Dodge Dart Forum banner

How long to order?!

21K views 137 replies 33 participants last post by  E1ectricOrange 
#1 ·
I ordered my new Dart on November 26th. Got a confirmation email from Dodge on the 29th saying it was being processed at the plant. Have not seen any change everytime I go back. Not sure if its taking long because of the holiday or because they havent updated it yet. I am really just seeing how long it took from production stage to frame? Its been 3.5 weeks and nothing has changed.

Maybe I shouldnt be worried. How long was it for anyone else?

#4 ·
Orders typically take 6-8 weeks. Everything depends on the configuration you built and if the parts are available to build your car. If there is a part missing your order status will sit in BX status until there's parts available. You may get caught in a small holiday break so it may take slightly longer. Just be patient and your Dart will magically appear on the dealers lot. Judging from the 3.5 weeks you mentioned you're about halfway through the waiting process. Again, because of the holidays you may have to wait a tiny bit longer than normal. I'm not sure if the Belvidere plant where they mark the Dart is closing for a few days for Christmas or not.

#9 ·
I really need to get into 9190.

In other news, I ordered on 12/7. I thought I was in D1 already, I wasn't. Oh but I am now!

"Scheduled for Build (D1) 12/22/2012 05:40 AM CST Belvidere Assembly, IL"

Just my luck! D1 right before break!

#13 ·
I ordered mine November 28th, and haven't heard anything from Dodge. I check in with the dealer about once a week for status updates and was told on Dec 21 that it's in production and should be a few more weeks. Hoping the 2nd week of January because of the holidays? Seems like I'm the only one who hasn't heard from Dodge directly. That makes me nervous...

#16 ·
You ordered yours real close to mine.

Looks like I'm going to get mine a lot quicker than the end of February like I was expecting.

...assuming I don't get stuck in "I" status. This is something none of us on here want.

#18 ·
good question - Actually, it'd be cool if there were somewhere that tells us what each status means. o_O

I know D1, which means they haven't gotten everything from the suppliers to start building.
Which is where mine is currently stuck (just before the factory break). An aquaintence over @ Allpar told me. (Moparian)
It doesn't even have a delivery ETA yet. :\

#20 · (Edited)
"I" status means built, but not OK'd. That means that something is wrong with it. Anything could be wrong. Bad fender. Bad parts from the supplier. It needs repair. Better to have it fixed in the factory than in the dealership. At least we know what we are doing. Just kidding, but some techs are still figuring this car out. That's all I meant by that.

#27 ·
Congrats! Sounds about right. It will be here before you know it!

#31 ·
Wish the forum had a "dislike" option for this :$

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.