your beating a dead horse.

Keep the thread on task and on topic. One more report in my inbox and I'm dishing out vacations. Enough is enough.

#35 ·
The latest video has been posted, teasing a much lighter challenger...

Reactions: 57ChryslerDart
#46 ·
Just for the pleasure of the subject, I don't really like the whole F&F movie series. Which is odd, considering I grew up during the muscle car era and even went through the whole drifting period. But it just doesn't
appeal to my ideal of non-comic book cars. But apparently, people with money like buying full scale driveable collectables. I personally have split myself between two camps of desires : a great performing smaller car for everyday use and the occasional twisties , and the high priced yet highly refined spaceship looking machines like the McClaren series (which are supposedly great even as daily drivers).
As for what any of them can do in a straight line has always seemed pointless.

#48 ·

So the next video is out!

Now Dodge teases a Wide Body Challenger with really wide tires... I think this is going to be a more drag race specified car.

Reactions: 57ChryslerDart
#49 · (Edited)
Reactions: Exitus04
#60 ·
I thank you very much for helping me out there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.