Dodge Dart Forum banner

New Scat Pack Info... Not Good :(

57K views 129 replies 46 participants last post by  junior23lbc 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Like I keep saying Mopar hates the Dart!

#10 ·
OK Guys and Gals,
If some of you would do your homework there was a Name and Number on that article and as you would know it he answered his phone. So I asked why there was no news about the Dart Scat Pack. He said to me and I quote "It is still in the works and will be coming out very soon. We are getting the pricing nailed down and will be doing a press release VERY soon." So don't get your panties in a bunch about something that we have no control over. Just sit back and wait like the rest of us. And if you are so inclined to call him yourself and maybe Chrysler will see it better get on the ball or they will miss out on the bottom line CASH.

#11 ·
OK Guys and Gals,
If some of you would do your homework there was a Name and Number on that article and as you would know it he answered his phone. So I asked why there was no news about the Dart Scat Pack. He said to me and I quote "It is still in the works and will be coming out very soon. We are getting the pricing nailed down and will be doing a press release VERY soon." So don't get your panties in a bunch about something that we have no control over. Just sit back and wait like the rest of us. And if you are so inclined to call him yourself and maybe Chrysler will see it better get on the ball or they will miss out on the bottom line CASH.
HA! Jokes' on you, I don't even wear underwear!

#13 ·
Ok if you look at what they have in there "Packs" you can understand the cost. I don't think the Dart "Packs" will even be close to those prices.

Reactions: AndreaLee
#20 ·
from some sources that I will not disclose, rumour had it the dart scat pak won't be out till christmas once the '16 darts come out.

#23 ·
I have heard this from elsewhere on the forums with the hood release. Looks to be a pretty accurate estimate on the timeframe for release. Pretty disappointing considering there original announcement called for springtime availability....

#24 · (Edited)
I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Chrysler has to serve the Charger/Challenger fanboys first and foremost. The Italians running FCA are aware of their presence.

The Dart is still important to FCA, they're probably making sure there's enough 2.4s out there to warrant selling these kits.

I used to have a 2006 Mustang V6; that community was hella pissed for years that Ford didn't more for the buyers of the 4.0 when the aftermarket showed strong support for those cars.

#27 · (Edited)
I never said the 1.4T was flawless. However, you are acting like it is a failure if Dodge does not do something about the power. I am just here to say that we don't need Dodge, and in fact aftermarket companies are the cavalry that are already riding to our rescue.

So you don't keep trying to continue to morph this into me saying the 1.4T is flawless (which I never have), here is what you said that I am commenting about:

oldirtybootz--"Either way they're missing out. Granted, there doesn't seem to be much from the aftermarket for the 2.4 yet, so the Scat Pack Dart had an advantage there but it's late to market and it totally neglects the turbo buyers. Chrysler saddled the 1.4 with too much weight and now refuses to support the buyers with Mopar parts. At least the non-engine mods should work."

I am just making sure someone who knows nothing about modding doesn't think you are right about us 1.4t owners being doomed because Dodge doesn't want to give us performance mods. You should check out the aftermarket for your 1.4T Dart sometime...........

#28 ·
Wow you're thick. Perhaps I wasn't clear the first 3 times. I'm very familiar with the aftermarket for our cars, I even have some MPx parts and I've looked into every vendor at one point or another. I appreciate that there is an aftermarket for our cars, since without it we would quite literally have nothing in the way of performance mods.

And that brings me to my next point. Chrysler stuck the 1.4 in a car far too heavy for its specs. We all know the engine can make more power with just a tune, as it does in the Abarth Assetto Corse(200hp, yumm) or the 190hp 695 Biposto. It would be very simple for Chrysler to offer a tune and other parts for us, yet they shoved the car to the side in favor of the 2.4L. The Scat Pack, lovely as it is, just sort of sums up their support of the turbo, or rather the lack thereof. I much prefer the 1.4 to the Tigersharks(hence why I spend my money on one) but it needs a tune, which is the sort of thing I would prefer came from the factory, as it evidently will for the 2.4L.

Now, I never said that we're doomed without Chrysler's support or that there's no aftermarket for our car. My point is that the Scat Pack is almost a slap in the face to those of us that bought and prefer the 1.4.

To be truthful though, my ideal Dart would use the Alfa 1.75L from the 4C. The noises it makes are glorious and the power is a Goldilocks *just right* for me.

#29 ·
excuse me, but I thought the 1.4T was never intended to be a "high performance" engine in the Dart, I thought it was supposed to be used as the "high MPG" engine and the 2.4 was intended as the "high performance" engine until Chrysler could figure out if they wanted to sell an SRT version of the Dart.

#42 · (Edited)
Disclaimer: Only Speculation (no real numbers yet) There has been talks about over 250HP (I would guess SXT and GT ecoboost competitor). If there is an SRT 300HPish. Ralph has said "now that we have the 4cyl engines over 250HP we could possibly make the SRT-4". Entry level n/a engines would probably be at or above current GT levels. Once again this is just hearsay, all we know for sure is that Chrysler is not screwing up again and will get a new family of 4 Cyl engines (Hurricane) that will be quiter and much more powerful than their predecessors while getting good MPG. 2.0T Hurricane for sure and 9 speeds across the board. Manual will still be available. They will be direct injected. I am so glad I waited, interesting times are coming. Look for a "slight" front and rear refresh as well.

#54 ·
I want that hood for the mistaken belief that it will attract the wiminz!

#63 ·
congrats, you found some proof, but, the 04 SRT4 was running 230hp and 250 and it has had dynos of 217 to 220whp stock.

but that SRT4 you are useing as a benchmark may have dyno'd at 207whp but it still ran a 13.9 in the 1/4 mile. the 1.4 dart wont touch a 13 anything any time soon without some very heavy mods. you dont have the displacement to do it. the 2.4 you are trying to say your making the power of was hitting 600hp because if displacement available. it has something the 1.4 lacks, displacement. i dont think i can say it enough, your trying to compare a GAS SAVER to a SPORTS CAR. anyone who bought the 1.4 because of the current mods to be "FAST" got the wrong car. i feel you bought this because you was "TURBO" and figured that a honeywell was gonna do it for you.

i honestly think if you want more power, you need to increase your compression over 7.5:1 and you will make more power. but i dont think the 1.4 can handle that kind of compression.

#62 ·
Ok, I'll bite. Though I might regret it.

The post clearly states at the time of its writing, the car in question was five years old. I'll go out on a limb and say that car was not babied in any way, shape or form, so that stands to be accurate for the initial pull. They essentially did a tune-up, and those results are more in line with a brand-new-never-driven-hard SRT4.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

You have a nice car, but you need to stop.

Reactions: abnoxiousorange
#67 ·
I could have swore this thread was in the Scat Pack section where the title says its about Scat Pack's and the opening post was about the new Scat Packs released for the Charger and Challenger. Can anyone point out to me where in that last sentence it says, "lets have another pointless 1.4T vs 2.4L fight"

Get OVER it already! Getting tired of seeing these debates pop up everywhere. :furious:

#70 ·
but the problem is there is no scat pack, nor will there be one for the car for now. all info that is posted on the scat pack is fodder from the net. no one has proof of a time, a date or release. id go on a limb and say it will not even be available for this gen of dart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.