2.4L Brisk Racing Plugs
Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
    Register

2.4L Brisk Racing Plugs

This is a discussion on 2.4L Brisk Racing Plugs within the Eurocompulsion forums, part of the Vendors category; @ Greg@EC (or one of your co-workers) could you please elaborate on which Brisk Racing plugs you are going to be supplying for the 2.4L? ...

User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
    • 2 Post By youngsmith53
    • 3 Post By Greg@EC

Thread: 2.4L Brisk Racing Plugs

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Citrus Peel Pearlcoat Rallye w/ 2.0L Powertech
      Mods
      Too many for this box. Visit the build thread, click the link in signature...
      Liked
      4204 times
      Mentioned
      655 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)

2.4L Brisk Racing Plugs

@Greg@EC (or one of your co-workers) could you please elaborate on which Brisk Racing plugs you are going to be supplying for the 2.4L?

Name:  brisk.JPG
Views: 161
Size:  10.5 KB

Reason being is when I go to Brisk's website the only racing plugs they are offering in our reach (2.0/2.4L NA reach is 63/64" to 1") is the following, silver racing spark plugs - 26.5mm-1"...

Name:  brisk 2.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  26.2 KB

RR12YS or RR08S type of plugs? Which one do you prefer, or what is your reasoning's on why one is better than the other? Do you know what the out of box gap is? What is the heat range of the plugs? Which then leads into which one will you be offering for sale, or when will they be going on sale? Hopefully this is one of many new NA parts you will be offering for our platform... Much obliged for your time this morning, and thank you for all you do for our community
      Last edited by youngsmith53; 09-29-2015 at 06:19 AM. Reason: grammar
      YoungSmith53 / Aya Build Thread
      To make the .org enjoyable, follow the .org guidelines, use the new and improved reputation system (star button at bottom left of post) & the new and improved .org search.

Master Mechanic
      Rank

Rep

is 2.slow no more!

Vehicle
      2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 2.0L in Bright Silver
      Mods
      See signature.
      Liked
      804 times
      Mentioned
      84 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      following this thread, was nervous to put coppers in my baby, but i'd definitely be interested in silvers!!!!
      @youngsmith53 any documentation on how long these plugs are supposed to last? I know coppers are 30k.

Super Moderator
      Rank

Rep

is Glorious

Vehicle
      Citrus Peel Pearlcoat Rallye w/ 2.0L Powertech
      Mods
      Too many for this box. Visit the build thread, click the link in signature...
      Liked
      4204 times
      Mentioned
      655 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by EMount91 View Post
      following this thread, was nervous to put coppers in my baby, but i'd definitely be interested in silvers!!!!
      @youngsmith53 any documentation on how long these plugs are supposed to last? I know coppers are 30k.
      I won't speak on behalf of EC or Brisk, but I will direct you towards this thread that is out of the vendor section... http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodg...tml#post419210
      Cntrollerfanboy and EMount91 like this.
      YoungSmith53 / Aya Build Thread
      To make the .org enjoyable, follow the .org guidelines, use the new and improved reputation system (star button at bottom left of post) & the new and improved .org search.

4. Remove Advertisements
      Dodge-Dart.org
      Advertisements

Jackman
      Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
      2015 Dodge Dart GT
      Liked
      1036 times
      Mentioned
      214 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Sorry for the delay, I was traveling all day today from Germany back to the US.

First of all, I have to say that the Brisks for the 2.4 are not out yet, and testing isn't complete, so I'll hold off on the specifics.

In the case of the 1.4 we strongly suggest Brisk plugs because they can be purchased one heat range colder than the stock plugs. This gives an extra margin of safety against knock which is important with hotter tunes, ESPECIALLY if the car doesn't run a true cold air intake. The downside is that if you drive like a grandma, the colder plugs will tend to foul.

In the case of the 2.4, it has pretty low compression so unless you are spraying large amount of nitrous I just don't see knock being a big factor so going a heat range colder will not be as important, but it may still be desirable for some.

Brisk plugs are not pre-gapped, you have to gap them.

As a general rule spark plug brands make little difference in power. Assuming they are properly gapped, it's largely about, heat ranges, longevity, and cost. Over the years I have seen a lot of arguments about which plugs make the most power, but in my experience there won't be 2hp difference between brands at a given heat range and gap and likely not even a 1/2 hp difference.

I'll have more info on this as soon as we finsh testing these in the 2.4.

Greg

Sponsored Links