Dodge Dart Forum banner

Dodge Dart SRT4?

22K views 60 replies 21 participants last post by  suzq044 
#1 ·
I could see this being the Dart SRT4 in the near future. Obviously I photoslopped this quick, but I dig the bronze colored rims on the new Charger Hellcat. Hmmm, Dodge Dart Hellcat possibly? I could go on for hours photoslopping SRT4 Dart ideas.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto show Mid-size car

See less See more
#24 ·
Just look at the past 2 iterations of the SRT4 and you will know...they never look remotely close and always stand out lol.

We do know it's going to be a turbo 4; but they don't use the numbers in the 'name' anymore. It'll be "SRT Dart" just like it's "SRT Charger" and "SRT Hellcat Challenger". But aside from that and the AWD, we know nothing.

I think he was photoshopping the /look/ of the SRT from the side. They seem to be favoring the bronze wheel look [aka brass monkey] lately, and I can't say I blame them. That said, he didn't just change the wheels.

Im pretty sure all the badges still use the numbers.

#5 ·
Reactions: godfathercaine
#6 ·
don't know how much truth is behind this. But a friend of my brothers works for the SRT department and test drives all the set cars, and does all the testing for the new cars. My brother was talking to him on the phone the other day, and he asked what cars are his favorite that he drove lately. And the guy told
Him the charger hellicat, or the srt4 dart...that's all he said. He did mention that they took the ecu to make performance and got a little over 360hp out of the 2.4 turbo. So hopefully this is what they use and it was true. And I will also say this. I seen a picture of a dart he sent my brother, and I never seen this one before...looked like the scat pack dart. But different hood, and wheels..

#7 ·
... I saw a picture of a dart he sent my brother, and I never seen this one before...looked like the scat pack dart. But different hood, and wheels..
As the saying goes: "Pics or it didn't happen!" :rolleyes: :D

#14 · (Edited)
pics and his bro's friend that supposedly works in the SRT department will lose his job though. ...
TFTFY :D

For the record ... I was just joking around with @Blacklimited (hence the "Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)" :rolleyes: & "Big Grin" :D smileys) ... cause his reply to this (umpteenth) thread speculating what the 2017 Dodge Dart SRT might look like, read like a classic "Internet Rumor" post.

Which reminds me ... My second cousin's ex-wife's neighbor graduated from the Art Center College of Design (in Pasadena, CA) ... and one of his fellow graduates went on to work for the design studio at Chrysler LLC (now FCA) ... and they leaked the actual designs for the DSRT to the corporate PR folks ... who in turn, gave the renderings to that allpar.com website ... I believe this designer's name is either Jack Ratchett or Susan Rand :rolleyes: :D

#9 ·
Pic could have been the GTS Tribute too, for all we know. But if not, and it is the SRT4... don't share the pic here for the sake of his job. We know that Dodge is watching us. lol

#10 ·
Pics won't matter at this point anyway. The DSRT is still 2 years from production. They'll be running the engine in a test mule car at this point in time. They've been developing the 2.4 turbo for over a year now. I'm sure they have put it into a current Dart and are doing durability testing on it. They could change the appearance several times between now and final production.

#12 ·
yeah...so don't get your guys panties in a bunch when it looks different then the pics on Google.it always changes. and i just hope they figure it out and get it together. so they don't push it off for another year or so. i am still going to keep my dart because i love it too much to give it up for anything else. its just too hard hehehe

#20 ·
I could see this being the Dart SRT4 in the near future. Obviously I photoslopped this quick, but I dig the bronze colored rims on the new Charger Hellcat. Hmmm, Dodge Dart Hellcat possibly? I could go on for hours photoslopping SRT4 Dart ideas.

View attachment 40426
so you say new SRT4 (we don't even know if it is 4 or not) will be based on old Dart while other 2017 Darts will be completely redesigned?? Doesn't make any sense, and your photoshop doesn't make any sense as well, swapping rims from hellcat doesn't make it SRT! Just saying

#27 ·
Are you illiterate or is something else wrong with you? Read my post again, if you need help reading it, let me know, I may be able to help. I was just playing in photoslop. It totally could be a 6cyl car since the new 200's are based off the Dart platform and are equipped with 6cyl engines. You need to relax and simply take the image for what it's worth... a simple photoslopped image. If you read the first response to the post I admit I simply stole the wheels from the Hellcat Charger, Hell the brakes aren't even correct. DUDE!!!!

#21 · (Edited)
We do know it's going to be a turbo 4; but they don't use the numbers in the 'name' anymore. It'll be "SRT Dart" just like it's "SRT Charger" and "SRT Hellcat Challenger". But aside from that and the AWD, we know nothing.

I think he was photoshopping the /look/ of the SRT from the side. They seem to be favoring the bronze wheel look [aka brass monkey] lately, and I can't say I blame them. That said, he didn't just change the wheels.

#22 ·
I didn't know that SRT is going to be 4 cyl... good to know, I still hope it is going to be 2.4 at least but not a 1.7 alfa engine lol
AWD is good, only if it is full time, not like all modern cars with 80% FWD and only 20% rear with bunch of electronics which makes it expensive and complicated..
2 more years before that....

#23 ·
Actually we don't KNOW anything at this point. We can probaly say with 99.99% certainty it will be the new 2.4L turbo engine that FCA has been working on for over a year now. They have also been developing a 2.0L turbo engine too. We do know that the Dart is due for a refresh in 2016 according to their plan and accepted manufacturer design changes that happen every 3 years. Will it be a totally new design or just an update?. Nobody knows that can say anything and keep their job at this point. But it sure makes for good conversation,lol. :big smile:

#29 ·
I was not aware of the Dart redesign happening in 2016, but it makes sense since the new Charger has styling robbed from the current Dart. I wonder what the Dart SRT sticker price will be? I assume around $30K? What did the SRT Caliber's sell for? I pass one of those every morning and it looks pretty cool.

#46 · (Edited)
#47 · (Edited)
The Mazda 3 and focus are still pretty close, platform-wise. That said, the link you posted says nothing until 2018. By then the dart srt will have been out for at least a year, maybe two and knowing Chrysler/SRT, they'll up the ante every year the car is made if needs be.

Idk if Ford has the balls to put out something that could be faster than the mustang. Only time will tell.

#50 ·
I hope the "b" segment car is the Hornet:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.