Dodge Dart Forum banner

How long to order?!

21K views 137 replies 33 participants last post by  E1ectricOrange 
#1 ·
I ordered my new Dart on November 26th. Got a confirmation email from Dodge on the 29th saying it was being processed at the plant. Have not seen any change everytime I go back. Not sure if its taking long because of the holiday or because they havent updated it yet. I am really just seeing how long it took from production stage to frame? Its been 3.5 weeks and nothing has changed.

Maybe I shouldnt be worried. How long was it for anyone else?

#76 ·
I just went to the dealer after moparian told me it was @ the dealer. It actually took a day or two getting from the railyard to the dealer and they are probably less than an hour apart. I know its hard, but be patient. Maybe contact moparian with your vin & he can tell you where it is.

#77 ·
I can understand a day or two, but a week is a bit much. The biggest thing is the lack of communication. I never got my VIN, this whole thing has been screwey. I never received updates from dodge, because I guess my email was never entered in the order process. I asked for my VIN last week for the auto insurance but they never got back to me with it.

#79 ·
I finally spoke with the dealer and he told me the same about the delivery truck not being full enough to justify the trip to the dealership. So I called around and found the same exact car I ordered, down to the color, available to buy tonight if I so desired. I called my dealer and he did not answer so I left him a message telling him I could have the car tonight elsewhere. He called me within 5 minutes and guaranteed delivery tomorrow. So we shall see. At least now I feel like I have some options and more leverage, and worst case, since I havent put any money down, I can get the same care from another dealer, same day

#82 ·
Car ordered 2-7-13 it is now 3-4-13 I tried dodges/vots tracking because I have not had any of the "email updates" the dealer said I would receive, and it returned nothing with my VON number. It said to call dodge, so I did and the representative also could not return and details....... :disappointed:

Now im worried. Anyone else experience this? I want the car already and either the dealer jacked something up or it just going to take a LONG time :crying:

#83 ·
I ordered January 12th and my car was just built yesterday, it takes a while. I haven't gotten any correspondence from Dodge yet, just information through my dealer and people on the site.

#87 ·
My Dart arrived at the dealership exactly 5 weeks from the date I ordered it. And the length of time it takes before it's built and shipped has more to do with customer priority vs. parts availability, etc.

I ordered a minivan (Plymouth Grand Voyager) for my wife many years ago. I knew someone who was an acquaintance of the production control manager at the assembly plant where it was being built. He sent an e-mail to him, and our van arrived just a couple weeks after we ordered it. The salesman said he never saw an order come through that fast before. Just pays to know someone "on the inside"...

#88 ·
Mine was built at 4 weeks, and shipped to take two more to the east coast. 6 weeks total. Dont have it yet, still has to make it's way to me.

tough wait, but doable.

ed

#92 ·
Hard to say. If they are having issues at Belvedere, or are lacking parts due to disruptions in their supply chain, it might be a little while. I'll make a note to check once in a while. Once your car hits D1 status (gate line) it will show an estimated shipping date.

#98 ·
So I only have 600 miles left to drive on my current lease before I go over my mileage and have to pay which I do not have the money to do. My car is still in D1 with a delivery date to be the beginning of April. I have to drive almost 300 miles a week so this is not looking good. I just called my dart guy and he's going to find out if my car can be expedited. *fingers Crossed*

#100 ·
Apparently my dart guy called and the dealer just got back to me saying it's scheduled to leave the factory this friday but we'll know Friday of the the exact delivery date. Hopefully this hurries up. I ordered it only the 1st of this month so to say that it will be here in another week or so is impressive in itself since normally they say 6-8 weeks. I was originally fine with waiting however long it would take but my miles are really creeping up quickly.

#109 · (Edited)
When I ordered my Dart, the dealer told me 3-4 weeks ... and if it wasn't for a 2-day shutdown of the assembly plant, I might have gotten it within the four week window.

Here's the timeline of my Dart order:

• July 21, 2012: Ordered my 2013 DART LIMITED today
  • July 31, 2012: Received my "Confirmation" e-mail from Dodge ... VOTS status already at "Production Scheduled".
  • August 1, 2012: Received my "Production Scheduled" e-mail (with VOTS instructions & last 8 of my VIN).
  • August 10, 2012: Received my "Build" e-mail ... VOTS status at "Frame".
  • August 10-12, 2012: Never saw it, but assume VOTS status changed to "Paint".
  • August 10-12, 2012: Never saw it, but assume VOTS status changed to "Trim".
  • August 13, 2012: VOTS status at "Final Inspection".
  • August 14, 2012: Received my "Built" e-mail ... VOTS status at "Shipment".
  • August 21, 2012: Order Status Code at "KZT: Second rail departure" (Winnemucca, NV).
  • August 22, 2012: Order Status Code at "KZU: Second rail arrival" (Benicia, CA).
  • August 23, 2012: Order Status Code at "KZX: Delivered to dealer".
  • August 24, 2012: Dealer performed Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) in the morning ... Took "Delivery" of my Dart in the afternoon.

#110 ·
I called my dealer to see if there was any way to get my car built and delivered quicker as my girlfriends mom is buying my car and is currently out of a car. He was going to call his DM and have them attempt to move it through. Been over 3 weeks so far and would be awesome to get it by the end of next week. Fingers crossed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.