Dodge Dart Forum banner

Mopar '13 and GT open to order!

37K views 153 replies 47 participants last post by  dsryan24 
#1 · (Edited)

The MOPAR '13 and GT are officially open for ordering. So, if you've been impatiently waiting, now is your chance.

The MOPAR '13 is based on the GT, so the tails, black housing headlights and fogs are standard; contrary to the photo above.

[UPDATE] It seems that it was an accidental release. Those that did get orders through during that short window have not been dropped/cancelled as of yet, so one can only assume that we're finally close.

See less See more
#35 ·
Keep in mind there's a big difference between Chrysler and the people who sell them.

Reactions: UN4GTBL
#36 ·
Connecticut Dealer, Artioli, said that they do not have the availabilty to place orders for GT or M13. He has been checking multiple times a day, from the last month, about placing orders. He is about as happy with the sitiuation as most of us are. He has a list of 15 persons waiting to order. He fears some may not wait and buy elsewhere, hurting his business. Me, I can wait. I think of it this way; i'm saving more money everyday for aftermarket. I'll be able to buy all the parts I need all at once!

#42 · (Edited)
IT SEEMS IT MAY HAVE BEEN A TEST....
As a Software Engineer with 27 years of experience in the industry (the last 14 as part of our Corporate IT team), I would suspect that the GT (& maybe the MOPAR '13) will be going "live" on the Dealer Ordering System in the next few days.

I can't believe that the IT folks at a company as large as FIAT/Chrysler/Dodge would "TEST" a software update on a "production" system (i.e., a server connected to their corporate network) unless they were very close to permanently implementing the change.

Software & IT professionals spend many hours testing even the smallest of software updates in a Development and/or Test environment (i.e., servers & workstations on a standalone internal network) before they would even consider "trying-out" the change on their "live" corporate network.

The same is true for changes to a public Internet website (e.g., the Dodge.com Build & Price site).

EDIT: Thanks for all the "Likes" on this post! ... I just hope my theory is correct and the GT & MOPAR '13 will actually be available for order sometime this month! :)

#45 ·
So is there any hope I could order a citrus Peel GT. Even though the color was killed off this month? If not. Kinda bummed the GT finally comes right when they take away the only green. I dare say I may just be radical enough to hold out for a 14 challenger if sublime is really set to return.

#49 · (Edited)
Thanks I Can't wait to see one and compare to my Limited.

#57 ·
Ohh OK I feel better now :)

#58 ·
I think they just raised the destination cost to 895, and increased the auto trans. to 1150 on a recent limited sticker I saw.

#59 ·
The base price of the GT is only 1,000 more than a limited so a fully loaded GT would only be $1,000 more than a loaded Limited.... actually perhaps a little less since the GT comes with LED Racetrack tails, and you have to add those to the limited. The package pricing is the same between the two cars...

#61 ·
Also add $1300 for the 1.4l!

#66 ·
wondering if undfeatable meant that the 1.4T is an additional cost for the other trims instead of getting it on the GT?
Like m88s22 said, add the $1300 for the limited. 1.4l is not available on the GT.

#65 ·
Not to get everyone concerned yet, but has anyone actually able to confirm that the Mopar edition is coming with the 2.4L? I have seen in a couple of different spots where it states that it only comes with the optional 1.4T. The 2 articles are sourced from Car and Driver and Redline Dodge.

2013 Dodge Dart Mopar '13 Photos and Info ? News ? Car and Driver

If you scroll down to the section titled "Power to the People" and it's in that paragraph.

Presenting the Mopar ?13 Dart - The Official Blog of Dodge

Would be nice if it was the 2.4L since that would mean the GT is closer to being released, but there appears to be misleading info somewhere.

#67 ·
Not to get everyone concerned yet, but has anyone actually able to confirm that the Mopar edition is coming with the 2.4L? I have seen in a couple of different spots where it states that it only comes with the optional 1.4T. The 2 articles are sourced from Car and Driver and Redline Dodge.

2013 Dodge Dart Mopar '13 Photos and Info ? News ? Car and Driver

If you scroll down to the section titled "Power to the People" and it's in that paragraph.

Presenting the Mopar ?13 Dart - The Official Blog of Dodge

Would be nice if it was the 2.4L since that would mean the GT is closer to being released, but there appears to be misleading info somewhere.
When it leaked early into the buying system, it said it had the 2.4l.

#70 · (Edited)
Trust me. I'm not saying it is a performance engine. But neither is the 2.4L. I honestly think that both in stock form will be a lot closer in acceleration than most are thinking and they would be good to compare against.

I didn't get my Dart for performance. I got it to be my daily driver while I turn my NSRT-4 into even more of a performance car. Right now that thing sits at 0-60 in 5.4 seconds while spinning 1st and 2nd gear. I am hoping to get both cars on the dyno coming up in a couple weeks.

#71 ·
I know what you mean. Right now my 03 1.8T Jetta sits at my mechanics having practically $3,000 in parts installed. The only performance upgrade(mostly blown K03S turbo and maintenance) to the array of bolt-ons I already have is a Megan Racing 2.5" exhaust. So how would you consider our cars? Pretty fast, sort of fast? Then the Dart 1.4T would be a little fast, slightly fast? I never figured out the terminology on speed. Haha

#73 ·
I would have to say that it is probably the slowest car I have owned. Even the 2002 Neon I owned was quicker. Yeah it was short 28 HP compared to the Dart, but it also weighed approx 600 lbs lighter. These cars were designed to be economy cars that help get Chrysler back on track after the bankruptcy. Don't get me wrong. I love this thing since I've got a round trip of 130 miles to and from work and I've been getting around 34-35 mpg overall, but when it's time to go, I don't trust it to go like my other cars.

#79 ·
From what I remember and could find was the 2010 Challenger R/T and the 2011 Charger R/T. They could always end up doing a Ram 1500 as well.

They have also done other special versions of things like the Ram Runner Kit, the Challenger V-10 Drag Pak, a Jeep Wrangler Call of Duty: Black Ops special edition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.