Brisk Silver Racing spark plugs for the 1.4T - Page 4
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

Brisk Silver Racing spark plugs for the 1.4T

This is a discussion on Brisk Silver Racing spark plugs for the 1.4T within the Eurocompulsion forums, part of the Dodge Dart Forum - Supporting Vendors category; Originally Posted by Exitus04 Yes, this is true... but i have not been the only person who has had issues with these plugs when it ...

User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Brisk Silver Racing spark plugs for the 1.4T

Ride of the Month
      Rank

Rep

is mixing, fixing & producing
      hits

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye
      Mods
      breast reduction & ass implants
      Liked
      291 times
      Mentioned
      143 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Exitus04 View Post
      Yes, this is true... but i have not been the only person who has had issues with these plugs when it is colder outside. This is why i said that in order to constantly use these plugs you NEED the HPSI tune... I have a custom tune and when i use these outside of the summer they dont work correctly. Ive tried them at .020", .022" and .023" the only one that will run correctly is the .023". I wouldnt be putting this out there if i wasnt having issues, that would be stupid. All i want to do i make it completely clear that he may have issues and if he does that I have found those plugs being the cause. I came to that conclusion by testing my theory... Im not just saying o these plugs dont work cause i said so... There is evidence that is backing up my claims and there is proof... if i have to make a video for proof i will but it may not be much cause its something you FEEL when driving not something you can really hear. Ive had the plugs for about 1 year now and the only way to get them to work is re-gapping and using them in the summer only @yodamusic you live here in IL and had the same issue...
      It is true - I've had the same lugging / chugging issues with those plugs, as well. I never got a response to my inquiry about it, and it was never resolved, so I pulled them off and used the NGKs. I've never had the issue, since.
      Exitus04 likes this.

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited (DDCT)
      Mods
      EC Phase 2 Tune EC/HPSI ram air EC/HPSI Intake EC/HPSI Vacuum Hoses AGS DELETE XenonSupply 4300k B
      Liked
      8 times
      Mentioned
      6 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by yodamusic View Post
      Yes, this is true... but i have not been the only person who has had issues with these plugs when it is colder outside. This is why i said that in order to constantly use these plugs you NEED the HPSI tune... I have a custom tune and when i use these outside of the summer they dont work correctly. Ive tried them at .020", .022" and .023" the only one that will run correctly is the .023". I wouldnt be putting this out there if i wasnt having issues, that would be stupid. All i want to do i make it completely clear that he may have issues and if he does that I have found those plugs being the cause. I came to that conclusion by testing my theory... Im not just saying o these plugs dont work cause i said so... There is evidence that is backing up my claims and there is proof... if i have to make a video for proof i will but it may not be much cause its something you FEEL when driving not something you can really hear. Ive had the plugs for about 1 year now and the only way to get them to work is re-gapping and using them in the summer only @yodamusic you live here in IL and had the same issue...
      It is true - I've had the same lugging / chugging issues with those plugs, as well. I never got a response to my inquiry about it, and it was never resolved, so I pulled them off and used the NGKs. I've never had the issue, since.

Do u have hpsi tune i do not sure if itll help but yeah prob going to do summer winter thing thanks everyone

Supporting Member
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is Still Gettin it.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart 1.4L DDCT
      Mods
      Dart Horse Mods: MPX Carbon Hood MPX I/C pipes MPX Stubby antenna DV+ Crosshair Delete with
      Liked
      215 times
      Mentioned
      20 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      These brisk plugs are working very well with the phase 2 tune. I change mine with every oil change but sometimes you have to pay to play! They don't last long but I have found that gapped @.023 they work exceptional.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

is For great justice.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero 1.4T DDCT
      Liked
      762 times
      Mentioned
      77 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Just checked mine, oh my goodness they are shot LOL. Time for a new set. 7k miles on these.
      2013 Aero DDCT
      My Garage
      Build Thread

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT
      Liked
      1036 times
      Mentioned
      214 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by VaderGT View Post
      @Buddersnaps If your mods require or recommend colder plugs yes. Otherwise stockers are fine.

(DISCLAIMER: That doesnt mean that a better conductor wont offer a driveability upgrade. Im just sayin colder plugs for vehicles with mods that can take advantage of em should use em and they shouldnt see any difference with temp swings)

THIS!

Greg

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

is For great justice.

Vehicle
      Liked
      762 times
      Mentioned
      77 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by sharkcohen View Post
      Just checked mine, oh my goodness they are shot LOL. Time for a new set. 7k miles on these.
      And here is what 7000 miles looks like on these plugs. Look at those center electrodes.

If you use these, be careful of those screw on terminals on the other end. Be sure to tighten them good, or they will come loose.
      2013 Aero DDCT
      My Garage
      Build Thread

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT
      Liked
      1036 times
      Mentioned
      214 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      They don't last long, but at the moment they are the ONLY option for a colder plug.

Greg

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

is For great justice.

Vehicle
      Liked
      762 times
      Mentioned
      77 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg@EC View Post
      They don't last long, but at the moment they are the ONLY option for a colder plug.

Greg
      And they work great. I've got a fresh set in the car now.
      2013 Aero DDCT
      My Garage
      Build Thread

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Limited (DDCT)
      Mods
      EC Phase 2 Tune EC/HPSI ram air EC/HPSI Intake EC/HPSI Vacuum Hoses AGS DELETE XenonSupply 4300k B
      Liked
      8 times
      Mentioned
      6 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      what difference did you notice from the .020 gab to the .023 gap. everything been working pretty good for me but i notice when sitting in idle like for a while like waiting for the tune to do warm up phase once and a while i hear a little different engine tone and feel the slightest little nudge. was wondering if it normal or what trying to pinpoint this.?

Ride of the Month
      Rank

Rep

Supporting Member
      is CDV HAS BEEN DEFEATED!!!!

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart Aero 1.4L Turbo w/ 6-speed Manual Trans.
      Mods
      CHECK THE SIGNATURE PUNK!
      Liked
      1553 times
      Mentioned
      217 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Buddersnaps View Post
      what difference did you notice from the .020 gab to the .023 gap. everything been working pretty good for me but i notice when sitting in idle like for a while like waiting for the tune to do warm up phase once and a while i hear a little different engine tone and feel the slightest little nudge. was wondering if it normal or what trying to pinpoint this.?
      The difference isnt noticed when youre sitting idle... It when you are cruising... so, if you are driving and say are going around 45MPH and the car is in 5th gear and you are on the gas a little the car will start to have hesitation due to the gap being too small and not having a large enough spark... This will happen at pretty much any MPH because these plugs dont like cruising, they like being driven hard! But for those of us who are daily driving our darts and want to have MPG as well they dont work the best. You gotta remember that these plugs are for RACING application, meaning that they are supposed to be used for HIGH heat and extreme load on the engine constantly. If you constantly drive in a "spirited" manner then you wont notice a problem, but if you like to save gas and drive like a normal person then these plugs can show issues.
      Buddersnaps and Br0chure like this.
      FOR P0299 CODE: REPLACE YOUR BOOST SOLENOID EITHER VIA THE DEALER OR OEM REPLACEMENT...

1 of 81 BUILT IDENTICAL

Mods:
      - Forge BOV Plate
      - MPx Intercooler Pipes
      - Custom Built 3" SRI w/ K&N cone filter
      - Stock Wastegate Adjustment (8mm)
      - GFB DV+ Valve
      - RRM Lightweight Pulley
      - DRP Race Dump
      - AEM Boost Gauge
      - CravenSpeed TB Spacer
      - ADD W1 Catch Can on the line from the PCV to the intake manifold