Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
Register

Adjusting the Clutch Pedal Depth

This is a discussion on Adjusting the Clutch Pedal Depth within the Dodge Dart Transmission forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; Maybe @ DeyemeRacing can check the FSM. I think they have one now....

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Adjusting the Clutch Pedal Depth

Master Mechanic
    Rank

Rep

is Wanting to install other car
    parts!

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye from the Texas Motorspeedway.
    Mods
    MP shorty antenna,MP STS, DMR motor mounts.
    Liked
    701 times
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe @DeyemeRacing can check the FSM. I think they have one now.

Supporting Vendor
    Rank

Rep

Supporting Vendor
    is doing end-of-year inventory
    and tax prep

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye--- 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T--- 1996 Dodge Neon ACR Coupe
    Mods
    DMR alloy license plate bracket and bolt kit
    Liked
    295 times
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's something I'm going to be looking into - both aftermarket clutch and flywheel, and fixing the extremely long travel and high start height. It seems silly to me to have a low (gas) medium (brake) and high (clutch) pedal in the car. They should be level with one another. If the clutch just didn't start so high, the travel would be perfect. I am accustomed to driving my racecar (96 Neon with non-hydraulic clutch) but I've also owned a '02 Stratus Coupe, '00 Dakota, and a few other cars with manuals.

I think part of the problem with shorter drivers is the length of the seat cushion. The center pushes forward more than the edges. If your knees aren't beyond the cushion enough, it's harder to get your legs to a position where you can make the clutch travel comfortably.

On a side note, the FSM is strangely designed. It's not as informative as the old manuals (and I have a lot of them!), and there's really important things that are left out, like the wiring diagrams.
    Last edited by DeyemeRacing; 06-22-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Newb
    Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also hate the clutch. I've driven many cars all manual transmission and they were all better ex. RX-8. Anybody have news on whether this can be adjusted or replaced? Its almost as if you tied a plastic tie on the clutch to not let it go so far up that would work. I wear size 12 shoes so I'm always touching the underside of the dash or having to move my foot when releasing the clutch to stop my foot from touching. Its very annoying, had the car for 1 month now and I still haven't got used to it.

Tire Carrier
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 2.0 ^ spd manual. Blue Streak Racetrack lights Fog lights Bluetooth
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyemeRacing View Post
    It's something I'm going to be looking into - both aftermarket clutch and flywheel, and fixing the extremely long travel and high start height. It seems silly to me to have a low (gas) medium (brake) and high (clutch) pedal in the car. They should be level with one another. If the clutch just didn't start so high, the travel would be perfect. I am accustomed to driving my racecar (96 Neon with non-hydraulic clutch) but I've also owned a '02 Stratus Coupe, '00 Dakota, and a few other cars with manuals.

I think part of the problem with shorter drivers is the length of the seat cushion. The center pushes forward more than the edges. If your knees aren't beyond the cushion enough, it's harder to get your legs to a position where you can make the clutch travel comfortably.

On a side note, the FSM is strangely designed. It's not as informative as the old manuals (and I have a lot of them!), and there's really important things that are left out, like the wiring diagrams.
    I agree with seat length. It is a pain using the clutch. Enough so that I don't enjoy the car so much. Oh well I've got payments for while.

Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ads