Follow Us On Follow us on Google Plus Follow us on Facebook
Register

Adjusting the Clutch Pedal Depth

This is a discussion on Adjusting the Clutch Pedal Depth within the Dodge Dart Transmission forums, part of the Dodge Dart Garage - The Mopar Zone category; Maybe @ DeyemeRacing can check the FSM. I think they have one now....

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Adjusting the Clutch Pedal Depth

Master Mechanic
    Rank

Rep

is Wanting to install other car
    parts!

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye from the Texas Motorspeedway.
    Mods
    MP shorty antenna,MP STS, DMR motor mounts.
    Liked
    732 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe @DeyemeRacing can check the FSM. I think they have one now.

Supporting Vendor
    Rank

Rep

Supporting Vendor
    is selling the fastest car in the
    stable to make room for
    something faster

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye--- 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T--- 1996 Dodge Neon ACR Coupe
    Mods
    DMR alloy license plate bracket and bolt kit
    Liked
    351 times
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's something I'm going to be looking into - both aftermarket clutch and flywheel, and fixing the extremely long travel and high start height. It seems silly to me to have a low (gas) medium (brake) and high (clutch) pedal in the car. They should be level with one another. If the clutch just didn't start so high, the travel would be perfect. I am accustomed to driving my racecar (96 Neon with non-hydraulic clutch) but I've also owned a '02 Stratus Coupe, '00 Dakota, and a few other cars with manuals.

I think part of the problem with shorter drivers is the length of the seat cushion. The center pushes forward more than the edges. If your knees aren't beyond the cushion enough, it's harder to get your legs to a position where you can make the clutch travel comfortably.

On a side note, the FSM is strangely designed. It's not as informative as the old manuals (and I have a lot of them!), and there's really important things that are left out, like the wiring diagrams.
    Last edited by DeyemeRacing; 06-22-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Newb
    Rep

This user has no status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also hate the clutch. I've driven many cars all manual transmission and they were all better ex. RX-8. Anybody have news on whether this can be adjusted or replaced? Its almost as if you tied a plastic tie on the clutch to not let it go so far up that would work. I wear size 12 shoes so I'm always touching the underside of the dash or having to move my foot when releasing the clutch to stop my foot from touching. Its very annoying, had the car for 1 month now and I still haven't got used to it.

Tire Carrier
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 2.0 ^ spd manual. Blue Streak Racetrack lights Fog lights Bluetooth
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyemeRacing View Post
    It's something I'm going to be looking into - both aftermarket clutch and flywheel, and fixing the extremely long travel and high start height. It seems silly to me to have a low (gas) medium (brake) and high (clutch) pedal in the car. They should be level with one another. If the clutch just didn't start so high, the travel would be perfect. I am accustomed to driving my racecar (96 Neon with non-hydraulic clutch) but I've also owned a '02 Stratus Coupe, '00 Dakota, and a few other cars with manuals.

I think part of the problem with shorter drivers is the length of the seat cushion. The center pushes forward more than the edges. If your knees aren't beyond the cushion enough, it's harder to get your legs to a position where you can make the clutch travel comfortably.

On a side note, the FSM is strangely designed. It's not as informative as the old manuals (and I have a lot of them!), and there's really important things that are left out, like the wiring diagrams.
    I agree with seat length. It is a pain using the clutch. Enough so that I don't enjoy the car so much. Oh well I've got payments for while.

Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart

Newb
    Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2014 Dodge Dart GT
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accelerator depth adjustment?

Quote Originally Posted by E1ectricOrange View Post
    On the same note, is there a way to bring the accelerator pedal forward? Maybe I'm a moron but has anyone else noticed that it's a little further back than the brake pedal? I could be wrong I haven't actually gotten down in there but I kind of notice it when I change from my work shoes to my everyday shoes.
    Have you figured this out? Just got my Dart 2 weeks ago, and I already wish for the solution on the accelerator. The clutch is mostly okay for me, as-is.

Tire Carrier
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    Doge Dart SE
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tdogg4ya View Post
    I also hate the clutch. I've driven many cars all manual transmission and they were all better ex. RX-8. Anybody have news on whether this can be adjusted or replaced? Its almost as if you tied a plastic tie on the clutch to not let it go so far up that would work. I wear size 12 shoes so I'm always touching the underside of the dash or having to move my foot when releasing the clutch to stop my foot from touching. Its very annoying, had the car for 1 month now and I still haven't got used to it.
    I agree the clutch is way to high and it becomes very frustrating pushing it all of the way down my foot has slipped and I have got my shoe laces stuck under my brake pedal many times

Master Mechanic
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 Header Orange Dodge Dart SXT SE Group
    Mods
    Shark Fin Antenna Orange Interior Molding Tint (soon) Eyelids (soon) Plastidip badges (soon)
    Liked
    616 times
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreccetteBetty View Post
    Have you figured this out? Just got my Dart 2 weeks ago, and I already wish for the solution on the accelerator. The clutch is mostly okay for me, as-is.
    No, I just kind of got used to it.

Future Mods:
    Painted Insert of Crosshair
    Eye Lids
    Tint (at some point)
    Black front fascia
    Rallye badge

Tire Carrier
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The clutch does have quite a bit of travel to it. I had a Ford Ranger with that had less clutch travel than my Dart. This makes it hard to find a comfortable seating position. If I push the seat back to where my knee isn't hitting the dash, I have to move forward in the seat to depress the clutch. If I sit where it's comfortable to depress the clutch, my knee is on the steering wheel. I would think there would be a way to adjust the actual pedal.

Jackman
    Rank

Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Dart SE
    Liked
    45 times
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post

I agree the clutch is way to high and it becomes very frustrating pushing it all of the way down my foot has slipped and I have got my shoe laces stuck under my brake pedal many times
    Learn how to depress the clutch properly. Once is a slip. Many times is failure to properly operate the vehicle.

Newb
    Rep

This user has no status.

Vehicle
    2014 Dodge Dart GT, Billet Silver
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    From another forum user, I got the tip that the clutch doesn't have to be completely depressed. It's made it a lot easier to drive (I'm pretty short) - there's a couple inches at the bottom that make no difference. Once the clutch plates are apart, it doesn't matter how far apart they are to be able to shift. Maybe that'll help you too!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ads