Dodge Dart Forum banner

what tire pressure you all rolling with

39K views 50 replies 41 participants last post by  Luke5119 
#1 ·
With the cold weather that showed up over last couple weeks, the pressure in my tires has dropped since I bought it. Thinking I need to add some air to the tires.

#36 ·
Nitrogen is vastly a scam. Unless they suck every last part of the air out of your tire and keep it in a vacuum until they filled with pure nitrogen you really don't get much out of it. Air is already like 76% nitrogen. pure 100% nitrogen has its benefits, but they mostly only exist in super performance instances as well as aircraft tires due to the huge change in elevation.

#37 ·
My dart had 17 wheels on it and I upgraded to the 18 hyperblacks so my door sticker says 17 wheels ..the 18s came from the dealer with 40 in fronts and 39 in rear ..what does the sticker say on the 18s ... Should I run less preasure when it snows .. Should I keep it at 40 39 normally ..i do want the best mpg I can thanks

#39 ·
40, compliments of GetGo's automatic shutoff. Has turned to 36-37 with the cooler weather.

#40 ·
My dart had 17 wheels on it and I upgraded to the 18 hyperblacks so my door sticker says 17 wheels ..the 18s came from the dealer with 40 in fronts and 39 in rear ..what does the sticker say on the 18s ... Should I run less preasure when it snows .. Should I keep it at 40 39 normally ..i do want the best mpg I can thanks
any thoughts

#42 ·
It goes down to 34 when cold and 37 when hot all around…. is it normal? I should keep it 37 when cold and unto 40 when hot?

#49 ·
Holy old thread Batman!!. No need to go to the dealer, the car will recognize the sensors almost immediately.

Reactions: starscream5000
#51 ·
I'm having some pretty extreme fluctuations. I've filled them the recommended 38 front and 34 rear, on my 2015 GT and this morning the rears read 30 and the fronts 30. That's 4 lbs drop on the rear and 8 on the front! In just one night! If there is any one problem I've consistently had it's the damn tire pressure gauge. The front right ALWAYS reads low. I hardly ever had to stop to air my tires on my old car, on this car I'm airing them back up 3-4 times a month just to level the pressure on the tires!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.